Companies Acting like Assholes

PatGund

Companies Acting like Assholes

Post by PatGund »

I offer, for eventual shooting into the sun, ImageNet Consultants of Oklahoma City, and their inventive way to get their hands on their workers stimulus checks.

Original Story (with company not identified) here:

Austin company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks
The agreement would put workers under a “temporary compensation reduction that is in line with the assistance that it receives from the federal government related to the COVID-19 pandemic.” By signing the agreement, the company’s employees would have their paychecks between April 6 and April 20 cut by 100% of any money received under the stimulus bill.

The company would also take half of the $500 stipend allotted for dependents under the bill.
And then the Lost Ogle identified it:

OKC-based company wants to keep employees’ $1,200 stimulus payments….
For example, we have learned via the Ogle Mole Network that ImageNet Consulting – an Oklahoma City-based “Information Technology Solutions” firm that sells high-dollar copiers, scanners, and IT services to companies all across the country – wanted their remaining employees to forfeit a portion of their April paycheck that is equal to the amount they will receive from their government-issued Coronavirus stimulus payment.

Basically, ImageNet Consulting came up with a plan to pocket their employees’ stimulus checks!

The move came after the company had already conducted mass layoffs as a result of the pandemic.
But hey thanks to people finding out about it and calling the company out for being complete douche canoes Danger Yam's incredible leadership, they're not going to swipe their employees stimulus checks. (At least for now)

Update: ImageNet Abandons Plan To Pocket Employee Stimulus Payments
In the memo, he admits the company did ask “a small group of employees to potentially reduce their compensation temporarily if there was a government stimulus plan,” but thanks to “President Trump’s Coronavirus Stimulus Package… ImageNet will not be asking any employees earning under $75,000 to reduce their pay.”
Yeah, it's hard to justify decisions that make Hobby Lobby look like a workers utopia.
Northland10

Re: Companies Acting like Assholes

Post by Northland10 »

:smokeears:
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Thanks for this! (I think)
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Can we include MyPillow in this?

Just because I find that guy creepy

When is he going to get caught in a motel room with a Rent Goat
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:08 am Can we include MyPillow in this?

They are assholes.

https://www.bbb.org/us/mn/chaska/profil ... #387216273

This is how they've been responding to BBB consumer complaints:
Screenshot_20200331-115915-153.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:08 am Can we include MyPillow in this?

He seriously looks like he does something unsavory with those pillows.

And I would NOT be surprised if he had a special waifu pillow of Donald Trump
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Hobby Lobby should be on the list. First the CEO said God told his wife to keep the stores open then they began closing down stores and firing employees by email.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/a- ... r-layoffs/
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm Hobby Lobby should be on the list. First the CEO said God told his wife to keep the stores open then they began closing down stores and firing employees by email.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/a- ... r-layoffs/
Yes indeed they should be on this list!!
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

I would have put Hobby Lobby on the list even before the current happenings.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Has anyone noticed that nothing is on sale at the grocery stores lately?

Except maybe produce which has a shelf life.

But common manufactured food products. Nope.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 pm Has anyone noticed that nothing is on sale at the grocery stores lately?

Except maybe produce which has a shelf life.

But common manufactured food products. Nope.
Yes, same here. No weekly ads.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Ads/sales are to lure you in. Covid-19 is advertising for them for free. :blink:
bob

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:34 pmYes, same here. No weekly ads.
BevMo, like clockwork, sent me its weekly coupon. :towel:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

neonzx wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:45 pm Ads/sales are to lure you in. Covid-19 is advertising for them for free. :blink:
Sales are set by the producer.

