Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

p0rtia

Re: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

Post by p0rtia »

The hubris of our current batch of grotesque overlords takes my breath away.

We might as well be a different species.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Well well well.
Trump’s ‘West Point Mafia’ Faces a Loyalty Test
A close cohort from the military academy’s Class of ’86 has risen to astonishing power in the U.S. government. Are they using it for the president, or the nation?
By BRYAN BENDER, WESLEY MORGAN and DANIEL LIPPMAN 11/17/2019 06:56 AM EST

On May 28, 1986, newly commissioned 2nd Lt. Michael Pompeo stood at attention in Michie Stadium at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, first in his class. The career he was about to launch would take him from commanding a tank platoon in Germany to a seat in Congress, and ultimately to the right hand of President Donald Trump as secretary of State.

Also on the field that day was classmate Mark Esper, who this July landed right next to Pompeo in Trump’s Cabinet, confirmed as secretary of Defense. Their West Point classmates Ulrich Brechbuhl and Brian Bulatao also hold senior State Department posts as Pompeo’s top lieutenants, while at the other end of the National Mall, inside the Capitol, classmate Rep. Mark Green of Tennessee has emerged as one of Trump’s leading defenders on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform.

Thanks in part to Trump’s fixation on appointing current and former military officers to key posts, and in part to his tendency to take advice from a small circle of advisers, the West Point class of 1986 has grown into a profoundly influential cohort in American foreign and military policy. In the annals of the military service academies, its rise to the top puts it on a par with the class of 1915, which bred the commanders of World War II and a U.S. president.

The link that brought them into Trumpworld is David Urban, the lobbyist, CNN commentator and Trump confidant—and another member of the West Point class of ‘86—whose support of his fellow cadets helped Pompeo and Esper land their Cabinet posts.

Today, the tight-knit group of graduates—some cheekily refer to themselves as the “West Point Mafia”—constitutes a uniquely powerful circle at the highest levels of government. They consult each other on matters of state and also lean on each other in matters more intimate, in informal dinners and social gatherings around Washington with their spouses. And they have banded together to raise $23 million for a scholarship fund for the children of fallen soldiers, in honor of one of their classmates who was killed on active duty in Afghanistan a decade ago.

Now, the loyalty of all the president’s top advisers is being severely tested as the impeachment inquiry bears down on White House staff and the top rungs of the State Department and the Pentagon. For the West Point Mafia, that loyalty could start to conflict with their alma mater’s honor code, which— as some of their fellow West Point graduates have begun to point out publicly—calls on them to be honest, direct and not evasive, and not to tolerate that behavior in others.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ent-071212

Had no idea about the class of 1986, makes total sense, Donald is clueless. But David Urban? That's a surprise. That's just the beginning, worth a read for sure.
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Manu Raju
@mkraju
·
1h
Pompeo making a statement to the press at State Department at 230pET
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is the 4:15 meeting with DOTUS still on?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

The West Point Mafia topic has been a hot one at Chez Filly.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

The New York Times
@nytimes
·
10m
Breaking News: The Trump administration will stop treating Israel’s West Bank settlements as a violation of international law, a step that may doom peace efforts with Palestinians

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Kendra wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:28 pm
Is the 4:15 meeting with DOTUS still on?

Interesting.

Bill Taylor made an offhand comment last week that he believed some of the documents from the State Dept. would be forthcoming to Congress. There's probably no relationship to today's intrigue, but I noted it.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Volkonski wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:30 pm
The New York Times
@nytimes
·
10m
Breaking News: The Trump administration will stop treating Israel’s West Bank settlements as a violation of international law, a step that may doom peace efforts with Palestinians
So instead of getting out of dodge, Pompeo is just going to double down on Trump? Figures.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Worried his shot at Kansas senate seat fading away?

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Kendra wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:35 pm
Worried his shot at Kansas senate seat fading away?
At this point, I think there's actually a strong possibility that he would outright lose if he ran for that seat. Kansas just elected a Democratic governor, and Pompeo would get squeezed between angry Trumpers who think he hasn't done enough to defend POTUS and pissed off suburban voters who are coming out of the woodwork in states like Kentucky and Louisiana to vote for anyone who isn't a Republican.

An endorsement from Trump for a downticket race is both absolutely necessary and a kiss of death at the same time.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Wants to keep on (the illusory) good side of 45 and Al Qaeda (the base) so that he can run for president in 2024
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:41 am
Wants to keep on (the illusory) good side of 45 and Al Qaeda (the base) so that he can run for president in 2024
Pompeo can't even run a department semi-competently. He sounds like a toxic manager. Good luck with presidentin'. Which is harder than it looks, I've heard.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:41 am
:lol: Pompeo and Nikki Haley will be slugging it out for OSG's thumbs up.

