White House Impeachment Response Strategy

TexasFilly

Re: White House Impeachment Response Strategy

Post by TexasFilly »

Sorry, late to the party on this, but accusing Rick Fuckin' Perry of masterminding anything is so ridiculous there aren't enough emojis in the world to express it.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Volkonski wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:11 pm
CNN: Former Trump Organization executive says she expects President Trump will resign.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/06/media/re ... index.html
Mr. Filly has suggested that as a possibility. It's an opinion. I disagree with it.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

TexasFilly wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:25 pm
Sorry, late to the party on this, but accusing Rick Fuckin' Perry of masterminding anything is so ridiculous there aren't enough emojis in the world to express it.
Alas, the ridiculous is not used as a measurement for fuckhead's accusations.

Just read the AP article on how fuckhead's fossil fuel buddies were trying to get an edge in Ukraine. Which apparently Perry was aware of/in on.

Fuckhead is shifting blame here; setting up Perry to take the fall on this. As usual, a shabby web of lies that only those who have shut off their brains will believe.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie »

Reuters
Trump amps up complaints, says Pelosi may be guilty of treason

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday launched a direct attack on House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi, saying she could be guilty of treason for what he claimed was her knowledge of a top Democrat’s characterization of his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

“Nancy Pelosi knew of all of the many Shifty Adam Schiff lies and massive frauds perpetrated upon Congress and the American people,” Trump tweeted, referring to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Addie wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:37 pm
Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday launched a direct attack on House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi, saying she could be guilty of treason for what he claimed was her knowledge of a top Democrat’s characterization of his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

“Nancy Pelosi knew of all of the many Shifty Adam Schiff lies and massive frauds perpetrated upon Congress and the American people,” Trump tweeted, referring to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:06 am
Addie wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:37 pm
Reuters

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
You are referring to the word "says" no doubt.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

It's only 9:30 am on Monday and I'm already exhausted.
ImageImageImage x4

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

What if one of the whistleblowers is the Director of the CIA?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 am
And we haven't even gotten to the NBA/China fiasco. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

TexasFilly wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:25 pm
:like: :like: :like:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

Volkonski wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:39 am
Slim Cognito wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 am
And we haven't even gotten to the NBA/China fiasco. ;)
Monday has been a hell of a week
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I'm glad someone has picked up on this. He is trying to dilute the term so it becomes less damaging.
The background on fake news is accurate. But going back even further, it used to be an advertising tool. People in the business called it fake news or fnews (also flogs for fake blogs) and for under $40 you could have some made. I'm talking about registering domains and setting up websites that look like local TV news stations. They were doing it to sell diet pills and other supplements. They would aggregate real stories and mix a fake story in there that was really ad copy. This was back in 2006-2009. One day Dr. Oz was on Oprah and he mentioned something about acai berries being antioxidants, so the fake news sites all were putting these "as seen on Oprah" things on their ads. Harpo tried to sue them, but a lot of these domains and hosts were set up offshore. And for every one that got taken down, 2 more would pop back up. So then they went after the ad brokers (the ones who pay the publishers) and got the FTC involved. Eventually the payouts got so small it wasn't worth doing, so that's how it ended.

But by 2008 the people who used to make money building and selling the sites repurposed them into circlejerks and clickbait that happened to work pretty well with political sites. I would say around 2012 there was another group who redesigned the model to be more sophisticated and take advantage of the open APIs provided by the social media platforms. Instead of ad copy, they used comments to deliver the call to action.

When the first stories about these sites (like the one that had the Pope as a Trump supporter) started coming out, we started seeing the fake news label being diluted to cover it up.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Here's the letter:

Read the White House Letter in Response to the Impeachment Inquiry
OCT. 8, 2019
In a letter to House Democratic leaders, the White House counsel, Pat A. Cipollone, called the House’s impeachment inquiry illegitimate, saying the administration will not cooperate unless until the House votes to open an investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... hment.html
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Turtle wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:44 am

The background on fake news is accurate. But going back even further, it used to be an advertising tool. People in the business called it fake news or fnews (also flogs for fake blogs) and for under $40 you could have some made. I'm talking about registering domains and setting up websites that look like local TV news stations. They were doing it to sell diet pills and other supplements. They would aggregate real stories and mix a fake story in there that was really ad copy. This was back in 2006-2009. One day Dr. Oz was on Oprah and he mentioned something about acai berries being antioxidants, so the fake news sites all were putting these "as seen on Oprah" things on their ads. Harpo tried to sue them, but a lot of these domains and hosts were set up offshore. And for every one that got taken down, 2 more would pop back up. So then they went after the ad brokers (the ones who pay the publishers) and got the FTC involved. Eventually the payouts got so small it wasn't worth doing, so that's how it ended.
In the marketing industry we used to call this Native Advertising. At least I think we still do. John Oliver did a good piece on this 5 years ago

Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo - Greg Sargent
John Bolton’s eruption shows that Trump’s defenses are collapsing

Donald Trump’s explicitly declared position in the scandal consuming his presidency is that pressuring a foreign power to “investigate” a leading domestic political opponent absolutely falls within his rightfully exercised authority. Trump has said this, and so has his White House counsel, making this the White House’s official political, substantive and legal position.

But this defense is cracking up. That’s because we’re now learning, one after another, that all of the people around him knew that it was grievously wrong — that is, all except for those who were carrying out Trump’s corrupt scheme.

As this becomes more public, Trump’s position will grow increasingly unsustainable — not just as a rhetorical matter but also in terms of whether he’ll be able to keep the support of Senate Republicans, his final line of defense.

The latest domino to fall is John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser. The New York Times reports that in July, Bolton grew so alarmed by efforts to pressure Ukraine to launch “investigations” into Joe Biden and his son that he instructed an aide to alert White House lawyers.
Adding:
Politico: Trump’s impeachment barricade crumbles

Key witnesses are ignoring Trump and delivering bombshell testimony in Democrats’ Ukraine investigation.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Rick Wilson wrote:The fact that the Democrats aren't on rhe air and in digital hammering the living fuck out of Donald Trump right now with paid advertising boggles my goddamn mind

The comments are all about how the Democrats are bad at messaging and Tom Perez needs to wake the fuck up.
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Foggy wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:51 am
Rick Wilson wrote:The fact that the Democrats aren't on rhe air and in digital hammering the living fuck out of Donald Trump right now with paid advertising boggles my goddamn mind

The comments are all about how the Democrats are bad at messaging and Tom Perez needs to wake the fuck up.
I suppose it's a bad sign that I had to think for a second to remember who that was?

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

PAUL: If we’re going to investigate Rudy Giuliani, then we should investigate Hunter Biden.

RUHLE: Does that mean we should investigate how Jared Kushner’s family got foreign money? Ivanka’s Chinese trademarks?

PAUL: If we want to go down the road of self-destruction, we can do that.
Fuck you, Aqua Buddha!

As annoying as your dad was, he was twice the man you are, you little pipsqueak.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Jim Acosta
@Acosta
· 8m
Trump outside attorney Jay Sekulow to CNN: "The legal team was not involved in the Acting Chief of Staff's press briefing."

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Volkonski wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:42 pm
Jim Acosta
@Acosta
· 8m
Trump outside attorney Jay Sekulow to CNN: "The legal team was not involved in the Acting Chief of Staff's press briefing."
I think it's these moments that the legal team may be concerned about. 8-)

Am I being detained?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Shimon Prokupecz
@ShimonPro

51m
Senior DOJ official, reacting to Mulvaney: "If the White House was withholding aid in regards to the cooperation of any investigation at the Department of Justice, that is news to us.”

Here's more! What did Mulvaney do>>> "Justice officials were confused and angry at the White House comments linking the Ukraine aid delay with Durham’s work."

For the DOJ to speak out against the White House -- that is big. It doesn't really happen especially with this administration.

So to sum up what happened this afternoon with Mulvaney -- everyone confused.

DOJ - puzzled

Trump's outside lawyer - yea we weren't involved in this statement.

Reaction coming in now to Mulvaney. "It was not helpful," the source said. The source questioned what Mulvaney was talking about when he acknowledged a quid pro quo, tying the aid being held up for Ukraine to investigating the DNC and the 2016 election.

More reaction: A source familiar with the reaction inside the president's legal team adds: "I think people are a bit stunned."ote]

tek

Post by tek »

Based on Mulvaney's news conference, this is apparently the White House Impeachment Response Strategy:

manure_spreader.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no way back
from there to here

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Rick Perry jumping ship sooner than expected.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

New impeachment defense strategy: Admit the crime and try to normalize it.

It will work just as well as all the prior strategies: not well at all. But it's going to leave a lot of Republican senators very exposed when they have to vote to convict or acquit.

The Trump-Putin Administration is in real trouble.

Return to “Impeachment”