On a Personal Level--Coronavirus COVID-19 Cancellations, etc.

John Thomas8

Re: On a Personal Level--Coronavirus COVID-19 Cancellations, etc.

Post by John Thomas8 »

Saw were Wegman's is giving their staff a $2/hour raise.

Got an e-mail from the World Market chain, they're closing for 60 days but paying their staff anyway.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I've had allergies and slight asthma for years. I wake up every morning with a stuffy nose, some coughing and sneezing and sometimes a headache.

So nothing new there.

But now that I have learned that anosmia is a predictor of Covid-19, I am sniffing my handy garlic bulb every morning to make sure I can still smell.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm I am worried that Oregon shutdown for essential only. Shirley the Tillamook ice cream factory will be essential and thus no shortage looming? Asking for a friend...

:sarcasm:
Cows don't stop delivering the milk and cream cause of an emergency ;)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:50 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm I am worried that Oregon shutdown for essential only. Shirley the Tillamook ice cream factory will be essential and thus no shortage looming? Asking for a friend...

:sarcasm:
Cows don't stop delivering the milk and cream cause of an emergency ;)
Yabbut, someone human has to turn it into ice 🍦, and Tillamook is the bomb.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Schools in North Carolina are closed until May 15th and a major hospital group in the state is calling for state-imposed shelter-at-home.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

There are so many Coronavirus threads I am not sure sometimes where to post. Anywhoooo. I did a family-sized pot pie marathon baking day. And, I made sure to include an ingredients list entitled. DEMOCRAT POT PIE for each recipient. Because I care. Also, for two households which are mixed, I made Cherry Tarts and included a note that these were solely for the kind side. Should have taken pics. The pies were spectacular looking.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbs:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants »

Have any of y’all tried Shipt for groceries? They buy everything on your list, drive it to your house and leave it in the front porch with a text that it is there. All for $10. Tried it today and it was great. Had to make quite a few substitutions and if course no toilet paper but still worthwhile.

As for ice cream, our town has only about 5 businesses but one of them is a dairy that makes ice cream. And had a drive through. So milk, butter, eggs and ice cream are fresh and local and contact free.

PS. My late father (who thought Mt Rushmore was a natural formation) thought eggs were a dairy product. 😳

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Just a note for the pizza lovers, and those that are in vain on lookout for the stuff in the shops:

With all the time one now has at hand, why not make one from scratch?

Follow your favourite recipe to make fresh dough. Let it go thru its first uprising. Then make portions according to the size of pizza you prefer.

Wrap the portions you don't want to use immediately in household plastic foil and deepfreeze. They will keep fine for several months. Unfreeze in the fridge a few hours before use, then let them rise once more at room temperature.

Mozarella cheese in the quality for cooking / melting on a pizza is also too a candidate for deepfreezing until needed.

Now you only need to hunt for the fresh toppings.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Princess foofypants wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm PS. My late father (who thought Mt Rushmore was a natural formation) thought eggs were a dairy product. 😳
In fairness, they are in the dairy section. :)

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:51 pm
Princess foofypants wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm PS. My late father (who thought Mt Rushmore was a natural formation) thought eggs were a dairy product. 😳
Cuz sometimes cows give eggs.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

ZekeB wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:52 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:51 pm
Cuz sometimes cows give eggs.
And brown hens lay brown eggs. :daydream:

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm I am getting sick of all the COVID-19 emails from companies that say essentially nothing of value.
Yes, but at least the MSM hasn't set up a studio in your mailbox to read them aloud for two hours daily and then discuss the nuances.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm I am getting sick of all the COVID-19 emails from companies that say essentially nothing of value.
BUT... But... but... they all say how much they care for you (and your $$$) ;)

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

You haven't watched a Trump news conference lately?

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

ZekeB wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:02 pm
You haven't watched a Trump news conference lately?
I stopped a few days ago. (get the gist of them from my Twitter feed, which is filled with botg journalists) You're right --nothing of value. Trump droning on and on pimping how great he is has not been helpful at all.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I ventured out for the senior shopping this morning. I got there right before 6 AM, got in a line. It went around the side of the building, but people were spaced. I got most of what I wanted off my wish list. Most of the shelves were pretty well stocked, although there were areas that were somewhat bare. I don't need cleaning supplies, so I didn't go into that aisle. I did what was a pretty normal shopping trip for me. I think I won't have to go out soon again, and I'm thinking of doing curbside service the next time. The only things on my list I really couldn't get were noodles, rice, and real coffee cream. My grocery store is the only place I know that sells real cream for coffee. There was no ice cream, but I have two cartons in the freezer, so I wouldn't have bought that anyway.

I got a freshly made small cake for my birthday in two days, so we will be having cake and ice cream! :-D

My son drove me as it was so early and I can't drive in the dark. He stayed in the car as he has a cold and would freak people out. I'm the only one of us who really knows this particular store anyway. The battery was dead when I came out of the store. Luckily, we had a Halo in the car and got it started, and I was home not long after 7. I am not a morning person. :(

Today is a day to order out to help the restaurant business, so we will do another takeout today.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Just found out my oldest brother (71) is in the ICU, no visitors. He has a double infection. He also has heart disease and kidney cancer, so his health hasn't been good for a long while.

None of which ever stopped him from being a virulent racist and Trump-humper, though. First he insisted the pandemic was no big deal, more recently he and my youngest brother (another MAGA moron) have been playing defense by saying, "Well, there was nothing Trump could do about this."

You're all probably familiar with the term "compassion fatigue". I'm a sufferer. I have only so much compassion to feel, so I'm triaging it. No compassion for morons who cheer wildly when their godlet hurts other people. They'll have to get by with the miniscule amount of compassion within their own wretched souls.

Eff 'em.

I've heard this bull before.
kate520

Post by kate520 »

:bighug:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:

tek

Post by tek »

DejaMoo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:37 pm Eff 'em.
This seems an appropriate response to them
behold_field.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There's no way back
from there to here
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Both of our daughters are getting online training in online teaching this week. They will start doing online classes next week.

Our younger daughter is concerned that some of her students may not have access to a computer and the Internet at home.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

tek wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:37 pm
DejaMoo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:37 pm Eff 'em.
This seems an appropriate response to them

behold_field.jpg
Might have to steal that....

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!!!!!!

Last week we got our hands on two Costco sized packs of surface wipes. Sent a canister out to the other branches (four) and put the rest on the shelves where we keep all the other office/coffee supplies. They have disappeared. We must have a hoarder. Lock 'em up when I can get some more.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

The Harris County Stay at Home order.

https://www.readyharris.org/Stay-Home?f ... jwncUpjESU

Quite a long list of exemptions.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Coronavirus”