Kentucky US Senate 2020

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Kentucky US Senate 2020

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 am

Amy McGrath has jumped in and declared she's running for Mitch McConnell's (KY-Turtle) senate seat:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amy-mcgrat ... y-mcgrath/

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Kentucky US Senate 2020

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:29 am

Great commercial except for the Hallmark Channel music. Which was just awful.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 am

I'm in.
ImageImageImage x4

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:54 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:29 am
Great commercial except for the Hallmark Channel music. Which was just awful.
From a producer's perspective the music targets the Feelers (Myers Briggs), not the Thinkers (Myers Briggs). It is primarily inoffensive, except to the Sterngards out there, thus not eliminating others who watch and listen to the text about big city politician ignoring folks back home. Also, too, when, WHEN has a Hallmark production lied? It was genius to use that music especially with the color shots of real people (voters) and Amy versus the black and white shots of the Turtle.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 am

Yeah. What do I know. I don't even watch the Hallmark Channel.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 am
Yeah. What do I know. I don't even watch the Hallmark Channel.
If those "movies" on Hallmark didn't have music throughout the entire movie there would be nothing. As bad as the music is, the acting is worse. Where else do you find 35 year-old women giggling like teenagers half their age? No, I don't watch Hallmark, but I sit here at the computer doing my TFB and language studies while GF is watching Hallmark behind me. I try various volume settings and use headphones, but nothing blocks it out completely.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:34 am

The Atlantic: Mitch McConnell’s (Un)certain Fate

Amy McGrath will try to do what Beto O’Rourke couldn’t: Remove a high-profile Republican from a deep-red state.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:42 am

#DitchMitch should be the trending hashtag on Twitter every day for Americans. IMO, Individual-1 is mostly air without McConnell's enablement and refusal to uphold his oath to the Constitution vs. the party.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:54 am

KYpmitch-660x330.png
Bowling Green’s NBC News affiliate reports:

A new billboard along I-65 in Hart County is raising some eyebrows. The sign reads, “Putin’s Mitch” and features a photo of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
https://www.joemygod.com/2019/07/kentuc ... ins-mitch/
Wasn't there a massacre in Bowling Green? I seem to recall KellyAnne Conway commenting on it. :confused:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:32 am

That’s hilarious. I’ve been thinking it would be great if McConnell went home to Ditch Mitch billboards everywhere.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:41 am

Can't link,* but I saw several reports this past week about miners with black lung upset with Mitch for not being bothered to stick around and chat with them.

*it's early and I'm still half asleep so sue me.
ImageImageImage x4

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:54 am

This might stick to Addison and it should, it's true. He refused to allow the government to warn people about the Russian hacking, he wouldn't join a bipartisan statement and said they'd call it a political stunt. I'm still having trouble grasping these huge amounts of money appearing out of nowhere, it's really incredible.

‘Moscow Mitch’ merchandise sales top $200,000 in 48 hours, Kentucky Dems say
By Bradford Betz | Fox News :P

Sales from “Moscow Mitch” merchandise exceeded $200,000 in a 48-hour period, the Kentucky Democratic Party claimed in a Friday press release. The pejorative nickname emerged when Washington Post writer Dana Milbank suggested in an article last week that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., was a “Russian asset” for blocking legislation to bolster election security. MSNBC host Joe Scarborough went on the air and called McConnell “Moscow Mitch” for supposedly “aiding and abetting” Russian President Vladimir Putin’s efforts to interfere with American elections, as it was accused of doing during the last presidential election in 2016.

McConnell, usually reserved in his response to criticism, likened the insult to “modern-day McCarthyism” which, he added, “is toxic, and damaging, because of the way it warps our entire public discourse.” Capitalizing on McConnell’s ire, the Kentucky Democratic Party on Wednesday rolled out an array of “Moscow Mitch” merchandise online, including a T-shirt, a hat, drinkware, stickers and buttons. Nearly all items come with the phrase “Just say nyet! to Moscow Mitch.” “People are sick of [McConnell’s policies], and this is their way of expressing their outrage,” Kentucky Democratic Party spokeswoman Marisa McNee said in a press release. “This campaign has really caught the imagination of voters in Kentucky and across the country.”

The Kentucky Democrat Party said it's gotten orders for the merchandise from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Nicole Erwin, the communications director for the Kentucky Democratic Party, said the “Moscow Mitch” merchandise line will be available “as long as people are interested in this.”
:thumbs:

Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:37 am

It would be helpful for the Dems to field a top notch candidate to challenge #MoscowMitch next year. Amy McGrath, unfortunately, ain't it. She has no idea what Democrats are for and against and a Senatorial campaign against the majority leader isn't the place to start learning.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:07 am

McConnell, usually reserved in his response to criticism, likened the insult to “modern-day McCarthyism” which, he added, “is toxic, and damaging, because of the way it warps our entire public discourse.”
:? :? :?

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:52 pm

People chanting Moscow Mitch at a Mitch McConnell event.

https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/stat ... 7668573184

"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:38 am

I ordered my Moscow Mitch mug today. I was happy to contribute to the Kentucky Democratic Party. I hope they make his life miserable for the next year and a half. Or more.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “U.S. Senate Elections”