Post by Sterngard Friegen »

So how's BoJo doing?

GreatGrey

Re: Prominent People with Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by GreatGrey »

bob wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:05 pm
CNN: Hal Willner, longtime 'SNL' staffer and music producer, dies at 64:
Generations of "Saturday Night Live" talent are paying tribute to Hal Willner, a longtime staff member of the show who is being remembered for his lovable weirdness as much as his musical genius.

Willner died Tuesday at age 64, according to Blake Zidell, a spokesperson for Willner.

Willner had symptoms consistent with Covid-19 but had not been formally diagnosed, Zidell said.

On paper, Willner wore many hats.

One had him working on sketch music adaptations for "SNL," a duty which essentially called for him to choose the music for sketches featured on the long-running comedy series. He'd held the job since the '80s and was a current employee of the show.

Outside of his work on "SNL," Willner was a celebrated producer, working with many legendary musicians for tribute albums and live events. He was known for his love of music across genres, something that was reflected in his work.
Hal’s last post on Twitter March 29 was about John Prine. They died on the same day.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

bob

Post by bob »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm
So how's BoJo doing?
BBC: Coronavirus: Boris Johnson 'improving' as intensive care treatment continues:
Prime Minister Boris Johnson is "improving" after two nights in intensive care with coronavirus, Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said.

Mr Johnson was now sitting up in bed and "engaging positively" with the clinical team at St Thomas' Hospital in London, the chancellor added.

Later, Downing Street said the prime minister "continues to make steady progress" but remained in intensive care.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

No doubt they are fully forthcoming on this.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sterngard Friegen

Thanks, bob.

Thanks for the clarification, 'Filly.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

My staff informs me that he was never put on a ventilator.

It would be nice to think he may emerge as a changed man.

For the better, I hope.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

webhick

Post by webhick »

Foggy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 pm
My staff informs me that he was never put on a ventilator.
I find it a little hard to believe that your penis has access to the UK PM's medical information and you somehow don't. I mean, I've seen a penis that can sing and dance and even one that glowed in the dark, but never one that could detach, travel overseas, and gain access to a world leader. How much disbelief do you expect me to suspend here?

Addie

Post by Addie »

Associated Press
Allen Garfield, elite '70s character actor, dies at 80

NEW YORK (AP) — Allen Garfield, the veteran character actor who was a vital player in classic 1970s films like “The Conversation” and “Nashville,” has died. He was 80.

Garfield’s sister, Lois Goorwitz, said he died Tuesday in Los Angeles due to complications from COVID-19. Garfield had been a resident at the Motion Picture Television Fund Home, the industry retirement facility where several staffers and some residents have tested positive for the virus.

The Newark, New Jersey-born Garfield first set out as a boxer and a sportswriter. While covering sports for New Jersey’s Star-Ledger, he studied acting at night and was eventually taken in by the Actor’s Studio. There, he studied under Lee Strasberg.

Performing with naturalism and method-style commitment, Garfield found he could transfer journalism into acting.

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Lani

Post by Lani »

Her parents fought for her to be able to trial cbd. You can read at the link about how much that improved her quality of life. So sad her life was short. I've seen two little children with hundreds of daily seizures be able to reduce their medication, with dramatic reduction in seizures, and learn to talk and walk.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Lani wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:29 pm
Her parents fought for her to be able to trial cbd. You can read at the link about how much that improved her quality of life. So sad her life was short. I've seen two little children with hundreds of daily seizures be able to reduce their medication, with dramatic reduction in seizures, and learn to talk and walk.
Yesterday marked 4 months seizure free for my friend's son. They fought the state of TN for several years to get him on cbd and finally succeeded. He was having up to 200 seizures a day. They had rarely gone more than 4 days in the last 20 years until he got on the cbd.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Blues singer Bobby Rush in quarantine after inconclusive COVID-19 test

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Grammy-winner Bobby Rush says doctors put him in quarantine, after an inconclusive COVID-19 test.

“They quarantined me until the 20th of April,” he explained by phone. “Hopefully, between here and that time, they’ll do the nose swab.”

He told WMC Action News 5 he has been sick for six weeks, after performing in Nashville. The night of February 28, Rush says he shook hands and took pictures with fans. He then started feeling sick about two days later.

