The First 48 and we're at Lying Under Oath

DmitriNotPetra

The First 48 and we're at Lying Under Oath

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 am

Its 48 hours (I think) into the FBI investigation and former Kavanaugh classmate and guy with most Yale name ever, Chad Ludington... go ahead, say that out loud and not snicker... Chad Ludington has written a sworn statement to the FBI that Kavanaugh mischaracterized his drinking habits while under oath. Jeff Flake has said that that basically the nomination is over if it turns out that Kavanaugh lied.
BUT WAIT!
The FBI may not inquire about drinking AND
Patrick Leahy already accused Kavanaugh of misleading under oath, so I think it has to be more of a LIE LIE LIE than that to swing Senate votes.
BUT...

This is only 48 hours in. What's next?

RVInit

Re: The First 48 and we're at Lying Under Oath

Post by RVInit » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 am

What's next is Kavanaugh is headed for the Supreme Court. I think the Senate will only see the version of alternative facts put forth by the White House, not the actual FBI 302's. They will receive precisely what they need to receive in order to feel good about elevating a drunken, entitled spoiled brat to the Supreme Court where he will wreak havoc for decades, along with his Rethuglican comrades. As long as Faux and other rwnj media keep spewing their version of truthiness, the Senate has cover with their base, which is all that matters.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Re: The First 48 and we're at Lying Under Oath

Post by Kendra » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:36 am

Q: If Judge Kavanaugh is shown to have lied to the Committee, nomination's over?

FLAKE: Oh yes.

COONS: I would think so. (via CBS)
60 Minutes

Return to “Brett Kavanaugh - Nomination for Supreme Court”