Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Abuse of Power; Whistleblower(s)

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower(s)

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:14 pm

RVInit wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:35 pm
Given that all these witnesses can identify specific people in the administration who clearly have direct evidence but are refusing to testify, is it possible that if/when it gets to the Senate, those individuals can be subpoenaed and then directed to testify by the Chief Justice?
Highly unlikely. Experienced prosecutors (and, hell, it's taught in law school, too!) know you prepare before calling witnesses by interviewing them or taking their depositions so there are no surprises at trial. Trial is generally not by surprise or ambush. It is more likely to happen in criminal proceedings, but even there it is not likely these days.

So I wouldn't expect any surprise witnesses. Unless Trump decides to testify and set us all straight. Now THAT would be something.

But it's not going to happen.

RVInit

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower(s)

Post by RVInit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks for the response. :bighug:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

much ado

Post by much ado » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:17 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 pm
:snippity:

Unclear if this means Mark Sandy has come to his senses and agreed to testify instead of going down with the rat infested ship.
My money's on 'has come to his senses'. I hope this is the beginning of a trend. I will love Trump's shrill screams.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 pm

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:20 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:01 pm
AndyinPA wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:47 pm
George Conway is one of the talking heads on MSNBC during the impeachment hearings. :|
I find this stunning! Prequel to the "Anonymous" book tour?
Kelly Anne and George are an enduring mystery.
Kyle Griffith.
George Conway: "It's the ultimate impeachable offense. If you were going to make up a set of facts that was as bad as you could get, this would be it ... a president breaching his duties to the nation." @MSNBC

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:39 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 pm
Oh, I'm sure that most of the lawyers here on Fogbow, at one point or another during their careers, have sued an imaginary internet cow for hurting somebody's feelings. Happens every day, y'know. Those damned imaginary internet cows can be really mean sometimes.

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:42 pm

CNN - Chris Cillizza: The most important moments of the first day of public impeachment hearings
Mother Jones: Bombshell Testimony: Trump Asked Sondland About Ukrainian “Investigations”
The Hill: Democrats schedule two additional closed-door witness depositions ...

According to an official working on impeachment, David Holmes, who worked at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, is expected to testify in closed session on Friday. Mark Sandy, an official at the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB), is expected to testify privately on Saturday.

Their attendance however is not guaranteed. The committees have noticed depositions with administration officials who ultimately defied subpoenas seeking their testimony, citing White House orders blocking their appearances.
Business Insider: GOP lawyer's confusing questioning during the Trump impeachment hearing sent the internet into a tizzy
Law & Crime: ‘Trainwreck’ for Republicans: Lawyers Criticize House GOP Attorney’s Performance at Impeachment Hearings

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Why is Sondland willing to fall on his sword go to prison for trump? Gordo’s able attorney must be tearing his hair out. When Sondland testifies next week, Luskin will have force fed him one of those Magical Memory Recovery Potions of which Republicans are so fond.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:39 am
Why the FUCK is Adam Schiff examining Ambassador Taylor? Turn it over to Daniel Goldman, the fucking professional! Schiff is a pathetic 5 or 6 as a questioner. Goldman is a fucking 10.

Schiff just couldn't avoid sunning himself before a national TV audience.

I'm pissed.
One of the articles posted this morning said Goldman would do the bulk of the questioning and congresspeople would be limited.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:52 pm

I've been watching. I thought Gym Jordan spoke and acted the fool (but great for Fox News!). Apparently, others thought so:

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Gawd, I hate Jordan (speaking now).

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Jordan: (as part of his rant) We'll never get to see the whistleblower, the person who started this all, raise his right hand and testify.

Rep. Peter Welch (D): We'd be happy to have the person who started this all come in and testify. President trump is welcome to come in (gesturing toward the witness table) and testify at any time.

Crowd: Chuckles.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Oh, I'm sure that most of the lawyers here on Fogbow, at one point or another during their careers, have sued an imaginary internet cow for hurting somebody's feelings. Happens every day, y'know. Those damned imaginary internet cows can be really mean sometimes.
Last time I sued an imaginary internet cow on behalf of a client, the cow successfully mooved for dismissal. :oops: :oops:

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Welch is good at this plain-speaking stuff.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:38 pm

CBS News: Diplomat says aide heard Trump ask about "investigations" day after Ukraine call — live updates
CNN: Trump impeachment hearings today will echo through the ages
Law & Crime: ‘Compelling, Credible, and Devastating’: Bill Taylor’s Public Testimony Adds New Detail About Trump
Salon - Amanda Marcotte: First day of impeachment hearings: Once again, all roads lead to Putin

Day One of hearings makes clear how much Trump's actions in Ukraine benefited Putin's designs on that country
The Atlantic: The System Was Blinking Red

The first day of impeachment hearings showed Trump’s improper bullying of Ukraine setting off alarms throughout the government.
HuffPo: Trump Impeachment Hearings Kick Off With Testimony On Giuliani ‘Infecting’ Foreign Policy

At the first public hearings in the impeachment inquiry, State Department officials say Rudy Giuliani’s foreign policy backchannel “undercut” U.S. policy on Ukraine.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Just as Trump is the hobo's idea of a billionaire, Gym Jordan is the pro se sovereign citizen chronic litigant's idea of a lawyer.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:00 pm

SLQ wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 pm
Do you remember the last congressman who walked around all the time without his jacket on? The closest he came was to hang it over his shoulder and hold onto the collar of it? He didn't make it to the next election after he became well known.
► Show Spoiler

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:00 pm
SLQ wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 pm
Do you remember the last congressman who walked around all the time without his jacket on? The closest he came was to hang it over his shoulder and hold onto the collar of it? He didn't make it to the next election after he became well known.
► Show Spoiler
My former congressman when I lived in california. I remember at the time he wrote a letter to all his constituents where every paragraph was no more than 4 sentences and no words larger than 2 syllables. It looked like it was written by someone in the 6th grade. Talking about how cooperative he had been with the local media and he had nothing to hide.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 pm

► Show Spoiler
Has any GOP member explained why — if as Jim Jordan says Ukraine is “one of the three most corrupt countries on the planet” — Trump trusted them to investigate two U.S. citizens for...corruption? 🤔

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:11 pm

The president says both Gregg Jarrett and Mark Levin, of Fox News, have analyzed his call with Zelensky and have found it to be a perfect call.
Case closed, folks.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Fuck. Thats it, I'm voting Donald Trump, folx.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Off Topic
I saw an advertisement for Fox News on MSNBC. I haven’t watched teevee in a very long time, so I don’t know... is this normal? Does NBC advertise on Fox?

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Stripes
Navy says it never got a Trump order to stop patrols in Black Sea

STUTTGART, Germany — The Navy said it never received an order to halt warship maneuvers in the Black Sea earlier this year, despite testimony in a congressional impeachment hearing that President Donald Trump asked for the cancellation after he heard about it on television. ...

The question about a disruption in the Navy’s mission emerged during Congress’ impeachment inquiry into whether Trump withheld military support for Ukraine to pressure Kyiv into launching an investigation into political rival Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.

Christopher Anderson, a U.S. foreign service officer who served as a special adviser on Ukraine until July, told the House’s select committee on intelligence that Trump was upset in January about a CNN report on a Navy patrol in the Black Sea.

He told then-national security adviser John Bolton to end the mission, according to Anderson’s testimony released by lawmakers on Monday. ...

Anderson said patrols in the Black Sea were part of a broader effort to foster a stronger response to Russia after the clash at the Kerch Strait.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:06 pm

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

Return to “Impeachment”