EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE Change Password thread please. (that's a link)
If we really have compromised passwords, I need to know so I can take action.
As always, you can dismiss this message by clicking the little X (hover your mouse over the far right).

Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Abuse of Power; Whistleblower(s)

RTH10260

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower

Post by RTH10260 »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:57 am [spoil]
Dan1100 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:58 pm
much ado wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:49 pm

That server is going to be the Watergate tapes for Trump. A complete record of everything he wanted to hide. I wonder how long it will be before some top-level security person is given the task of identifying everything put there by the White House that is not of genuine National Security interest.
:yeah:

Maybe not a security person. Maybe a special master with a top level clearance under the supervision of a federal judge.
[/spoil]

I wonder if the translators note from the Putin meeting are there.
;) Like minds :-D

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies.

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower

Post by SuzieC »

That's exactly what I'm wondering. What's in those notes? Trump offering to burn US intelligence assets in exchange for continued Russian funding?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:03 am [spoil]
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:48 am
Maybenaut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:26 am About the Huffington post thing, I think they could’ve been more precise in their language, but their broader point is dead on. For a guy who wanted to send Hillary Clinton to jail over her emails, it is ironic that he was storing documents in places they were not supposed to be stored in order to conceal them. Just like he said she was doing. #buthisphonecalls
That's why I brought it up as a coverup. Which may be a distraction, but as a layperson I find it to be indicative of not the best intent.
[/spoil]

If the Democrats learned anything from the Mueller investigation it is that they need to move quickly. Yeah, they should look at the servers. But, as FRP says, they shouldn’t get bogged down in issues of misclassification. I think the obvious ones will be, well, obvious. But in the end, it is the president who has final say over what information is or is not of national security interest, and has final classification authority. So the question would be, as it was in a case of this phone call, was this document classified at this level in order to shield it from scrutiny. But they can’t ask that question as it relates to every single document in that server. It would take too long. In the overwhelming majority of documents in that server are undoubtedly properly classified.
Urgent as in keeping up with the fast develping matter. Not urgent in the sense of protecting the traces on the server. There will be no "acid washing" here. There will be transactions logs of who did what and when. I expect all "deleted" aka inactive stuff to be there just in permanently archived corner not accessible any longer except under special order. The great difficulty will be, who will get the approval and secrecy level clearance to view compartemented information, to declassifie snippets and build the whole picture with puzzle pieces.

Addie

Post by Addie »

The Guardian
Trump's whistleblower response is 'witness retaliation', says ex-spy chief

Pressure on Trump mounts as 300 national security officials say president’s actions constitute ‘unconscionable abuse of power’.

James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, has said Donald Trump’s implication that officials involved in the whistleblower complaint should be treated as spies is “witness retaliation”, as more than 300 national security officials signed a letter saying the accusations against Trump amount to an “unconscionable abuse of power”.

Speaking to CNN, Clapper said of Trump’s statement: “At a minimum, it is witness retaliation.”

“It actually conflicts with the spirit of the intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, because one of the purposes is to insulate complainants from retaliation,” Clapper said. “Clearly, this is retaliation threatened in the worst way.”

Addie

Post by Addie »

Politico - (March 5, 2019) Thanks, Tex
House Intel hires former Russian mob prosecutor to lead Trump probes

The House Intelligence Committee has hired a seasoned former Southern District of New York federal prosecutor with experience going after Russian organized crime to lead its myriad investigations into President Donald Trump.

Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) announced on Tuesday that Daniel Goldman joined the committee last month as senior adviser and director of investigations. Goldman, who was second-in-command at SDNY’s organized crime unit, has prosecuted the Russian mob and has secured convictions for racketeering, murder and money laundering, including against the Genovese crime family.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting

The State Press
McCain Institute head Kurt Volker steps down as US diplomat

Volker's resignation comes amid reports that he was involved in the Trump-Ukraine investigation

Executive Director of the McCain Institute Kurt Volker resigned from his position as the U.S. Special Envoy for Ukraine Friday, following reports he collaborated with Ukraine and President Donald Trump.

An ASU official confirmed Volker's resignation Friday, and said the University could not speak about his future at ASU because the University does not comment on personnel matters.

Volker met with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Friday to announce he would be resigning, the official said.