That's why the same product will be on sale at different chains at the same time.
MojoSapien

Post by MojoSapien »

I still get flooded with them
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Hobby Lobby for sure.
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Guess Sweet Lou made it out of quarantine. The first sentence alone ... And Fox News, Fox, the Murdoch family and company executives including on-air talent who knew better and took precautions for themselves should be near the top of the list here. Funny how it's always "evil" when the majority of people object to making a news conference an informercial or misleading people possibly to their deaths. Guess he can make his business on 30% of the country. IMPOTUS has been pushing him to run for Governor.
‘MyPillow Guy’ Mike Lindell Blasts ‘Evil’ Media Coverage of His Appearance at WH Briefing
By Zachary Petrizzo Mar 31st, 2020, 7:01 pm

Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, ripped into CNN’s Jim Acosta on Lou Dobbs Tonight, Tuesday evening billing the press as “evil,” after he spoke Monday at the White House coronavirus press briefing about manufacturing masks and praising the president’s response. Dobbs said, “You mentioned God, you have the Bible written large behind you, I suspect around you, as people of faith. I want to turn to Chris Hayes, intrepid host on MSNBC,” before airing a clip of Hayes Monday night discussing how people can’t take Trump seriously with Lindell alongside him at the presser.

“Seems crazy that everyone’s still taking [these briefings] when you have the MyPillow guy getting up there talking about reading the Bible,” Hayes stated.

“Wow…The pillow guy reading the Bible,” Dobbs then exclaimed.

“I heard Jim Acosta attack me too, and he was 10 feet from me, in the Rose Garden. This is just evil, Lou. This is evil,” Lindell stated. “This president has been the best man in charge for such a time as this; it’s just those newscasters, those journalists, we know who they are… CNN, what they did to me, I’m sorry, I put on a message of hope to the country that God had given us grace in November of 2016, a nation that turned its back on God, and right now we’re part of this big revival,” Lindell continued. “I am appalled by the journalists that I see there. I used to think that, they are not that evil, yes, they are,” he concluded.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mypillow-gu ... -briefing/

Heartbreaking. And who are the snowflakes, again? :lol:

ETA: Well, this makes it all better... a Fox News PSA:

Fox Media has launched a PSA promo centered around the constitution’s “We the people” opening line. The spot features Chris Wallace, Martha MacCallum, Harris Faulkner, Bill Hemmer, Tucker Carlson, Dana Perino, Neil Cavuto, Sean Hannity and Shannon Bream. Most of the personalities’ appearances appear to be filmed at home with smartphones. The spot ends by directing viewers to the official government website, coronavirus.gov.

Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Bad employer alert:
Red Robin is scheduling their employees one hour a week preventing them from drawing unemployment.
BeastofBourbon

Post by BeastofBourbon »

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=12591#p1168453

Bill G.- How did you learn about this? The Oregonlive map of open restaurants shows that the RR nearest me is closed, but maybe they've kept select franchises open? We stopped patronizing RR years ago due to our sense of corporate greed, so this is just additional confirmation. Thanks.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

BeastofBourbon wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:04 pm viewtopic.php?f=113&t=12591#p1168453

Bill G.- How did you learn about this? The Oregonlive map of open restaurants shows that the RR nearest me is closed, but maybe they've kept select franchises open? We stopped patronizing RR years ago due to our sense of corporate greed, so this is just additional confirmation. Thanks.
A restaurant doesn’t have to be open to give employees a token pay amount to avoid unemployment claims.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Menards. Pandemic price gouging is just the latest in their history of awfulness.

I've heard this bull before.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

DejaMoo wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:14 pm Menards. Pandemic price gouging is just the latest in their history of awfulness.

The founder of Menard's is a real - no words, he's just too awful. Of course he's a big Republican contributor.
Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
jemcanada

Post by jemcanada »

I don’t like Premier Ford, but he’s not doing too badly with his Covid-19 response. One thing he’s doing is charging people and companies who try to price gouge. There are huge fines AND jail time!

https://www.ontario.ca/form/report-pric ... d-covid-19

https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/3/o ... uging.html

Edited to add second link
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Right Wing Watch

@RightWingWatch
Why is the MyPillow guy retweeting QAnon gibberish about his website's discount codes?
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Steven Greenhouse
@greenhousenyt
·
22m
BAD STUFF >> Office Depot, which has said it is an essential retailer, sent a memo to store managers saying customer-facing employees were not allowed to wear masks and discouraged managers from sending workers home if they had symptoms of the virus.
https://t.co/ccHBTIFxkq?amp=1

Why are Office Depots still open?
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Coronavirus”