Ronapalooza 2020

Suranis

Re: Ronapalooza 2020

Post by Suranis »

Ya Black people have different traditions than us white people. This is a really good video that talks about it. And the title actually is a bit clickbaity as the reason is not what it makes you think it is...well not completely. Have a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-0iAzFIcI
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

That’s Ask a Mortician! I’ve heard her before as a guest on podcasts. She’s quite interesting. She’s written several books.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

I thought I was the only one who watched her on YouTube. I guess not.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:21 am https:// twitter.com/Infantry0300/status/1292061344703938560
Bike For Sale. Low Miles. Trailered To Sturgis Once. Need To Sell Quickly To Pay Medical Bills.
I would have went with "Need to Sell Quickly To Cover Funeral Expenses" ...
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Imagine using a pan head to run a bunch of ventilators. It would be righteous! Dozens of chromed hoses coming off the exhaust pipes ....
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sekrit Stuffs!
I knew a guy who went to Sturgis religiously. CEO who talked often of his collection of Harleys to his employees, most of whom made living wages. Getting on a Harley transformed him into Marlon Brando with a topping of James Dean, a badass knight of the road — at least in his mind.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:26 am
Bike For Sale. Low Miles. Trailered To Sturgis Once. Need To Sell Quickly To Pay Medical Bills.
"Need to Sell Quickly To Cover Funeral Expenses for 3 Relatives"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

This event seems to give the term "roadkill" a very new meaning :twisted:
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Lansdowne wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:56 am
neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:26 am
"Need to Sell Quickly To Cover Funeral Expenses for 3 Relatives"
I was at the summit of Snoqualmie Pass yesterday, and spotted one of those Raptor toy haulers. 3 mixed sex couples, obviously working hard at being hardcore bikers, heading to Sturgis.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:39 am Sekrit Stuffs!
I knew a guy who went to Sturgis religiously. CEO who talked often of his collection of Harleys to his employees, most of whom made living wages. Getting on a Harley transformed him into Marlon Brando with a topping of James Dean, a badass knight of the road — at least in his mind.
Mrs_G worked for a commodities trader like that for a while. She was his gal M-F (and sometimes Saturdays and Sundays too), did all the import / export paperwork, taxes, etc. He demanded a $500 dress code (no Kmart office clothes), fetished over his Harley's, and went on hajj to Sturgis every year.
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

When I'd head back to Oreegun from 'sconsin every year, I'd stay in Rapid City the first night and grab breakfast at Sturgis the next morning. I remember where the place was, but I forgot the name. Good food at a reasonable price. It was always weeks apart from the tricycle festival, though.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:24 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:53 pm Not used to that here. We usually have a day or two of viewing and then the funeral. That has always seemed like that's enough to go through. But I do understand that things are different in different cultures and in different places around the country.
Chatting with a friend today and she mentioned her aunt died and wouldn't have a funeral but they were doing some sort of zoom thing for family. 12 days from death to memorial. I asked why they didn't do it sooner since nobody had to travel and she said, and I quote, "Blacks don't do it that way. It's considered rude not to have a period of mourning before you bury them and forget them." I've heard the same basic sentiment expressed by Blacks in NOLA about when to schedule the second lines. They have the added issue of having to line up the bands and buck jumpers down there.
I always assumed it was so everyone could come up from down South. The Man's family seems to take qt the very least a week. Like Andy I'm used to having someone buried within 4 days or so. My Daddy died on July 7th and we had his wake on the 11th and funeral and burial on the 12th. It probably would have been the 10th and 11th, but my l'il sister's birthday was the 11th and I didn't want to have the funeral that day.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:24 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:53 pm Not used to that here. We usually have a day or two of viewing and then the funeral. That has always seemed like that's enough to go through. But I do understand that things are different in different cultures and in different places around the country.
Chatting with a friend today and she mentioned her aunt died and wouldn't have a funeral but they were doing some sort of zoom thing for family. 12 days from death to memorial. I asked why they didn't do it sooner since nobody had to travel and she said, and I quote, "Blacks don't do it that way. It's considered rude not to have a period of mourning before you bury them and forget them." I've heard the same basic sentiment expressed by Blacks in NOLA about when to schedule the second lines. They have the added issue of having to line up the bands and buck jumpers down there.
The Twin Cities has the largest or second-largest Hmong community in the US. There's a cultural tradition prohibiting simultaneous funerals in the same space, so the service can't be held in a traditional funeral home. Plus, the length of a Hmong funeral is determined by the decedent's age/status in the community. So, young people - usually 2-3 days. A respected elder's funeral ceremony - 7-10 days.

There's also very few Hmong funeral homes in the metro area, due to more cultural considerations regarding location, which also often ends up butting heads with neighborhood opposition. (The opposition is for three reasons: 1. Drive-by shootings outside the funerals are/were not uncommon; 2. Parking issues - nearly the whole community turns out, making it a days-long parking crisis; 3. Since it goes on for days, the kids get bored, and their parents let them go outside and roam. Gangs of roaming kids = more theft and vandalism.) Anyhow, what this means is deceased Hmong can sit in refrigeration for days to weeks waiting their turn for their funeral to be held in one of the few facilities.

