And if he dies?

AndyinPA

Re: And if he dies?

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeah:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I've changed my view. I'd like Trump to be a long hauler. I'd like him to be feeling better in a couple of days and then fall off a cliff. Maybe after he's back in the White House. It would be great seeing video of him being wheeled out on a gurney and put in a helicopter for his second trip to Walter Reed.

Perhaps intubation for a few weeks so he can't talk or tweet. What a godsend that would be.

Then I'd like him to recover on January 22, 2021. And be told he doesn't have immunity. So he takes one of the first doses of the vaccine he forced be rushed out. And gets Guillain-Barre.

He can be wheeled into his trials in Manhattan for his economic crimes in the same way Harvey Weinstein was eventually wheeled in for the verdicts in his prosecution for sexual assaults.

And I hope the Biden DOJ sues him under the Emoluments Clause for disgorgement of every penny he scarfed in from the U.S. Government and foreign governments while he was pretending to be POTUS.

I'd like him to be stripped of any wealth he has left after the $421 million comes due.

All of that would actually be a fate worse than death. And it would be, finally, Trump enduring some of the consequences of his despicable life.

bob

Post by bob »

Too also: assets seized, forfeited, liquidated, etc., means the kids don't get them.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

:thumbs:

realist

Post by realist »

ImageX 4 ImageX36
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Sounds like the ideal outcome to me! :thumbs:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think I can join everyone in wishing him an extremely long recovery.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

To Stern: :winner:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I do not wish that he dies, because (a) I don't believe in making wishes like that, and (b) because if Trump dies, Pence will probably be elected President (between the sympathy factor, and the number of people who are voting against Trump because he is so thuggish and unpresidential).

I want Trump to live, so every voter will be reminded of how hubristic he was in holding rallies and meetings without masks.

J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I think that there is a misconception between the question of whether we want him to die now or how will we feel if he dies now. I have previously stated that I want to see him have a long painful life in prison. But if he instead dies now I will not cry or mourn for him and I will have cake and ice cream -- leave the fogbow farting unicorns for Foggy.

bring out the tumbrils. I am so fucking filled with pain and anger at what is going on in this country. I do deeply believe that if trump somehow retains power it will be the end of democracy in this country and the end of this country as we know it.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

woodworker wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 pm I think that there is a misconception between the question of whether we want him to die now or how will we feel if he dies now. I have previously stated that I want to see him have a long painful life in prison. But if he instead dies now I will not cry or mourn for him and I will have cake and ice cream -- leave the fogbow farting unicorns for Foggy.

Seconded. Honestly, I'm hoping he's recovered enough by election day to watch Joe Biden kick his ass. The last thing I want is for him to die and be martyred. But it is what it is.

ImageImageImage x4
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

I want him to live long enough to lose the election and later find out he's being remembered as the worst President in US history, a business failure, and a thoroughly vile human being.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

That's how I see it. :smoking:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

RoadScholar wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:53 am I want him to live long enough to lose the election and later find out he's being remembered as the worst President in US history, a business failure, and a thoroughly vile human being.
Long enough to lose the election, yes. But you're talking of a hell freezing over situation when he realizes everything else you mentioned.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Associated Press: AP EXPLAINS: What happens if a candidate for president dies?

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, Addie. :bighug: Been looking for an explanation of what happens if a candidate dies this close to an election.

I am oddly detached from giving a fuck what happens to this scumbag one way or the other (or the other). I am over attaching my emotional state to a demonic roller coaster. I feel as if Karma has taken over, so I sit in my shallow but broad pool of anger and contempt, watching it play out.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its extremely healthy not to be consumed by that Psychic Vampire.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
chancery

Post by chancery »

:like:
p0rtia wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:58 pmI am oddly detached from giving a fuck what happens to this scumbag one way or the other (or the other). I am over attaching my emotional state to a demonic roller coaster. I feel as if Karma has taken over, so I sit in my shallow but broad pool of anger and contempt, watching it play out.

realist

Post by realist »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:58 pm Thanks, Addie. :bighug: Been looking for an explanation of what happens if a candidate dies this close to an election.

I am oddly detached from giving a fuck what happens to this scumbag one way or the other (or the other). I am over attaching my emotional state to a demonic roller coaster. I feel as if Karma has taken over, so I sit in my shallow but broad pool of anger and contempt, watching it play out.
Akshully, Addie was ninja'd on the first page of this thread, about the third post and again in the 5th or 6th. That's originally what the thread was about. :blink:

ImageX 4 ImageX36
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I guess I missed it. Glad for the repost, since most of the posts are on the also-fascinating What Do You Think? issue.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

realist wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 pm Some here calling for and even stating celebration if Trump dies?

Really?!

:madguy:
for my own sake i try not to wish suffering on people, even people like donald trump. so at this point i don't really care if he dies or not. it will be what it will be. but if he dies, then you're damn right i'm celebrating. the man is a rabid animal and even aside from all the suffering he's already caused, it's ultimately either him or me and i will celebrate the hell out of my survival.

“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

I'm not hoping he dies. I won't celebrate when he dies. I won't shed a tear when he dies.

Edit add: I might breathe a sigh of relief.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

I have personally instructed him not to die. :blink:

He better not disobey me, or he might be in REAL TROUBLE. :boxing:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/13 ... 0971452418
Tim O'Brien@TimOBrien

A humbling Herman Cain/coronavirus timeline:

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless
7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19
7/10: Says he’s improving
7/15: Says his doctors seem happy
7/27: Says he’s really getting better
7/30: Dies

realist

Post by realist »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm I guess I missed it. Glad for the repost, since most of the posts are on the also-fascinating What Do You Think? issue.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Return to “Presidential Election”