Seth Moulton 2020

tek

Seth Moulton 2020

Post by tek » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:10 am

Because we needed another candidate to add to the 487 who have already announced..

https://www.wbur.org/news/2019/04/22/he ... ntial-race
There's no way back
from there to here

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Seth Moulton 2020

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:19 am

Last I checked, Seth Moulton was underwater among Democratic voters in his district. As in, most of them want to vote for someone else in a primary. That's his punishment for trying to launch a coup against Nancy Pelosi back in January.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
The man is a deceitful, self-interested backstabber, whose capacity for duplicity is impressive, even for a politician. Pass.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

tek

Post by tek » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:24 am

The sense I get (as a MA resident, though not in his district) is that he isn't well liked across the state.
To add to FRPs comment, I've read that today he wouldn't even get re-elected to his House seat against a generic democrat.
There's no way back
from there to here

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Politico
Moulton dings Dems right out the gate for single-payer health care push

Newly declared presidential candidate Seth Moulton criticized his Democratic competitors Monday for pushing the idea of single-payer health care, citing what he called an imperfect experience at the VA.

“I think I'm the only candidate who actually gets single-payer health care,” the Massachusetts congressman said in an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” He qualified his statement by adding that like his 18 opponents in the 2020 primary, “I think health care is a right. I think every American should have access to good affordable health care.”

But the Iraq veteran said that his experience with single-payer health care made him hesitant to back any plan that would boot Americans off of their private insurance plans.

“I made a commitment to continue getting my own health care at the VA when I was elected to Congress. That's single-payer, and I'll tell you — it's not perfect,” he said. “ So if I'm elected, I'm not going to force you off your private health care plan.”

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:42 pm

God forbid any government program should be imperfect. :bored:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:53 pm

fy

Reuters
Democratic 2020 candidate Moulton says Sanders, Warren too liberal to beat Trump

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. congressman Seth Moulton, one of 20 Democrats running for president, criticized rivals Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren on Friday, saying they were so liberal they risked handing President Donald Trump a second White House term.

Moulton is a long-shot candidate at this stage. But his comments reflect a growing conflict between the Democratic Party's moderate and progressive wings that will likely be laid bare during the battle to decide who will take on Republican Trump in next year's presidential election.

A representative from Massachusetts and Iraq war veteran, Moulton said Trump is a much more difficult candidate to defeat in 2020 than many Democrats realize because of his appeal to voters in the heartland who are frustrated with Washington.

"We can't go too far left or we will lose middle America," Moulton said in an interview in Los Angeles, part of a tour to California and other early voting states since he announced his candidacy on Monday.

He said the message of candidates such as Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren was going to make it difficult to win Congress and "take back the White House."

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Fuck you, Seth Just sayin'

:bored:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

tek

Post by tek » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:15 pm

That's Seth "what's in it for me?" Moulton.
There's no way back
from there to here

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:47 pm

My Dad is a Korean War vet and thank God for the VA, they have been awesome for our family.

Was impressed with Seth's background, but fighting against Nancy was colossally stupid. If he can't get that right, very little interest in hearing further from him. His inflammatory rhetoric makes it worse. Pass.
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:44 pm

wouldn't be surprised if some R is funding this to disrupt

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 am

The Hill
Moulton: Trump 'lacks the credibility' to keep US out of war with Iran

Rep. Seth Moulton (Mass.), a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, on Sunday criticized President Trump, saying a weak U.S. commander in chief makes the world more dangerous and increases the chances of the nation getting dragged into war with Iran.

The Marine veteran told ABC "This Week" host George Stephanopoulos that he's concerned about a Gulf of Tonkin-like incident taking the U.S. to war with Iran, just as the original incident helped start the Vietnam War.

He said national security advisor John Bolton is pushing for war, adding that President Trump, having not served in the Vietnam War, "lacks the credibility to keep us out of this one."

"The fact of the matter is there are a lot of dangers we're facing around the world because we have a weak commander in- chief in Donald Trump. That's why in this race I'm taking him on not just as president but as commander in chief," Moulton said.

"We've got to start talking about how to make America safe and strong, from our communities to our border to across the globe to restoring America's leadership," he added. "And you do that through strength, you do that by showing how America will make the world stronger and safer together."

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 am

Politico
Rep. Moulton: Democrats shouldn't go on ‘moral crusade’ against Trump

"Okay, Trump voters are not idiots," the White House hopeful told POLITICO. "They know that he’s an asshole. They get it. They’ve just baked that in."

Moulton is polling at the back of the pack seeking the Democratic nomination for president, and he didn’t make it on the stage for the first primary debate last month. But from his perspective, his party is overestimating its chances at beating Trump in 2020, Moulton said Thursday in a wide-ranging interview with POLITICO reporters and editors.

