Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

TexasFilly

Re: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

Post by TexasFilly »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:16 pm
Pompeo and Bill Barr are in a real contest for the title of most classless corrupt, mendacious and dishonorable cabinet secretary.
FIFY
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

The New York Times
@nytimes
·
1m
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Mitch McConnell he would not run for Senate from Kansas, his home state, a blow to GOP hopes there
https://t.co/TnPkTTXQz8?amp=1
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

:think:
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

His numbers must be horrible and the intrusiveness of a campaign wouldn't end well for him. Congress is nowhere near done with Big Mike yet. Come on GOP, get behind Kris Kobach and his talent riders**, he'll be great!* This is that NYTimes story:

Mike Pompeo Is Said to Decide Against Running for Senate in Kansas
The secretary of state’s decision most likely ends Republicans’ hopes of securing a potentially dominant candidate for the open seat in Kansas, his home state.
By Maggie Haberman, Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns Jan. 6, 2020 Updated 6:22 p.m. ET

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday told Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, that he does not plan to run for Senate in 2020, most likely ending Republicans’ hopes of securing a potentially dominant candidate for the open seat in his home state of Kansas, according to four people briefed on the meeting. Mr. Pompeo, a former congressman from the Wichita area, has quietly explored a campaign for months. But in the aftermath of the military operation last week that killed Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani of Iran, Mr. Pompeo has told senior party officials that he is ruling out becoming a candidate, according to several people who have spoken with him directly. Mr. Pompeo still has time to change his mind. The filing deadline for the primary is not until June. However, administration officials who have spoken with him in recent days said he seemed adamant about not entering the race.

Without Mr. Pompeo in the race, Republicans face an unsettled primary that includes at least one candidate, Kris Kobach, whom party leaders fear could imperil their hold on a crucial open Senate seat. Mr. Kobach, who ran unsuccessfully for governor in 2018, is popular with hard-right primary voters but widely disliked among moderate and independent voters in Kansas. Several other candidates are competing for the Republican nomination, including Representative Roger Marshall. National Democrats have rallied behind Barbara Bollier, a state senator who left the G.O.P. to become a Democrat a little more than a year ago, as their preferred candidate.

Mr. Pompeo’s decision is a setback for Republicans working to retain their Senate majority in the November elections. Mr. McConnell aggressively courted him for months, and also deployed a number of his lieutenants to make the case that the secretary of state should return to Kansas, which he represented in the House until he joined the Trump administration. Republicans hold a relatively narrow, 53-seat majority in the Senate, and they appear to be on defense in nearly all of the competitive races this year, including in blue states such as Colorado and Maine and Republican-leaning swing states like North Carolina, Arizona, Georgia and Iowa. Democrats have only one incumbent senator who is clearly vulnerable to defeat, Doug Jones of Alabama.
Even before the Suleimani strike, that impeachment process had emerged as a political complication for Mr. Pompeo, because of his proximity to Mr. Trump’s efforts to spur the Ukrainian government to investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., and to the internal Trump administration debate about whether to withhold military aid from the Eastern European ally. Still, Republicans held out hope that Mr. Pompeo would return to electoral politics in Kansas, and for months he encouraged that expectation. While the state has not elected a Democrat to the Senate since 1932, Mr. McConnell and other top Republican officials are deeply worried that they could lose the seat should Mr. Kobach, the controversial former Kansas secretary of state, emerge as their nominee. An immigration hard-liner with a history of inflammatory comments, Mr. Kobach lost the governor’s race there last year.
He even appeared to win something of a blessing from Mr. Trump after Mr. McConnell and other congressional Republicans privately emphasized to him the importance of retaining the seat. The fate of the Senate in the 2020 election could determine whether Mr. Trump would be able to accomplish anything in his second term, should he win another four years in office, or whether an incoming Democratic president would be able to enact significant legislation and appoint judges without worrying about a wall of Republican opposition in the upper chamber.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/06/us/p ... ansas.html

* For the Democratic party.

** Kobach recently gave the White House a list of his ten conditions for accepting the position of immigration czar. They are as follows:
1. Office in the West Wing.
2. Walk-in privileges with the president.
3. Assistant to the President rank - at highest pay level for WH senior staff.
4. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
5. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
6. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.
7. Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.
8. Security detail if deemed necessary after security review.
9. Serve as the face of Trump immigration policy - the principal spokesman on television and in the media.
10. Promise that by November 1, 2019, the president will nominate Kris Kobach to be DHS Secretary, unless Kobach wishes to continue in Czar position.