I wonder who BenedictDonald chooses if Jr decides to run. :think:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I don't see him getting very far trying to run for president. Something is going on with his mouth when he talks. It's some combination of being condescending and very thirsty.

fierceredpanda
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

If he thinks he's a viable candidate for President in 2024 among the throngs of adoring Trump fans, he's delusional. The knife fight for primacy between Ivanka, Don Jr., Pence, and Nikki Haley is going to be epic. Pompeo wouldn't stand a chance.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Panch Villlain

Post by Panch Villlain »

Orlylicious wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 pm
Well well well.
Trump’s ‘West Point Mafia’ Faces a Loyalty Test
A close cohort from the military academy’s Class of ’86 has risen to astonishing power in the U.S. government. Are they using it for the president, or the nation?
By BRYAN BENDER, WESLEY MORGAN and DANIEL LIPPMAN 11/17/2019 06:56 AM EST

On May 28, 1986, newly commissioned 2nd Lt. Michael Pompeo stood at attention in Michie Stadium at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, first in his class. The career he was about to launch would take him from commanding a tank platoon in Germany to a seat in Congress, and ultimately to the right hand of President Donald Trump as secretary of State.

Also on the field that day was classmate Mark Esper, who this July landed right next to Pompeo in Trump’s Cabinet, confirmed as secretary of Defense. Their West Point classmates Ulrich Brechbuhl and Brian Bulatao also hold senior State Department posts as Pompeo’s top lieutenants, while at the other end of the National Mall, inside the Capitol, classmate Rep. Mark Green of Tennessee has emerged as one of Trump’s leading defenders on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform.

Thanks in part to Trump’s fixation on appointing current and former military officers to key posts, and in part to his tendency to take advice from a small circle of advisers, the West Point class of 1986 has grown into a profoundly influential cohort in American foreign and military policy. In the annals of the military service academies, its rise to the top puts it on a par with the class of 1915, which bred the commanders of World War II and a U.S. president.

The link that brought them into Trumpworld is David Urban, the lobbyist, CNN commentator and Trump confidant—and another member of the West Point class of ‘86—whose support of his fellow cadets helped Pompeo and Esper land their Cabinet posts.

Today, the tight-knit group of graduates—some cheekily refer to themselves as the “West Point Mafia”—constitutes a uniquely powerful circle at the highest levels of government. They consult each other on matters of state and also lean on each other in matters more intimate, in informal dinners and social gatherings around Washington with their spouses. And they have banded together to raise $23 million for a scholarship fund for the children of fallen soldiers, in honor of one of their classmates who was killed on active duty in Afghanistan a decade ago.

Now, the loyalty of all the president’s top advisers is being severely tested as the impeachment inquiry bears down on White House staff and the top rungs of the State Department and the Pentagon. For the West Point Mafia, that loyalty could start to conflict with their alma mater’s honor code, which— as some of their fellow West Point graduates have begun to point out publicly—calls on them to be honest, direct and not evasive, and not to tolerate that behavior in others.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ent-071212

Had no idea about the class of 1986, makes total sense, Donald is clueless. But David Urban? That's a surprise. That's just the beginning, worth a read for sure.
West Point and the people who graduate there have always been overrated.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just leaving this, no idea if it's true.

At the State Dept. dinner for the Kennedy Center honorees Mike Pompeo wondered aloud when he would be “loved”. Then Linda Ronstadt got up to get laurels, looked the fucker right in the eye and said “maybe when you stop enabling Donald Trump”. Icon.
Paying Randy Rainbow 🌈. This song's for you... :daydream:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Now I'll have "You're no good. You're no good.You're no good. Baby you're no good." stuck in my head all day.

Not a problem.
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:52 am
Now I'll have "You're no good. You're no good.You're no good. Baby you're no good." stuck in my head all day.

Not a problem.
:thumbs:

tek

Post by tek »

There's no way back
from there to here

tek

Post by tek »

hahahaha "When Will I Be Loved" and "You're No Good" were on the same album ;)
There's no way back
from there to here

tek

Post by tek »

and a year later, "That'll Be The Day"
There's no way back
from there to here

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

tek wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Looks real: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... edy-center
TY. This made my day.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Steven Pifer
@steven_pifer
·
13m
Shabby treatment of Amb Taylor.
@SecPompeo
concerned
@realDonaldTrump
might see photo of him and Taylor together? Not really a surprise from secretary who refuses to speak up and defend
@StateDept
officials. Pompeo can't swagger off to his Kansas senate campaign soon enough.
Quote Tweet

Julia Davis
@JuliaDavisNews
· 15h
Acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor was instructed by a top aide to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to hand over responsibilities for his post just days before Pompeo’s visit to Ukraine.
https://wsj.com/articles/u-s-envoy-to-u ... 1576715785

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda »

Pompeo and Bill Barr are in a real contest for the title of most classless cabinet secretary.

Return to “The Trump Cabinet”