Volker’s name was mentioned in the recent whistleblower complaint, which has sparked an impeachment inquiry for Trump. Trump has defended his actions, including a phone call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky where Trump requested dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

No linky yet, but CNN is reporting there are at least two more phone calls in *the vault*, one from Putin and one from Saudi Crown Prince around the time of Kashogghi (sp?) murder.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Getting good...unfortunately for the country. :(

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:14 pm No linky yet, but CNN is reporting there are at least two more phone calls in *the vault*, one from Putin and one from Saudi Crown Prince around the time of Kashogghi (sp?) murder.
It would be too awesome if this took down Prince Bonesaw too.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dan1100 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:18 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:14 pm No linky yet, but CNN is reporting there are at least two more phone calls in *the vault*, one from Putin and one from Saudi Crown Prince around the time of Kashogghi (sp?) murder.
:dance: :thumbs:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Of course.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

The transcript of Trump and MBS is probably a hoot.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:28 pm
Dan1100 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:18 pm
:dance: :thumbs:

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/statu ... 0435405824

Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo
Trump told Russian officials in 2017 he wasn’t concerned about Moscow’s interference in U.S. election

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the previous day had relieved “great pressure” on him.

A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to all but a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president’s comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Addie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:31 pm Politico

The House Intelligence Committee has hired a seasoned former Southern District of New York federal prosecutor with experience going after Russian organized crime to lead its myriad investigations into President Donald Trump.

Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) announced on Tuesday that Daniel Goldman joined the committee last month as senior adviser and director of investigations. Goldman, who was second-in-command at SDNY’s organized crime unit, has prosecuted the Russian mob and has secured convictions for racketeering, murder and money laundering, including against the Genovese crime family.
This article is from March 5, 2019. I've been mentioning Goldman consistently for the last week, but the threads just seem to fly by....

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Addie

Post by Addie »

CBS News
Volker schedules depositions with the House

U.S. Special Envoy for Ukraine Kurt Volker resigned from his position Friday after his name appeared in the whistleblower complaint that precipitated the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry into President Trump, CBS News confirms, according to two sources familiar with his decision.

The complaint alleges that Volker went to Kiev in late July and met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian political figures and "reportedly provided advice to the Ukrainian leadership about how to 'navigate' the demands that the President had made of Mr. Zelenskyy."

Three House committees have scheduled a deposition with Volker regarding the whistleblower complaint.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Thanks, I've corrected the post.
TexasFilly wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 pm
Addie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:31 pm Politico
This article is from March 5, 2019. I've been mentioning Goldman consistently for the last week, but the threads just seem to fly by....

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ruuudyyy just got Mike Pompeo supoenad as part of the impeachement investigation. They want everything Ukraine related becasue Rudy has been showing off state dept texts and trying to say what he was doing was peachy with the state dept. I think President Pelosi should hand his mouth the medal of honour when this is all over. :twisted: :mrgreen:

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09/27 ... a.html/amp

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Suranis wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:16 pm Ruuudyyy just got Mike Pompeo supoenad as part of the impeachement investigation. They want everything Ukraine related becasue Rudy has been showing off state dept texts and trying to say what he was doing was peachy with the state dept. I think President Pelosi should hand his mouth the medal of honour when this is all over. :twisted: :mrgreen:

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09/27 ... a.html/amp
Suranis, you have such a way with words. :thumbs:

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Well, those text messages looked an awful lot like the State Dept was full on board with Rudy's activities. Fun times are coming.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

CNN is reporting that John Bolton was in the room for the call with MBS where it is likely Kashoggi's murder was discussed. If I remember correctly, John Bolton made some remark that at some point he would be talking.

The biggest news I want to hear is an announcement that John Bolton will be questioned in a public hearing that will last ALL. DAY. LONG. :waiting: :knitting: :prettyplease:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Does anyone remember when the now former Trump lawyers were caught talking too loudly in a restaurant? Dowd and Cobb I think? Wasn't there something said about McGhan and something kept in a safe?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:42 pm Does anyone remember when the now former Trump lawyers were caught talking too loudly in a restaurant? Dowd and Cobb I think? Wasn't there something said about McGhan and something kept in a safe?
From WaPo:
Mr. Cobb was heard talking about a White House lawyer he deemed “a McGahn spy” and saying Mr. McGahn had “a couple documents locked in a safe” that he seemed to suggest he wanted access to. He also mentioned a colleague whom he blamed for “some of these earlier leaks,” and who he said “tried to push Jared out …”

The White House Counsel’s Office is being very conservative with this stuff,” Mr. Cobb told Mr. Dowd. “Our view is we’re not hiding anything.” Referring to Mr. McGahn, he added, “He’s got a couple documents locked in a safe.”

… Mr. Cobb also discussed the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting — and the White House’s response to it — saying that “there was no perception that there was an exchange.”

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks Pip, damn you're good at hunting that down.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:51 pm Thanks Pip, damn you're good at hunting that down.
Dowd Cobb restaurant. :)

Return to “Impeachment”