Donald: Impeachment Watch

AndyinPA

Re: Donald: Impeachment Watch

Post by AndyinPA »

They played a tape of twitler saying that today on Nichole Wallace’s show. Someone in the room taped it and leaked it. A woman (Grisham?) laughed, but most people didn’t.

I’m sure the leaking has worsened his fury.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:17 pm
I’m sure the leaking has worsened his fury.
I certainly hope so. He can be so funny when he gets mad.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He's going into Bunker Mode.

For a smile, go back and read some Hunters Thompson from 1973 up until the resignation, you might even get some insight on how a damaged and sinking Presidency behaves.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
Jim

Post by Jim »

Meh, all Presidents have avoided the press at times. Now if one of them had yelled out "Dead Man Walking", then you'd have a real story. :-D

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:29 pm He's going into Bunker Mode.

For a smile, go back and read some Hunters Thompson from 1973 up until the resignation, you might even get some insight on how a damaged and sinking Presidency behaves.
Nixon drank heavily and argued with portraits of his predecessors. Henry Kissinger had to help him back up to the bedroom. Trump doesn't drink. We'd be better off if he did. That way he would pass out at some point instead of staying up all night having insane rage filled Twitter meltdowns.

much ado

Post by much ado »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:45 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:29 pm He's going into Bunker Mode.

Nixon drank heavily and argued with portraits of his predecessors. Henry Kissinger had to help him back up to the bedroom. Trump doesn't drink. We'd be better off if he did. That way he would pass out at some point instead of staying up all night having insane rage filled Twitter meltdowns.
Yeah, but the rage filled tweets give us an excellent idea of what's really bugging him.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

No, I like the insane rage filled Twitter meltdowns.

Those are helpful for elevating his blood pressure. :mrgreen:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:49 pm No, I like the insane rage filled Twitter meltdowns.

I wonder how high it can go :twisted:

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

CNN is starting an 11pm Impeachment Wrap up... this is how Nightline started during the Gulf War.

And HRC:
Hillary Clinton calls Trump a ‘clear and present danger’ to U.S.
“Given the latest revelation, which is such a blatant effort to use his presidential position to advance his personal and political interests, there should be an impeachment inquiry opened,” former secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Thursday.
By ABBEY MARSHALL 09/26/2019 05:51 PM EDT

Hillary Clinton is calling President Donald Trump a “clear and present danger” to the U.S. amid the latest scandal engulfing his administration, and says that her defeat in the 2016 presidential election was like “losing to a corrupt human tornado." In an interview with Jane Pauley that will air this weekend on “CBS Sunday Morning,” Clinton gave her assessment of Trump when asked whether it was now harder for a woman to be elected president. “Well, I hope not, and I don’t think so — because the objective is to field whoever is the strongest candidate to defeat Donald Trump,” she said in an excerpt released on Thursday. “Because Donald Trump right now poses a direct threat, a clear and present danger to the institutions of our government, to the rule of law, to our standing in the world.”

Clinton said she supported impeachment proceedings against the president because of what has come to light this week from a whistleblower’s complaint about a call Trump had with President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine. During that conversation in late July, Trump sought Zelensky’s help in getting dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading candidate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

“My view is that, given the latest revelation, which is such a blatant effort to use his presidential position to advance his personal and political interests, there should be an impeachment inquiry opened,” Clinton told Pauley in the interview, which took place on Tuesday just hours before Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House was launching formal impeachment proceedings.
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/09/2 ... ger-003583

KellyAnne is lying on Faux News with Martha McCallum right now and threatening the whistleblower and White House staff. KellyAnne's eyes are glassy and crazy. Martha is asking slightly newsy questions for a change. Chris Matthews has Kamala on.

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Somerset wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:00 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:49 pm No, I like the insane rage filled Twitter meltdowns.

