Donald: Impeachment Watch

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Donald: Impeachment Watch

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Today Speaker Pelosi is meeting first with committee chairman, then with the full Democratic caucus. More and more congressional Democrats are agreeing with impeachment -- John Lewis added his substantial and influental voice.

Pelosi is making a statement today. Joe Biden is also making a statement, preview is he'll call on Donald to release the transcript, and to comply with congressional legal requests they've been stonewalling.
Representative John Lewis Says It's Time to Begin Impeachment Proceedings

C-SPAN 356K subscribers
Georgia Democratic Representative John Lewis takes to the House floor to call for the beginning of impeachment proceedings against President Trump in the wake of a whistleblower complaint about the president's July 25 phone call with his Ukrainian counterpart, in which he reportedly pressured him to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Volkonski

Re: Donald: Impeachment Watch

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:19 pm

:bar: :happyfamily:

(in case anyone is wondering, this is exactly how I picture a Fogbow meet-up.)

ImageImageImage x4

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:43 pm

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:05 pm

This is a delightful OpEd from Market Watch. I won't hold my breath, but it made me smile.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-tr ... latestnews
Opinion: As Trump’s dam cracks, Democrats need to prepare for the transition now

ImageImageImage x4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:05 pm

And nary a word from any republican. Not even Ben Sasse.

Interesting read

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:08 pm

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 pm

So, apparently Trump is going to release the transcript of one call tomorrow. That is NOT enough. The law requires the whistle blower's complaint to be delivered to a congressional committee. This is fucking bullshit, and this is what has bothered me about the press concentrating on a phone call. If reports are correct, the complaint involves a series of actions by DOTUS, not a single phone call. And we wouldn't get the transcript from a trusted source anyway.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Margaret Talev, Alayna Treene updated 11 mins ago
Inside Pelosi’s impeachment thinking

Speaker Nancy Pelosi could give her support to an impeachment inquiry against President Trump after meetings with House Democrats this afternoon, though it's unclear whether she'll say so publicly, Democratic congressional aides tell Axios.

Behind the scenes: Pelosi has told friends that impeachment now feels unavoidable, according to someone who discussed it with her last night. She hates the politics of it, but has succumbed to the inevitability, the source says. She's scheduled to make a statement at 5 pm Eastern. Here's where it stands as she heads into meetings with House committee chairs and the Democratic Caucus:

On the merits, Pelosi now sees a potential necessity for impeachment even if she dislikes the political impact it could have. One key factor driving Pelosi's thinking is that the White House so far has refused to turn over the whistleblower's complaint about Trump's actions — something it is required by law to do. That's the argument Joe Biden will make this afternoon, per his campaign: that the White House's refusal to uphold the law would be a tipping point, regardless of the contents of his July 25 call with the Ukranian president. Pelosi is letting freshman members count the votes within their caucus, which enables them to be responsible for their own fates and insulates Pelosi from later blame. It also gives her room to create space for any vulnerable Democrats who aren't on board with impeachment — assuming they get past the necessary 218 votes needed to initiate formal proceedings. As of today, 154 members of the caucus support impeachment, and that number is rapidly growing.

Several members, including Rep. John Lewis, one of the most influential members to resist endorsing impeachment, announced on Tuesday that they support impeachment proceedings against Trump. Lewis' endorsement will likely open the floodgates for other progressive members and those within the Congressional Black Caucus to join him. Several members have told Axios that Lewis would not publicly support impeachment if Pelosi had advised against it. Worth noting: This is the last week the House is in session before recessing for two weeks. That could slow down the momentum for impeachment.

The bottom line: The White House still has a potential way to halt the escalating momentum for impeachment: turn over the whistleblower report. If the White House refuses to turn over the report to Congress by Thursday, when acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire appears before the House Intelligence committee, than Democrats will likely feel forced to move ahead with an impeachment inquiry. But if the White House turns over, it could potentially give Democratic leaders an exit ramp.
https://www.axios.com/inside-nancy-pelo ... 707ca.html

This is where all of Lawless Donald and his integrity-less team's lying and cheating catches up to them How will we know the transcript isn't doctored? Ukraine needs the aid, will they be strong enough to stand up for the truth? Tough choices all over.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 pm

We don't need to see his transcript of the conversation, we need to see the whistleblower's original complaint. Jerk.
Edit: RVInit already said this.
Edit: The press are so stupid in their handling of this, they are almost complicit.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Looks like a VERY well co-ordinated "Whole Party" impeachment push. Hats off to the people behind the scenes orginising this Media rollout. And Briliantly, Trump is stuck in the UN and cant get back to the Whitehouse to privately scream, so he has his staff firing off shitty tweets, while looking more red in front of the cameras he normally loves but now cant get away from.

Never bet against Nancy.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Off Topic
much ado wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 pm
Edit: The press are so stupid in their handling of this, they are almost complicit.
Oh they are complicit. 100%. Whether is sheer laziness, habit, the clicks they get from showing Trump or sheer evil, they are. The reasons dont really matter anymore. Its pouring sheer poison into the United States of America, and it needs to be stopped before your country can even begin to heal.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Wow. Brave whistleblower.
Adam Schiff Verified account @RepAdamSchiff

We have been informed by the whistleblower’s counsel that their client would like to speak to our committee and has requested guidance from the Acting DNI as to how to do so.

We‘re in touch with counsel and look forward to the whistleblower’s testimony as soon as this week.

11:29 AM - 24 Sep 2019

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:54 pm

I wonder if Trump will try to order the whistleblower not to testify? :think:

Sluffy1

Post by Sluffy1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:56 pm

It will be interesting to learn what "The Promise" concerned... or if it is in this "complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation"

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:04 pm

much ado wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:54 pm
do you really have to ask?

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:08 pm

much ado wrote:
Whatever they heard is certainly classified at a very high level. They can't talk without permission. That decision ultimately rests with POTUS, aka the declassifier-in-chief.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 pm

much ado wrote:
He would need to know who it was/is. Unless he issues a blanket prohibition, either would be damning.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:19 pm

:like:
Suranis wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Never bet against Nancy.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Tim Ryan
@ByTimRyan
·
20m
House Judiciary Chair Jerry Nadler and House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff just walked into Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's office

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:50 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 pm
much ado wrote:
He would need to know who it was/is. Unless he issues a blanket prohibition, either would be damning.
You think Bill Barr hasn't told him who it is and forwarded the complaint? Or maybe just did it all orally?

I heard on MSNBC the other day (and this is common sense) that the DNI has a General Counsel. But it appears the DNI (acting) went straight to DOJ where this went to the black box that is the OLC and voila! This McGuire character is interesting. I saw the IG for the NSA on tee vee and he said (a) this is all BS and McGuire should've turned the complaint over and (b) he's seen this before with career military; when they retire they forget they have their highest duty to the Constitution and not the President*. I think that's right.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:07 pm

She will inform her members at 4 PM. So no longer a matter for debate.

Return to “Impeachment”