Scott Pruitt

Gregg

Re: Scott Pruitt

Post by Gregg »

My understanding is that you do not need to be re-confirmed for another cabinet position.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

bob

Post by bob »

Gregg wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 pm
My understanding is that you do not need to be re-confirmed for another cabinet position.
Your understanding is incorrect. (See Elizabeth Dole; Leon Panetta.)

Different oversight committees, so new confirmation hearings.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

That's nice to know!
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:27 pm
Gregg wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 pm
Your understanding is incorrect. (See Elizabeth Dole; Leon Panetta.)

Different oversight committees, so new confirmation hearings.

So, how about... My understanding is that you do not need to be re-confirmed for another cabinet position, sometimes?

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Imprisoned in my car today, AM Radio had more airtime than usual. Both the local and national propagandists mentioned that "Pruitt, I don't like the guy either, should have been gone long time ago"--4 hours apart, impromptu personal Soto Voce comment, yet the same, word for word. Make what you will of that.
Secondly,
:brickwallsmall: What?? Put this sociopath as USAG?
The Mercury Project

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The EPA's response to my story: “EPA will not be commenting on anonymous sources who are working to distract Americans from the Trump Administration’s accomplishments on regulatory certainty and environmental stewardship.” Attributed to "EPA spokesman."

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Pruitt ally decides which of his records see the light of day
By ANTHONY ADRAGNA and EMILY HOLDEN 07/03/2018 01:49 PM EDT

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt placed a former political fundraising ally in charge of an office that has been slow to release his most sensitive documents — including details about his meetings with industry lobbyists and taxpayer-funded travels across the U.S. and Europe.

The role played by Elizabeth Beacham White, the former treasurer of Pruitt’s political action committee, adds to questions about the EPA leader’s pervasive habit of mixing his political, personal and official interests while leading the $8 billion agency. White, who touts an extensive career in the GOP fundraising world, joined EPA in September as director of its Office of the Executive Secretariat, which handles Freedom of Information Act requests for Pruitt’s office.

POLITICO learned of White’s hiring for the EPA job while reviewing internal emails obtained by the Sierra Club under a public records lawsuit.

As POLITICO has previously reported, the EPA administrator’s office has clamped down on requests for Pruitt’s calendars and communications, by instituting an extra layer of reviews beyond what the agency previously required. Pruitt’s office has had the slowest response rate of any section of the agency, far exceeding legal deadlines and prompting a massive surge in court challenges.

In her position, White is now the top official in charge of how the agency processes requests for records about Pruitt. Many of those documents, which environmental and watchdog groups have obtained in court, have shown Pruitt’s tight relationship with some of the same former donors and industry groups that supported him during his career as a politically ambitious Oklahoma attorney general.

Public records advocates called White’s EPA role a glaring conflict of interest.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/ ... ses-667031

bob

Post by bob »

Slate: Scott Pruitt Cuts Out Middle Man, Reportedly Asks Trump Directly for Sessions’ Job as Attorney General:
We may have—finally—arrived at peak Scott Pruitt. The EPA administrator, who is already well known for flouting any semblance of ethical behavior in his quest for perks and quid pro quos, had the audacity to pitch himself as a suitable replacement for permanent resident in the Trump doghouse, Attorney General Jeff Sessions. That’s according to CNN’s reporting, which cites three sources saying Pruitt cut out the middle man and appealed directly to Trump himself to swap his job for the top job at the Department of Justice.

There are, of course, a number of problems/absurdities with this hypothetical switcheroo. One of which is the Senate, namely Republicans on the Judiciary Committee, have taken a hard line with the Trump administration on Sessions’ job security. If Sessions goes, don’t expect a new nominee to get confirmed, the stated threat goes. To skirt this teensy weensy problem, good old resourceful Scott Pruitt suggested, selflessly, that he would take Sessions job temporarily under Federal Vacancies Reform Act, which would allow him to take the the AG role for up to 210 days without needing to be confirmed. At that point, like a good public servant, he would step aside and go back to Oklahoma to run for office (and definitely not cash in as a lobbyist). That was reportedly the offer.

The Trump team, CNN’s sources say, considered the offer, but turned it down.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Scott Pruitt is not a lawyer, right? So he was offering his services as Mueller fixer?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

bob

Post by bob »

SLQ wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:39 pm
Scott Pruitt is not a lawyer, right? So he was offering his services as Mueller fixer?
Before politics, Pruitt worked for a few years as a lawyer defending Christians. But, yeah, he was offering to fix.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Pruitt was also Attorney General of Oklahoma. So he has experience!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Finally....
EPA leader Scott Pruitt resigns after numerous scandals
Tom DiChristopher | @tdichristopher
CNBC.com

Scott Pruitt's polarizing tenure as head of the Environmental Protection Agency has come to an end.

President Donald Trump tweeted on Thursday that he has accepted Pruitt's resignation. Trump said that the agency's deputy administrator, Andrew Wheeler, will become the acting head of EPA.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this. The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will...
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
...on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA. I have no doubt that Andy will continue on with our great and lasting EPA agenda. We have made tremendous progress and the future of the EPA is very bright!

9:37 PM - Jul 5, 2018
The departure follows months of scrutiny that gathered momentum following reports that Pruitt had rented a Capitol Hill condominium linked to an energy lobbyist on favorable terms. The revelation exacerbated concerns about the high cost of Pruitt's travel and security detail and triggered a flood of allegations that Pruitt fostered a culture of workplace retaliation, wasteful spending and self-dealing at EPA.

The steady flow of negative news stories prompted multiple government investigators to open several inquiries into Pruitt. His EPA now faces about a dozen probes into its spending, ethics and policy decisions.

"It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it as a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also because of the transformative work that is occurring," Pruitt said in his resignation letter posted by Fox News.

"However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/08/trump-s ... chief.html

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Well oiled machine....
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I love the comments from other websites.

One poster called dibs on the phone booth.

Another poster pointed out that Pruitt's tenure was 50.4 Scaramucci's.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Considering management theory and how to evaluate a guy by the deputies he choses, I have some doubt about Pruitts deity being in charge of US presidency.

much ado

Post by much ado »

Pruitt resignation letter: :puker:

But glad he is gone. It may be difficult (but not impossible) to find someone worse.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Will Pruitts phone booth now show up on Craigslist as superfluos government article? Can is be repurposed as a TARDIS :?:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Gone. Good.

:bigvomit:

Unfortunately, probably not really gone, but I'll settle for this for now.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Two weeks on Lake Ozark and he'll be on K street earning a million a year. And Wifey will finally get the Chic Fil A franschise in the lobby of the Trump International Hotel.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

I give odds that the next head of the EPA will be Don Blankenship, who just lost the West Virginia primary for US Senator.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A popular Washington DC restaurant is offering cheap alcoholic drinks to celebrate the resignation of EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, including a new cocktail called “Pruitt Blew It.”

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Gregg wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:43 pm
Two weeks on Lake Ozark and he'll be on K street earning a million a year. And Wifey will finally get the Chic Fil A franschise in the lobby of the Trump International Hotel.
You are probably right.

(btw, it is "Lake of the Ozarks.")

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

You are probably right that he will get a job on K Street or some other cushy right-wing outlet, but these were serious allegations and transgressions. One might think that someone who hires him would take a really close look. I'm sure he bilked the people of Oklahoma as much as he bilked the people of the USA. He's clearly an experienced grifter, which is why I'm sure he appealed so much to twitler. I'm also sure it was Pence who got him the position, though. twitler was not in a position to know who would be the perfect person at each agency to trash it.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Return to “The Trump Cabinet”