Donald: Impeachment Watch

Chilidog

Re: Donald: Impeachment Watch

Post by Chilidog »

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), a top ally of President Trump in the Senate, spoke with a Ukrainian official about unsubstantiated claims of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 presidential election just days before Trump told the Ukrainian President he thought he should investigate former Vice President and top tier 2020 Democratic hopeful Joe Biden.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467 ... mat-before

If Johnson is a witness, or even a participant, in the attempt to get Ukraine involved in a domestic election,

Shouldn't he recuse himself from the impeachment trial?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:14 pm
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), a top ally of President Trump in the Senate, spoke with a Ukrainian official about unsubstantiated claims of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 presidential election just days before Trump told the Ukrainian President he thought he should investigate former Vice President and top tier 2020 Democratic hopeful Joe Biden.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467 ... mat-before

If Johnson is a witness, or even a participant, in the attempt to get Ukraine involved in a domestic election,

Shouldn't he recuse himself from the impeachment trial?
I thought that, then laughed at my sense of decency and my naïveté.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

kate520 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 pm
Yeah, if this were Twitter I’d retweet this helluva perfect frame. I’m mommibrain on the birdie...do you Twitter?
I see you found me, so thanks for following! I can't guarantee that I'll say anything interesting :dance: :dance:
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Love this!

Laura Anderson ‏ @lastlauraleft

Close your eyes for a guided meditation:

Breathe. You’re on a clean beach. Greta Thunberg runs to meet you with a smile. Our planet has been saved. You hug as Obama is surfing towards you on a chariot of dolphins to share a message: They impeached the motherfucker.

8:34 AM - 29 Oct 2019

The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Back to reality, here's the impeachment resolution, public phase: https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20 ... Res660.pdf

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:15 pm
Back to reality, here's the impeachment resolution, public phase: https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20 ... Res660.pdf
Scalise and Gym Jordan on teevee complaining now.

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Same time :) Here it is on Twitter:

The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

tek

Post by tek »

Kendra wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:19 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:15 pm
Scalise and Gym Jordan on teevee complaining now.
After Jordan ranted for maybe 5 sentences, MSNBC cut away..
There's no way back
from there to here

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

It will be interesting to see how the procedures in the trump impeachment case differ from, or adhere to, the procedures in the Clinton impeachment case. Anybody wanna take that on :?: One thing is for certain-sure: Even if the process in both impeachments is close to identical, Republicans will be screaming unfair from now until forever.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

NMgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:43 pm
:snippity:
Even if the process in both impeachments is close to identical, Republicans will be screaming unfair from now until forever.
:yeah:
Birfers are toast

Sterngard Friegen

Representative Lindsey Graham thought that lying about actual blowjobs was an impeachable offense. But now, after giving Trump figurative blowjobs, Senator Lindsey Graham thinks that betraying one's country, subverting American foreign policy and asking foreign governments to interfere in U.S. elections for him, that what Trump did wasn't a problem at all.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:41 pm
Representative Lindsey Graham thought that lying about actual blowjobs was an impeachable offense. But now, after giving Trump figurative blowjobs, Senator Lindsey Graham thinks that betraying one's country, subverting American foreign policy and asking foreign governments to interfere in U.S. elections for him, that what Trump did wasn't a problem at all.
If it was a Democrat he'd be pissed, though, the guy does have standards.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Well, yes, but let's all give Lindsey a big round of applause for his new record! Isn't this terrific.

Citizens for Ethics ‏Verified account @CREWcrew

Congratulations Lindsey Graham on making the 1,500th visit to a Trump property by a government official! Graham's 17 visits are 50% more than anyone else in Congress!

9:01 AM - 28 Oct 2019

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

The Senate must not legitimize the House’s sham impeachment
By Hugh Hewitt
There are three paths before Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) when it comes to any articles of impeachment the House of Representatives eventually sends the Senate’s way. One is short: a quick dismissal by the Senate of the House charges. One is long: an extensive trial that would let the president and his defenders expose wrongdoing by Democrats and their ”permanent bureaucracy” allies. The third — the only approach that is obviously wrong but that may also be the most likely outcome — would be a far more limited trial that would serve only to reward Democrats for their bad behavior before reaching the foreordained conclusion that the president will not be removed from office.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... peachment/

I don't read Hugh much, but I clicked on this just to see what he had to say. That was a mistake, I now realize. Before I was done with the first paragraph I was wondering what fucking planet he's on.
Am I being detained?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

