Maine U.S. Senate 2020

bob

Maine U.S. Senate 2020

Post by bob » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Bangor Daily News: Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon joins race to challenge Susan Collins in 2020:
Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon announced a 2020 run against U.S. Sen. Susan Collins in a long-expected campaign launch on Monday that made her the second well-known Democrat to challenge the Republican incumbent.

Gideon, 47, of Freeport first teased a run against Collins immediately after the Republican voted in November for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. That vote kicked off a period of unprecedented partisan mobilization for and against the four-term senator.

Two progressive crowdfunds have raised nearly $4.7 million for Collins’ eventual Democratic challenger, but Collins virtually matched them with $4.4 million as of March’s end behind a record fundraising quarter after the Kavanaugh vote on the backs of large, out-of-state donors.

[ * * * ]

In her launch video, Gideon hit Collins for two landmark votes during the presidency of Donald Trump: the one for Kavanaugh and the other for the Republican tax-cut package passed in 2017, saying “at one point, maybe she was different than some of the other folks in Washington, but she doesn’t seem that way anymore.”

[ * * * ]

Gideon joins lobbyist Betsy Sweet of Hallowell, the third-place finisher in the 2018 Democratic gubernatorial primary, in the party field alongside little-known Saco lawyer Bre Kidman. Other Democrats are considering a run, including Secretary of State Matt Dunlap of Old Town and developer Rosa Scarcelli of Portland.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Lani

Re: Maine U.S. Senate 2020

Post by Lani » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:25 am

:rotflmao:
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:25 am

The next ad has to point out that when Susan sees a problem she writes a strong memo about it.

And files it as a disappointment.

Otherwise she does nothing. She votes for all of her disappointments.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:48 am

In another life, I could see myself making political campaign ads for PACs. I'd especially like to hijack trump's "chosen one" clip.
The girls prepare for our Jaws drive(way)-in movie tonight. ImageImageImage x4

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:48 am
In another life, I could see myself making political campaign ads for PACs. I'd especially like to hijack trump's "chosen one" clip.
Do it now! Twitter, Instagram, et al., have available platforms! :thumbs:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Return to “U.S. Senate Elections”