:thumbs:

p0rtia

Re: Politically Inept Kanye West 2020

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug:

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

:clap:

ImageImageImage x4
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

:notworthy:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Apparently the hearing went for three hours, and Judge Zakowski plans to rule by Friday.

Woof, now I'm really glad I didn't stay at my office for the whole thing.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:37 pm Apparently the hearing went for three hours, and Judge Zakowski plans to rule by Friday.

Woof, now I'm really glad I didn't stay at my office for the whole thing.
3 hours? That’s longer than Kanye’s attention span.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
bob

Post by bob »

Idaho Press: Legal challenge says rapper Kanye West ineligible to run as independent on Idaho presidential ballot, because he's registered as a Republican in Wyoming...:
Rapper Kanye West qualified to be on Idaho’s presidential ballot as an independent on Aug. 25 by submitting petitions with 1,000 valid signatures of Idaho voters, but now his candidacy is facing a legal challenge. Late yesterday, attorneys representing Idaho voters formally requested Idaho Secretary of State Lawerence Denney to declare West ineligible for the Idaho ballot, because under Idaho law, he’s not actually an independent – he’s registered to vote in Wyoming as a Republican.

West certified on his declaration of candidacy in Idaho that he was “not affiliated with any political party,” and that he’s a Wyoming resident. But Wyoming records show his party registration there.

The deadline for county clerks to print absentee ballots is Sept. 14 – just four days away.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

bob wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:38 pm Idaho Press: Legal challenge says rapper Kanye West ineligible to run as independent on Idaho presidential ballot, because he's registered as a Republican in Wyoming...:

Off Topic
Out of curiosity, is this law common in other states? Also too, am I correct in assuming that Bernie Sanders being registered as an Independent in Vermont had no bearing on his presence on the primary ballot as a Democrat?

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

1000 signatures is all you need? That leaves me wondering why there aren't hundreds of people on the ballot. Why not something like 2% of the number who voted in the past election for governor?

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss »

It is even easier in Colorado, ZekeB. Here is what Kanye had do to to get on the ballot (from Colorado Public Radio's August 6, 2020 article).
Kanye West Is On Colorado’s Ballot — For One Of The People Who Helped Him Get There, It’s About The Issues
The Colorado Secretary of State says the entertainer's nascent campaign has officially succeeded in adding him as an unaffiliated candidate on Colorado's presidential ballot.

Wednesday was the deadline for unaffiliated candidates to apply for ballot access. To earn a slot, a candidate must pay the state's $1,000 fee and turn in notarized paperwork, including signatures and information from nine supporters who pledge to stand for the candidate in the Electoral College.

Colorado makes it relatively easy for candidates to qualify for the presidential ballot. In many states, candidates must submit thousands of voter signatures to secure a slot.

In this case, all it took was a local Republican political strategist reaching out to a few friends to try to help secure West’s spot on the ballot.

The candidate’s listed vice presidential choice is Michelle Tidball, a Wyoming resident who describes herself as a "Biblical life coach." Before getting into the race, West was an outspoken supporter of President Donald Trump.
I just looked to see how many folks decided to have their name on the ballot as a "vanity" run for POTUS. There are 24 for me to choose from. Most are unaffiliated candidates.

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

Ohio Supreme Court rejects Kanye's ballot bid 7-0.
https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/d ... o-4380.pdf

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

West doesn't have very good lawyers representing him as he tries to get on the ballot and become a spoiler. :violin:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:40 pm West doesn't have very good lawyers representing him as he tries to get on the ballot and become a spoiler. :violin:
He's probably getting what he's paying for.

Aside: Wasn't the Brown County ruling supposed to come out today?

fierceredpanda
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

ZekeB wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 pm Aside: Wasn't the Brown County ruling supposed to come out today?
He has pretty good lawyers in Wisconsin. Or I should say, had:

https://fox11online.com/news/election/b ... ot-request
GREEN BAY (WLUK) -- A Brown County judge has denied Kanye West's request to appear on Wisconsin's presidential ballot.

Judge John Zakowski made the decision Friday, determining West's nomination papers were indeed turned in seconds after the 5 p.m. filing deadline.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Will they bother to appeal? I would think the deadline for printing ballots is approaching.

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

I thought I saw yesterday that printing WI's ballots was held up because a green party candidate is trying to get added, and with the deadline fast approaching to mail overseas/military ballots, and considering DeJoy's fuck-up of the mail, it looks like the military is going to get punished for preferring the democratic candidate over the republican (for the first time).

ImageImageImage x4
fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 am I thought I saw yesterday that printing WI's ballots was held up because a green party candidate is trying to get added, and with the deadline fast approaching to mail overseas/military ballots, and considering DeJoy's fuck-up of the mail, it looks like the military is going to get punished for preferring the democratic candidate over the republican (for the first time).
Correct. As always, the fucking Green Party is here to act as a stalking horse for Republicans to advance the exact opposite of everything Greens claim to care about.
► Show Spoiler

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Amy Gardner
@AmyEGardner
·
2h
Green Party candidate admits Republicans are helping him get on the ballot in Wisconsin:

https://t.co/z1R5ZSIlkG?amp=1

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

On ballot recap as far as I could determine on September 12, 2020:

CO
MN
KY
OK
AR
LA
UT
IA
TN
VT
WI?

Anyone see any states which don't belong in there?

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Azastan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:51 pm On ballot recap as far as I could determine on September 12, 2020:

CO
MN
KY
OK
AR
LA
UT
IA
TN
VT
WI?

He didn't make Wisconsin. :dance:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Azastan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:51 pm On ballot recap as far as I could determine on September 12, 2020:

CO
MN
KY
OK
AR
LA
UT
IA
TN
VT
WI?

Add MS and ID.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/0 ... lot-410156

And he's not on the WI ballot.
https://variety.com/2020/music/news/kan ... 234768050/

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:35 pm
Azastan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:51 pm
Add MS and ID.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/0 ... lot-410156

CO
MN
KY
OK
AR
LA
UT
IA
TN
VT
MS
ID

Thanks!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Meh. Just keep him off as many swing states as possible. The red states won't matter.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Is there any real concern that he has a shot at siphoning votes?

Like, who is going to be like "yeah, I'm voting for Kanye!"

It's a bit like that classic Eddie Murphy sketch about white people voting for Jesse Jackson.

Return to “Presidential Election”