Politically Inept Kanye West 2020

MN-Skeptic

Politically Inept Kanye West 2020

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Hollywood Reporter -

Kanye West Announces 2020 Presidential Run
Kanye West announced on the Fourth of July that he plans to run for president in 2020 — potentially to make good on a promise he made five years before during the 2015 MTV VMAs.

"We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States," West tweeted Saturday evening, along with the hashtag #2020VISION.

Having leaned more into politics in recent years, including a handful of meetings with Donald Trump, the announcement follows numerous statements by West in the past about his intentions to run for the highest office in the land — most recently last November at Fast Company's Innovation Festival. The difference with that announcement was his presidential sights were set on a 2024 bid.
Edited - Title changed to reflect West dropping out of race - 7/15/2020.

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Kanye West 2020

Post by Flatpointhigh »

BTW, Kanye is into Q.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

And Elon Musk has endorsed him.

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

This has gotta be set up as a spoiler to take votes from Biden. West and IMPOTUS have been friendly for several years and I wouldn’t rule out any scheme IMPOTUS could dream up to ensure his re-election. I can’t quite imagine Kim Kardashian as FLOTUS, but then there’s the current one. :roll:

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Too late to be on the ballot in several states (at least nine). IMO, this is just another Kanye/Kardashian attention-whoring stunt.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Sunrise wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:13 pm This has gotta be set up as a spoiler to take votes from Biden. West and IMPOTUS have been friendly for several years and I wouldn’t rule out any scheme IMPOTUS could dream up to ensure his re-election. I can’t quite imagine Kim Kardashian as FLOTUS, but then there’s the current one. :roll:
I doubt there is any political calculus involved on Kanye's part. He's an odd dude who sometimes does odd things.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Turtle wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:38 pm
Sunrise wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:13 pm This has gotta be set up as a spoiler to take votes from Biden. West and IMPOTUS have been friendly for several years and I wouldn’t rule out any scheme IMPOTUS could dream up to ensure his re-election. I can’t quite imagine Kim Kardashian as FLOTUS, but then there’s the current one. :roll:
I doubt there is any political calculus involved on Kanye's part. He's an odd dude who sometimes does odd things.
You could earn $ writing references and/or epitaphs

Domenico

Post by Domenico »

Oh, look! Another mentally ill celebrity running for President of the United States of America!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

One theory is he's trying to siphon off Black voters from Biden.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Domenico wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:06 am Oh, look! Another mentally ill celebrity running for President of the United States of America!
Reminds me of when they'd have "elections" in my high school, and Frank Zappa won every time.

We're not in high school anymore, kids. It's not funny.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:26 am
Domenico wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:06 am Oh, look! Another mentally ill celebrity running for President of the United States of America!
Reminds me of when they'd have "elections" in my high school, and Frank Zappa won every time.

We're not in high school anymore, kids. It's not funny.
That's funny though, Pip!

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I wonder if Kanye has the foggiest idea of what it takes to be on the ballot. Does he think that, by proclaiming that he’s running, his name automatically is added to all the ballots? I really wonder.

Wanderinglord

Post by Wanderinglord »

And now the South Park episode fish sticks makes sense

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

I thought the Kardashians were in trump's back pocket ever since he released what's his name for them.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

ZekeB wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:00 am I thought the Kardashians were in trump's back pocket ever since he released what's his name for them.

Which is why I suggested above that it’s a scheme to help IMPOTUS by pilfering votes from Biden.

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Not all states have write in votes.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I totally believe this was set up between Trump and Kanye. Kanye is a huge Trump humper. And yes, I have no doubt that Trump would think Kanye would siphon off the black vote. And neither of them knows what it takes to get on any ballot, it's the blind leading the blind.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
realist

Post by realist »

RVInit wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 am I totally believe this was set up between Trump and Kanye. Kanye is a huge Trump humper. And yes, I have no doubt that Trump would think Kanye would siphon off the black vote. And neither of them knows what it takes to get on any ballot, it's the blind leading the blind.
I agree it’s a setup re the Black vote.
Kanye, however, nor Trump need to know how to get in a ballot. Trump has handlers for that. It is too late to get in the ballot in some states, and not all states have write-in voting.

ImageX 4 ImageX36
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sunrise wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:28 am
ZekeB wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:00 am I thought the Kardashians were in trump's back pocket ever since he released what's his name for them.
Which is why I suggested above that it’s a scheme to help IMPOTUS by pilfering votes from Biden.
I suspect you're right, which indicates a cynical attitude on West's and Individual-1's part toward Black voters.

I'm notoriously not up on current pop culture but this was my first (and last) exposure to West. It still pains me and cracks me up at the same time.
Sekrit Stuffs!

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I doubt either Kanye or Trump has tried to organize this with anyone else. It's the two of them together, they know best! That is what I would bet. Which is why neither of them know (probably) that it's too late to get Kanye on some of the ballots.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

From BBC News
He does not appear to have registered his name with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) for November's election. The closest name the FEC database shows is a candidate called "Kanye Deez Nutz West", who filed their papers with the Green Party in 2015 under the address "1977 Golddigger Avenue, Suite Yeezus" and appears to have raised no money.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Reminds me of McCain picking Palin as VP thinking it would siphon off female Hillary supporters in 2008. I knew a racist who ended up voting for Obama because of the Palin pick (or O'Biden as he put it. He was positive Obama wouldn't make it through his first term).

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

He has no cash to self-fund a national campaign. (his Forbes "1.3 billion" net worth is largely based on a valuation of his shoe company, which he privately holds 100% ... Forbes found his liquid assets to be around $100 million cash/stocks)

This is just a vanity bs pr stunt for Kanye.

plus, outside the shoe company, Kim owns half and would cut his balls off if he tried to liquidate stuff to fund a campaign.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Our boy made his great announcement because he wasn’t getting the attention he feels to be his due.

I wonder if West called some news organization or showed up at a club and was asked, “Who are you?”

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

The Georgia native has already missed the deadline for states including Indiana, New York and Texas.
NY and Texas unreachable for him.

Vanity stunt.

Return to “Presidential Election”