Judiciary: H.Res.755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.

bob

Re: Judiciary: H.Res.755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanor

Post by bob »

The House is going to WITHHOLD the Articles of Impeachment from being delivered to the Senate until the Speaker thinks it's a fair trial. She's now reading Moscow Mitch's comments. So for now, Donald is just impeached. That's gonna sting. "The foreman of the jury is in cahoots with the defendant"
I'm not watching the teevee, but some of Twitter is reporting that Pelosi is being coy; saying maybe she will, maybe she won't.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Addie

Re: Judiciary: H.Res.755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanor

Post by Addie »

:like:

AndyinPA wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 pm
Orlylicious wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:16 pm
I knew about this but couldn't say a word, Nancy just dropped the bomb...

The House is going to WITHHOLD the Articles of Impeachment from being delivered to the Senate until the Speaker thinks it's a fair trial. She's now reading Moscow Mitch's comments. So for now, Donald is just impeached. That's gonna sting. "The foreman of the jury is in cahoots with the defendant"

How bout that! :kiss: :P
Wow! That’s made me happy!

:banana: :fiesta: :bunny:

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bob wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:24 pm
I'm not watching the teevee, but some of Twitter is reporting that Pelosi is being coy; saying maybe she will, maybe she won't.
I watched it. She was not being coy IMO. She was her normal poised, calm, and self assured self.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

I think this makes me even happier than the impeachment itself, since that was a given. This is the whipped cream with a cherry on top.

:cheer1: :cheer1:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Donny is losing his shit in public right now

bob

Post by bob »

WaPo:
Minutes after the vote, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told reporters she wouldn’t be naming House managers until she saw the parameters of the Senate trial and was assured it was fair, strongly suggesting that she believes a fair trial includes witnesses.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

She also will want Moscow Mitch to recuse himself.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Turtle wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:43 pm
She also will want Moscow Mitch to recuse himself.
Which he will never do... :nope:
Birfers are toast

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

The House managers should make a motion to the Chief Justice that certain members be disqualified including Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsey. The motion will be denied but the point will be made.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Make the conviction vote secret ballot.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

:lol: There are some wild memes on Twitter.

#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Withholding transfer to the Senate? That will have Teh Donald fuming and twit storming for days to come. I bet he thought he would have a fast "victory". Now weeks or months to live with the shadow of impeachment procedings suddenly getting real in the Senate.

What's the Art Of The Deal in this situation :?:

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Some protesters found their way into the rally.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Sunrise wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:30 pm
I think this makes me even happier than the impeachment itself, since that was a given. This is the whipped cream with a cherry on top.

:cheer1: :cheer1:
It puts Doofus in limbo, which he will hate. But what else was Nancy supposed to do. You can't send to a trier of fact that publicly admits being not impartial.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:28 pm
Withholding transfer to the Senate? That will have Teh Donald fuming and twit storming for days to come. I bet he thought he would have a fast "victory". Now weeks or months to live with the shadow of impeachment procedings suddenly getting real in the Senate.

What's the Art Of The Deal in this situation :?:
Maybe some impeachment hearings for Pompeo and Barr for their part in this and blowing off their subpoena would turn up the heat a little. :kickface:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Turtle wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:18 pm
That’s disgusting. I don’t tweet, but I saw Debbie Dingell’s response on MSNBC. She’s not happy, to put it mildly.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Turtle wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:31 pm

Some protesters found their way into the rally.
Ooh. Donny sounded really angry that someone rained on his whine parade.
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

CNN has this headline on the top of the page, but no story yet:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi would not commit to sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate. Watch CNN analysis
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Barbara McQuade:
Trump mocks
@RepDebDingell
and her late husband
@JohnDingell
because she voted to impeach even after Trump permitted state funeral. He expected to buy her vote. How can this vulgar and unethical man be our president?
Edited to add a response from that thread:

Gabrielle- H◾️gh ◾️◾️i◾️st◾️◾️◾️ of Redaction
@Minervasbard
·
2h
Replying to
@BarbMcQuade

@Carle_tt
and 2 others
He expected to buy her vote with her husband’s funeral 😑
And another:
FoodieCubed
@FoodieCubed
·
1h
Replying to
@BarbMcQuade

@RepDebDingell
and
@JohnDingell
Trump is literally lamenting he didn’t receive personal benefit from something he did as a public servant. Reminder: he is impeached TODAY for this very offense.
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

SLQ wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:06 am
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Barbara McQuade:
Trump mocks
@RepDebDingell
and her late husband
@JohnDingell
because she voted to impeach even after Trump permitted state funeral. He expected to buy her vote. How can this vulgar and unethical man be our president?
Edited to add a response from that thread:

Gabrielle- H◾️gh ◾️◾️i◾️st◾️◾️◾️ of Redaction
@Minervasbard
·
2h
Replying to
@BarbMcQuade

@Carle_tt
and 2 others
He expected to buy her vote with her husband’s funeral 😑
And another:
FoodieCubed
@FoodieCubed
·
1h
Replying to
@BarbMcQuade

@RepDebDingell
and
@JohnDingell
Trump is literally lamenting he didn’t receive personal benefit from something he did as a public servant. Reminder: he is impeached TODAY for this very offense.
Also, many people in that thread remarking on how red his face is.
-- Yoda

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

He went over two hours tonight, totally off the cliff. Even the cute ginger boy behind him looked ready to yawn at one point. Only watched a bit, he is absolutely red faced and was out of control.

This is from PBS so it's not giving a click to RSBN or the other NJs.

As mentioned to a dear friend member here tonight, the point (of the delay, from my sources) was 1) to give the base some red meat, 2) to call attention to Moscow Mitch's outrageous comments, and 3) to piss Donald off enough to bait him into turning off independent voters over the coming months. Think it worked? 8-) Normally I'm sort of against baiting him too much because we're scared of WWIII, but fu*k him tonight, he deserves to rotate slowly on the spit. Maybe through New Years. He's heading to Florida for two full weeks, the staff at Mar A Lago will be thrilled.
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Trump is unhinged. And not getting his immediate acquittal is going to unhinge him further. Tonight I saw something we have never seen at one of his klan rallies. His own supporters actually reacted negatively to the comment about Dingle. And, he also insulted his own supporters with his comment about THEM having to flush 12 times, of course, he doesn't have to do that. The more unhinged he becomes, the more paranoid. As long as stoopid idiots don't try to infiltrate, he may very well turn off his own supporters eventually. I say stoopid because what happens when 5 people attack Trump at his rallies? All it does is cement the sick bond they have - they rally around him as if they are his protectors. Similar to what happens when our country is attacked. We all rally together. Same concept.

No, I say deprive the asshole of his guaranteed fast acquittal. What the hell do we have to lose? Please. Not a damn thing. But I hope the DNC has plans to start saturating the airwaves, Facebook, social media with all the clips from the testimony. For goodness' sake, there is a virtual treasure trove of material, it needs to be out there, playing constantly, until every person can recite some of that testimony by heart. Jesus, what does it take for Democrats to learn the concept of repetition?
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

:like: :like: :like:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Return to “Impeachment”