11. Bonus for PatGund: AND A PONY!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Did Kobach get the pony?

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

we Kansans HATE KKKOBACH and we Kansas Dems HATE pompous Pompeo the asshole

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

oh and Roger Marshall is a pansy ass trump ass licker

Addie

Post by Addie »

Law & Crime: ‘Not Just Insane, But Deeply Chilling’ Parnas Docs Spark Calls for Secretary Pompeo’s Resignation

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

❄️ Snowbird 🎄
@Snowbirdsix1000
·
3h
So much warmth in this photo of Pompeo and Putin.
Double hand grasp by Putin and back pat from Pompeo.
Trump Admin always shows such inappropriate affection for America’s greatest adversary.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
NPR's Mary Louise Kelly says the following happened after the interview in which she asked some tough questions to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Well now that backfired in his face magnificently.... :-D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:

He's threatening to tell the world about it? :rotflmao:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Yeah someone got that pig cornered

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Volkonski wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:46 pm
Pompeo picked the wrong person to play ‘stump the dummy’ with a unlabeled map of Europe.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kind of odd attitude considering the whole defence strategy of President Diarrhoea Squirt was betting that people give a fuck about Ukraine.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So, Pompeo is a pompous ass

And another of the White House cabal that hates women.

Why am I not surprised.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Chilidog wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:58 am

Why am I not surprised.
Agreed. And then some. So much more than pompous ass. Abuser, bully, a being that depends on cruelty and dehumanization to get his way. Devoid of rationality or compassion. A monster. Like his boss. Like so many in the Republican party have become.*

*Including my erstwhile moderate Rep, Elise Stefanik, who has overnight become a gibbering monster.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 am
Chilidog wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:58 am

Why am I not surprised.
Agreed. And then some. So much more than pompous ass. Abuser, bully, a being that depends on cruelty and dehumanization to get his way. Devoid of rationality or compassion. A monster. Like his boss. Like so many in the Republican party have become.*
But he's a Christian, and that's what the Sermon on the Mount is all about!
*Including my erstwhile moderate Rep, Elise Stefanik, who has overnight become a gibbering monster.
I don't think she became one overnight. When I read she used her parents' vacation cabin address to claim residence, that told me most of what I wanted to know about her ethics and morals. Recent events have let her true self shine out.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:06 am
p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 am
I don't think she became one overnight. When I read she used her parents' vacation cabin address to claim residence, that told me most of what I wanted to know about her ethics and morals. Recent events have let her true self shine out.
Perhaps. Though I had pretty much the same reaction when Hillary established residency in NY. But Stefanik is a smart woman--we're not talking Martha Blackburn here. She danced a fine line between being a sure vote for anything NRA / anything anti-ACA and voting against the grain on everything else. She called out 45 on immigration and on his vulgarity. Most of all, she did not stand up in front of cameras and gaslight, inventing catch phrases like "secret regime" and shit I can't recall right now, grinning and lying without any thought of addressing the actual issues.

I'm not saying she was a rep I was happy to have before; I'm saying I think she has been swept up in the believe that winning is everything and the better you lie, the more you win. There is nothing left there.

Though she does choose her words carefully and has left herself an out to pretend later on that she opposed 45 on all things--she was just doing her job by pointing out how evil the Dems were. More gaslighting, of course, but she does pick her words.
ImageImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Robbie Gramer
@RobbieGramer
· 9m
Official response from Pompeo about his NPR interview. Haven’t seen anything like this before with a State Department seal on it:

What does Bangladesh have to do with it?

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

He's implying (in a lunatic way) that MLK pointed to Bangladesh on the map, not Ukraine.

The word "pig" comes to mind, but then I love and respect pigs.

I'll stick with my old fave: pond scum.
ImageImageImage

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:like:

That was a cheap shot. So what's new? :sick:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

:doh:
He could have picked a country in the region instead of one on a different continent if he wanted to be believable. :nope:

But it's clear why Drumpf chose him.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:49 am
He's implying (in a lunatic way) that MLK pointed to Bangladesh on the map, not Ukraine.

The word "pig" comes to mind, but then I love and respect pigs.

I'll stick with my old fave: pond scum.
Maybe HE thought she pointed at Ukraine.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “The Trump Cabinet”