NotaPerson wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:58 pm
The Senate must not legitimize the House’s sham impeachment
By Hugh Hewitt
There are three paths before Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) when it comes to any articles of impeachment the House of Representatives eventually sends the Senate’s way. One is short: a quick dismissal by the Senate of the House charges. One is long: an extensive trial that would let the president and his defenders expose wrongdoing by Democrats and their ”permanent bureaucracy” allies. The third — the only approach that is obviously wrong but that may also be the most likely outcome — would be a far more limited trial that would serve only to reward Democrats for their bad behavior before reaching the foreordained conclusion that the president will not be removed from office.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... peachment/
A quick dismissal? I had the understanding that the Senate must take the case and invite the SCOTUS head to lead the proceedings. Not that the Senate in its own move mop the dirt under the carpet.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Hugh Hewitt is a Corsi-in-waiting, he's sickening. He had a show on MSNBC for about a year... other than watching him squirm at the totally unconservative positions Donald & Co were taking, he was useless. And he keeps getting worse. If he ever had a moral compass, he sure doesn't anymore.

Hugh wanted the GOP to dump Trump over the Curiel matter. Funny how he doesn't bring that up anymore. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hugh-hew ... 9a28ac00ef

Sterngard Friegen

Hewitt teaches at the joke of a law school Ronald (McDonald) Rotunda was at. Unlike Rotunda, who incredibly had an endowed chair, Hewitt is merely a Professor.

Since Hewitt is a partisan and, essentially, an idiot, I doubt his students have learned anything from him. Except how to be idiots.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Hewitt is the host of a nationally-syndicated radio show, heard in more than 120 cities across the United States every weekday afternoon and which has an audience estimated at more than 2 million listeners every week. Hewitt also writes daily for his blog, HughHewitt.com, which is among the most visited political and law blogs in the United States. He is also a weekly columnist for The Washington Examiner and Townhall.com. In a 2006 profile of Hewitt for The New Yorker, the dean of the Columbia University School of Journalism told his readers that Hewitt was “the most influential conservative you have never heard of.” Professor Hewitt has been a frequent guest on CNN, Fox News Network and MSNBC, and has written for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and the Los Angeles Times.
If I were still interested in law school, this would put me off this one entirely. Unless I wanted to do car wrecks and such.

tek

Post by tek »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:41 pm
Since Hewitt is a partisan and, essentially, an idiot, I doubt his students have learned anything from him. Except how to be idiots.
To be fair, this is apparently useful knowledge for some career paths.
There's no way back
from there to here

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Orlylicious wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 pm
Hugh Hewitt is a Corsi-in-waiting, he's sickening. He had a show on MSNBC for about a year... other than watching him squirm at the totally unconservative positions Donald & Co were taking, he was useless. And he keeps getting worse. If he ever had a moral compass, he sure doesn't anymore.

Hugh wanted the GOP to dump Trump over the Curiel matter. Funny how he doesn't bring that up anymore. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hugh-hew ... 9a28ac00ef
:yeah: His only concern in that article was that if Trump went on to get the nomination that he would lose. I guess Trump's lack of moral compass or decency is OK as long as he didn't lose the election.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I appreciate the title of one of his "books," given Obama's re-election.

The Brief Against Obama: The Rise, Fall, and Epic Fail of the Hope & Change Presidency (2012)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.justsecurity.org/67076/publ ... t-inquiry/
Public Document Clearinghouse: Ukraine Impeachment Inquiry

Just Security has compiled and curated all publicly available documents in Congress’s impeachment inquiry concerning President Donald Trump in connection with Ukraine. This collection seeks to include significant original source material, including relevant legislation, letters, subpoenas, deposition transcripts, hearing transcripts, executive branch communications, and litigation documents.

Readers may also be interested in Just Security’s Ukraine Timeline and Kate Brannen’s “A Who’s Who of Ukraine Witnesses.”
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

CBS is 1st to announce preempting programming for the hearings. Apparently Fox News is planning a John Wayne movie marathon. :lol: (Kidding about Faux but we'll see how much they cover)

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

How will Trump get any golfing in?

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Broadcast, cable news networks to preempt regular programming for Trump impeachment coverage
BY JOE CONCHA - 11/11/19 08:51 AM EST

ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS on Wednesday will preempt their regularly scheduled programming for live coverage of the House Intelligence Committee's open impeachment hearings of President Trump.

As expected, all of the major cable news networks, including Fox News, MSNBC, CNN and CSPAN will also offer live coverage.

Top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine, William Taylor, on Wednesday is slated as the first to publicly testify regarding possible efforts by Trump administration officials to link U.S. military aid to Ukraine in exchange for investigating top 2020 Democratic contender Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, for business dealings in the country.

Taylor's testimony will be followed by deputy assistant secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs George Kent.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4698 ... -for-trump

Return to “Impeachment”