There's a Hmong funeral home in my neighborhood. It's busy every weekend. The management has arranged to rent some space in nearby stores' parking lots, and to run a shuttle service from the parking lot of a nearby school. Over the years, it seems like the number of extended funerals has gone down. I expect that the traditional days-long service is coming up against the reality of the American five-day work week, and successive generations are probably more willing to adapt and have a shorter funeral for themselves.
I've heard this bull before.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Charlotte Observer: 4 people at the RNC in Charlotte test positive for coronavirus, county says

Two attendees and two support staff at the Republican National Convention tested positive for COVID-19, Mecklenburg County officials announced Friday morning.

Those people were instructed to isolate immediately, and close contacts were also told to quarantine, officials said in a statement.

The disclosures come after county health officials raised concerned about a lack of social distancing and mask wearing during the business meeting of the RNC in Charlotte on Monday — despite strict coronavirus protocols that were supposed to be followed.

But the public may need to wait weeks for an “after-action” report detailing the true scope of infections linked to the RNC. For now, Mecklenburg Public Health Director Gibbie Harris has said the convention posed no infection risk to the greater Charlotte area.

“There have been no known incidences during the 5 days of RNC meetings in Charlotte where the public has potentially been exposed to an individual involved in the event (local or otherwise) who may have tested positive for COVID,” Harris said in a statement Tuesday.

Charlotte’s portion of the RNC was a dramatically scaled-down convention for a spectacle once expected to draw more than 50,000 people to the Queen City.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo: Few masks, little distancing: Trump celebrates at crowded White House party largely devoid of coronavirus precautions

President Trump celebrated his renomination Thursday with a crowded party at the White House that offered a jarring contrast with a nation that is still widely shut down over fears of the coronavirus pandemic whose spread remains uncontrolled.

More than 1,500 supporters poured onto the South Lawn for his formal acceptance speech to cap the Republican National Convention, and most were not wearing masks, even though they were seated closely together in white folding chairs.

The overwhelming majority of guests were not administered rapid coronavirus tests, Trump campaign and convention officials said, despite their relative proximity to the president and other White House officials. A White House official said it was logistically unfeasible to test such a large number of people.

Two attendees said in interviews that they were not offered tests and were not even put through a more basic screening, such as being questioned whether they had any symptoms, such as coughs, or taking their temperature. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk frankly. ...

Medical authorities said the White House setting offered potential dangers of community spread and set another bad example at a time when most infectious-disease experts are warning that the public must continue to wear masks, maintain social distancing and limit large gatherings.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Miss Meh

Post by Miss Meh »

Is it wrong of me to hope he keeps having these events to thin the herd so we win by attrition? :think:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28/politics ... index.html
(CNN)A member of Defense Secretary Mark Esper's team traveling in the Indo-Pacific region who helped handle his trip arrangements has tested positive for Covid-19, three US officials told CNN on Friday.

After several hours of not providing any information, a defense official told CNN "no one with the Secretary has tested positive, and neither the Secretary nor the traveling party have been exposed."
Two officials said the individual had helped with Esper's travel arrangements. The officials added that members of the delegation traveling with the secretary have been briefed on the matter.
A defense official told CNN that the staffer was on the advance team for the trip and did not come into contact with Esper or Pentagon staff traveling with him.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://twitter.com/msepic/status/1299424117423304707
@msepic
44 COVID-19 cases linked to Sturgis gathering says
@mnhealth
. 2 hospitalized, including 1 in ICU. Community spread beginning.
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Addie wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm

A White House official said it was logistically unfeasible to test such a large number of people.
But you want to have high schools re-opened face-to-face when some schools have over 1000 students.... :confused:
tek

Post by tek »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:29 pm https://twitter.com/msepic/status/1299424117423304707
@msepic
@mnhealth
New question on the list of covid screening questions: "Do you ride a Harley?"
There's no way back
from there to here
jmj

Post by jmj »

tek wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:05 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:29 pm https://twitter.com/msepic/status/1299424117423304707
@msepic
@mnhealth
New question on the list of covid screening questions: "Do you ride a Harley?"
Those 44 are just the ones detected so far after returning to Minnesota. I'm sure there are plenty more in other states. The city of sturgis offered free testing for residents the week after the rally. Only 650 people took advantage of the offer, despite having enough capacity for 1300 tests. All who were tested were asymptomatic, 4% tested positive.

https://www.keloland.com/news/healthbea ... gis-rally/

So if we assume that 4% of the apparently ~500,000 people who attended the Sturgis rally were positive, that's 20,000 infected people spreading across the United States.
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

IMPOTUS is going nuts at his NH rally, it's just all grievance and lies. He's totally unhinged. Must have seen the ratings and horrible reviews. Sounds like a big crowd, they are screaming and whining and moaning. Mark your calendar for Sep 9-12, that'll be 2 weeks from the super spreader events.

NBC News: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsABMFGGVeo
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
webhick

Post by webhick »

I work in Londonderry and travel north (past the airport) to go home. Normally when a president or frontrunner visits Manchester, traffic is far worse than normal. Delays and congestion everywhere.

Today? It was so normal that I totally forgot king dipshit was in town until I read the news this evening.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Miss Meh wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:01 pm Is it wrong of me to hope he keeps having these events to thin the herd so we win by attrition? :think:
Come sit (almost) next to me.
ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Presidential Election”