Rush says he was not getting better, and then all of a sudden, last week, he felt so sick he couldn't stand up. He says he then developed a dry cough and his fever spiked.

He was rushed to the emergency room twice last week, and says he couldn't eat, but never lost his sense of smell or taste.

He says a throat swab test was taken and the inconclusive test results came back five days later.

Rush is urging people to stay home to stop the spread of Coronavirus, as he is currently secluding himself.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Fox35 Orlando
Another Florida Congressman tests positive for coronavirus

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida Congressman Neal Dunn has tested positive for COVID-19, his office announced.

They stated Congressman Dunn was not feeling well on Monday evening and went to the emergency room out of an abundance of caution. He met CDC criteria for coronavirus and was tested.

He has reportedly since received notice that the results of the test were positive. ...

"He reminds everyone that it is important for us all to stay home unless they are an 'essential employee' or need essential items from stores or pharmacies," his office stated. "Congressman Dunn emphasizes that we must continue to do what we can to target vulnerable places and populations to slow the spread of this disease. He is keenly interested in new and faster testing to help everyone understand their risks."

Previously, Florida Representative Mario Diaz-Balart became the first member of Congress to announce that he has tested positive for coronavirus.
Adding:

WDSU: Louisiana lawmaker Reggie Bagala dies after battle with coronavirus
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Guilfoyle Retweeted Senator Rand Paul
Senator @RandPaul represents the best of America. He fights tirelessly with a selfless dedication to his community, his state, his nation, and to humanity as a whole. Thank you, Rand!
:sick:

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

I give him credit for volunteering. Covid-19 must have humbled him.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Oh, sweet Jesus! Can you imagine being admitted to the hospital with COVID, suffering from a high fever and hallucinating and Rand Paul walks into the room?? :eek2:

Sterngard Friegen

There's only one worse sight. Sekrit Stuffs!
Ron Paul walking in behind him in white and sporting a stethoscope.

Lani

Post by Lani »

J K Rowling says she was sick for 2 weeks with COVI19. She was not tested, but she was treated at home by her MD husband. He told her to watch this video about how to protect her lungs, and she says it helped a lot with her recovery.

FWIW:

Direct link to YouTube:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks, Lani. I'm going to try to practice that.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Music Journalist Andrew Male’s wife. The comments are heartbreaking.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Seems like everything these days is heartbreaking. :brokenheart:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Taking license plates at church? Quarantining someone for being Christian on Easter Sunday? Someone needs to take a step back here.

Kentucky Governor Announces Plan to Record License Plates of Easter Church Goers and Force Them to Quarantine for 14 Days
Replies are brutal. It would be fun if the Idaho officials did that at Ammon's Sunday service :daydream:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

First of all, Rand is relying on the Gateway Pundit now? Second, has Rand expressed his displeasure with Texas Governor Greg Abbott doing the same thing with people coming in from Louisiana?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

maybe not too prominent, but aquaintance to individual-1
A Trump ally, who the president said had the coronavirus, died from complications.

Stanley Chera, the New York real-estate developer and friend of President Trump whom the president described during a White House briefing as suffering from the coronavirus, has died from complications related to the disease, three people familiar with his death said on Saturday.

Mr. Chera, 78, who was being treated at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, died there, according to the people familiar with what took place.

Mr. Chera had left New York City for Deal, N.J., in early March, as a number of wealthier city residents fled the city, one of the centers of the outbreak, to avoid the virus. It was unclear where Mr. Chera contracted it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/c ... k-19f5d930

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson released from hospital after treatment in intensive care for coronavirus

Timothy Bella, Paul Schemm, William Booth, James McAuley, Marisa Iati, Meryl Kornfield, Kim Bellware and Miriam Berger
April 12, 2020 at 3:56 p.m. GMT+2

The Washington Post is providing this story for free so that all readers have access to this important information about the coronavirus. For more free stories, sign up for our daily Coronavirus Updates newsletter.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was released from a hospital Sunday, nearly a week after he was admitted into intensive care for the coronavirus.

part of https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... test-news/

Return to “Coronavirus”