White House Impeachment Response Strategy

Sterngard Friegen

Re: White House Impeachment Response Strategy

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Foggy wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:32 pm
Actually, I think I'll be OK with a completely ridiculous scam of a trial in the Senate.

If that's gonna happen, the more ridiculous the better. Have some Republican senators yell and scream during the Democrats' opening statement. Prevent any witnesses from testifying except Hunter Biden, and have some Republican senators yell and scream at him when he's trying to answer questions. Then vote along party lines that not only is Trump acquitted and absolved of ever doing anything wrong or making any mistakes in his entire life, but they should also vote that he is the most perfect American president who ever lived and that obviously he was officially sent by Jesus to rule the US for the rest of his life, so we won't need any more confusing and expensive presidential elections until he is quietly called home by Jesus to rule in Heaven for all eternity.

Make it a circus. Make it a total dog-and-pony show. Make it so ridiculous and unfair and rigged and stoopit that every single thinking American in this great land of ours can see the truth about it.

Then give Vladimir Putin the Congressional Medal of Honor and put Russia officially in charge of running the country. Who would object to that?

:boxing:
It will be a sufficient scam of a trial when Moscow Mitch takes the oath of a juror at the impeachment trial and everyone will know it's yet another oath to the Constitution and the American people that he doesn't take seriously and has violated.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:01 pm
Foggy wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:32 pm
Actually, I think I'll be OK with a completely ridiculous scam of a trial in the Senate.

:snippity:

Then give Vladimir Putin the Congressional Medal of Honor and put Russia officially in charge of running the country. Who would object to that?

:boxing:
It will be a sufficient scam of a trial when Moscow Mitch takes the oath of a juror at the impeachment trial and everyone will know it's yet another oath to the Constitution and the American people that he doesn't take seriously and has violated.
The campaign commercials write themselves.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/14/poli ... ssion=true
The House Judiciary Committee's vote Friday passing articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump was meant as extraordinary repudiation.

The history was certainly there, and is weighing on the President. But it did not appear anyone felt rebuked at the White House.

Minutes before the party-line vote was called, the man joining Trump at the center of the scandal -- his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani -- was seen ambling across the White House driveway toward the West Wing.

"Maybe he's here to go to the Christmas party with his son, who works at the White House," offered Kellyanne Conway, the President's counselor, when asked about Giuliani's presence. The party, according to the White House schedule, was set to begin at 8:15 p.m., a full 10-and-a-half hours after Giuliani arrived.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neeneko wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:52 am
Whatever4 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:40 am
Who is going to stop them?
Given that this is a rather predictable problem, I am really surprised that there is not a mechanism to counter this.

I think James Madison was operating on the given that the President and more than 1/3 of the Senators were not flat out criminals.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

He knows better now. :madguy:
In my language, "raining hard" means almost the exact opposite of "hardly raining". :shock:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Sterngard Friegen

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm
I think James Madison was operating on the given that the President and more than 1/3 of the Senators were not flat out criminals.
Thing is, they would not likely have been ignorant of English politics at the time and how both parties put loyalty to their own higher than welfare of the state. I know americans, even at the time, were into their 'exceptionalism' and I guess maybe they believed their hyper individualism and superiority meant that they would not fall into the same political traps the countries who colonised them did?

They should have known that the majority of senators would be crooks, you don't get that powerful without that kind of sensitivity and political awareness.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

neeneko wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:11 am
Gregg wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm
Thing is, they would not likely have been ignorant of English politics at the time and how both parties put loyalty to their own higher than welfare of the state. I know americans, even at the time, were into their 'exceptionalism' and I guess maybe they believed their hyper individualism and superiority meant that they would not fall into the same political traps the countries who colonised them did?

They should have known that the majority of senators would be crooks, you don't get that powerful without that kind of sensitivity and political awareness.
These are the same people who thought that everyone should have a firearm, because it never occurred to them that people are idiots.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

So Fox keeps floating this idea, that Trump can be convicted in the Senate and remain in office.
468AA5CF-4D46-4EA6-9E33-3ADB423B0BFD.jpeg
IANAL, but as I read Article 2, Section 4, there’s no option.
“Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Why would they bring that up. He's obviously not getting convicted.

Addie

Post by Addie »

The Hill: GOP lawmakers jockey for positions as managers
Adding:
Politico: Lindsey Graham invites Rudy Giuliani to Judiciary panel to discuss recent Ukraine visit

"Rudy, if you want to come and tell us what you found, I'll be glad to talk to you,” Lindsey Graham says.
The Hill: Republicans aim to avoid war with White House over impeachment strategy ...

Divisions have erupted between President Trump and the GOP Senate on everything from witnesses, how long the trial should last and whether senators should wait until January to start it.

Sterngard Friegen

Impeach and remove = convicted. Impeach but not remove = acquitted.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Stevie wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:41 am
Why would they bring that up. He's obviously not getting convicted.
I wouldn't bet my life savings on that.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Trump has sent a 6 page letter to Speaker Pelosi.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... -final.pdf

It is a rehash of his anti-impeachment talking points. :roll:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
·
5m
Trump suggests Adam Schiff should face severe punishment for paraphrasing his Zelensky call during a hearing: "In Guatemala they handle things much tougher than that."
Trump envies Guatemala! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Replace Schiff by Trump and Zelensky by Strzok / Page and hearing by rally ... :blackeye:

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Trump has sent a 6 page letter to Speaker Pelosi.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... -final.pdf

It is a rehash of his anti-impeachment talking points. :roll:
Stable genius?

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

#MAGA :sarcasm:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:nooo:

What a whiny, hateful piece of crap.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada »

There is no way in Hell that he wrote that letter. It’s got his cray cray, but he could never be that grammatically coherent (if not intellectually coherent).

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

More due process was afforded to those accused in the Salem Witch Trials.
Well, no trial has yet begun -- but let me know when I need to bring the marshmallows. :blink:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

jemcanada wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:54 pm
There is no way in Hell that he wrote that letter. It’s got his cray cray, but he could never be that grammatically coherent (if not intellectually coherent).
It sounds like Doofus's stream of consciousness, so I suspect he dictated it and someone cleaned it up (a bit.)
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sports fans: if a baseball player refuses to take a drug test, MLB treats it as a positive result. Why? Only a player who’d test dirty would refuse a test.

Why won’t
@realDonaldTrump
send witnesses or documents to Congress?

Because he’d test dirty.

#ImpeachmentHearings

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I'm guessing he does not consent.

Return to “Impeachment”