I wonder how high it can go :twisted:
Not very. Remember, he's been certified as the healthiest president ever.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jim wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:32 pm Meh, all Presidents have avoided the press at times. Now if one of them had yelled out "Dead Man Walking", then you'd have a real story. :-D
How many presidents have avoided the press while under an impeachment cloud?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I hope the guy with the football is in a secure place and Trump doesn't launch nuclear strikes on the east and west coasts.

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

I’m not going to start another impeachment thread, but we need a way to vote on who the whistleblower is. I’m picking the lawn mower kid.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Orlylicious wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 pm CNN is starting an 11pm Impeachment Wrap up... this is how Nightline started during the Gulf War.
No, the Iran Hostage Crisis "America Held Hostage Day XXX" I remember it because it was why I was allowed to start staying up late in school nights, I was 14 years old.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

lawnmower.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Oops, of course you're right Gregg, sorry about that! :oops:

PS: Faux News update: They just had Gumby on, Martha is trying her darndest but so far all strikes, they can't even spin this. Good.

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
Somerset

Post by Somerset »

FB1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I have a twisted solution as to who the whistleblower is - Kelly Conway. It would explain why she and George can stay together.

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo, Somerset!!!!!!!! :clap:

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Did the NYT really put the whistleblower as I’m seeing discussed on Twitter?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm I have a twisted solution as to who the whistleblower is - Kelly Conway. It would explain why she and George can stay together.
I've always thought they were a team and that at some point they'd blow up the White House (figuratively speaking). I think George wrote the New York Times editorial for KellyAnne as the White House staffer who was leaking observations of what was going on in the White House. And Trump trusts KellyAnne implicitly. Why? Because "only the best people . . ."

If George and KellyAnne are going to do it, the time is pretty soon. (Catch Trump and his enablers covering up a few more times and then blow some more whistles.)

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

That was awesome Somerset!

Chris Ruddy is a wonderful friend to Donald, just great. :lol: I'm more entertained by Hannity and Breitbart ATM. Breitbart reprinting... the AP?!:
Newsmax CEO Ruddy: Trump WH Not Prepared for Impeachment Battle Against ‘Smartest Person’ in DC: Pelosi :o
The Associated Press TONY LEE 26 Sep 2019

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy on Thursday praised House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) as the “smartest person in Washington” and said President Donald Trump’s White House is not prepared to face the House’s impeachment inquiry. Appearing on NPR’s “All Things Considered,” Ruddy said he thinks “there are people around the president that believe this is going to be helpful for his re-election, or it will backfire on the Democrats. I think that’s a very risky belief,” he said.

Ruddy, who often speaks to Trump and said he spoke to the president yesterday, said the impeachment inquiry “casts a huge shadow over the White House” and added that he is not sure “this White House is prepared for it.” “It doesn’t have the communications staff or the response that’s going to be necessary for an impeachment ordeal,” Ruddy said, pointing out that Trump will have six different committees firing guns at him. “It’s not a good situation.”

Ruddy on Wednesday also told the Washington Post that Trump’s advisers who think impeachment will help Trump in 2020 are “nuts” because swing voters “don’t like controversy.” “Are they nuts?” Ruddy reportedly asked. “People can’t underestimate the amount of bad advice he gets from people who are not strategic thinkers.”

Ruddy told NPR on Thursday that Trump is seeing “silver linings in dark clouds” because Trump has had 10,000 lawsuits against him in private business over his career. That, Ruddy said, enables Trump to have a “unique ability” to “quarantine in his mind” the impact that an impeachment inquiry could have. It does seem like he’s dismissing it or being dismissive of it. I’m not sure he completely understands the implications of the impeachment inquiry,” Ruddy said. “I think Nancy Pelosi is the smartest person in Washington right now, and I think she didn’t pull the trigger on this without knowing that she had more ammunition in her gun. And so, I think this is just the beginning.”

He insisted that the “can has been opened and now we have have to see if there is good soup inside or worms,” adding that Democrats, because of “expedited subpoena power,” will be digging for stuff that is “not going to be glowing or positive about the president.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... dc-pelosi/

Madness. And bonus points for NUTS! :P

Return to “Impeachment”