The Democratic front-runners are too focused on convincing Americans of Trump’s failings, Moulton said, and are not presenting a vision of the country that can win over people who supported the president in 2016.

“I think a lot of Democrats think, ‘You know, these Trump voters, what we need to do is we just need to educate them, and we're going to get it through their heads that this guy is a bad guy,’” Moulton said. “OK, Trump voters are not idiots. We don’t need to give America a moral education; they know that he’s an asshole. They get it. They’ve just baked that in.”

“When we’re trying to win over Trump voters in the general election, we can’t go on this moral crusade because people are like, ‘Give me a break,’” he said. “What they’re really saying is, ‘I get it, I get this guy is immoral. I’m voting for him anyway because you don’t give me a better alternative.’”

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 am

The Hill
Stanley McChrystal endorses Moulton for president

Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal endorsed Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.) for president Thursday, citing his “character” and “competence.”

McChrystal, who commanded U.S. forces in Afghanistan from 2009 to 2010, referenced the chants of “send her back” that erupted at President Trump’s campaign rally Wednesday evening when Trump criticized Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.).

That moment, he told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell, “reinforced for me the reality that leadership in our country is first and foremost about character, second, I think, about competence, not just personal competence but the ability to shape and lead an honest, good team.”

McChrystal added “specific policies or politics” are the third most important component of leadership.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am

Yahoo News
Why is Seth Moulton still running for president?

WASHINGTON — Seth Moulton may be polling at zero percent, but the unlikely contender for the Democratic nomination isn’t giving up.

The Massachusetts congressman didn’t qualify for either of the first two debates, is getting teased in the Onion and is fending off rumors that he’s losing staff. But at the American Legion post on Capitol Hill one night late last month, Moulton appeared to be recognized the moment he came through the door. ...

Moulton, a Marine Corps captain who served in Iraq, is making a long-shot presidential bid focused on national security, an issue that is taking a back seat in a primary focused on issues like health insurance, immigration and student debt. In May, he unveiled a plan to expand military mental health services while revealing his own experience suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder.

Over a beer at the American Legion post, Moulton shared his thoughts on national security and how the topic “barely even came up” in the first two nights of primary debates. Other than passing references, Iraq was mentioned only when former Vice President Joe Biden was questioned about his past support for the war. Syria came up only once in the second round of debates, when former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke rattled off a list of places from which he said he would withdraw troops.

Moulton is frustrated there hasn’t been more conversation about national security in the presidential primary. “The Democratic Party is failing to have a clear national security strategy. We’ve got to show America how we will make our country strong and safe. How we will stand up for patriotism, for our values. We’ve got to stop letting conservative Republicans own the flag,” he said. ...

One source close to Moulton said they would hope his focus on national security issues and foreign policy has caused some of the other candidates to take notice of Moulton. With his platform and military experience, the source said, Moulton would be a “natural” choice for a few Cabinet-level positions in another Democrat’s White House, including secretary of state, defense or veterans affairs and ambassador to the United Nations. Moulton, who is 40 years old, is one of the younger candidates, and the source said that could also make him an appealing running mate.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am

Addie wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 am
Politico
Rep. Moulton: Democrats shouldn't go on ‘moral crusade’ against Trump

"Okay, Trump voters are not idiots," the White House hopeful told POLITICO. "They know that he’s an asshole. They get it. They’ve just baked that in."

Moulton is polling at the back of the pack seeking the Democratic nomination for president, and he didn’t make it on the stage for the first primary debate last month. But from his perspective, his party is overestimating its chances at beating Trump in 2020, Moulton said Thursday in a wide-ranging interview with POLITICO reporters and editors.

The Democratic front-runners are too focused on convincing Americans of Trump’s failings, Moulton said, and are not presenting a vision of the country that can win over people who supported the president in 2016.

“I think a lot of Democrats think, ‘You know, these Trump voters, what we need to do is we just need to educate them, and we're going to get it through their heads that this guy is a bad guy,’” Moulton said. “OK, Trump voters are not idiots. We don’t need to give America a moral education; they know that he’s an asshole. They get it. They’ve just baked that in.”

“When we’re trying to win over Trump voters in the general election, we can’t go on this moral crusade because people are like, ‘Give me a break,’” he said. “What they’re really saying is, ‘I get it, I get this guy is immoral. I’m voting for him anyway because you don’t give me a better alternative.’”
This isn't just wrong, it's incoherent. What's Seth planning to do here—run a "vote for me, I love immoral assholes" campaign?

Yahoo News
Why is Seth Moulton still running for president?
Because he's a white guy with an ego and why the hell not? "Come on, we'll drive around, meet some cool chicks, it'll be fun!"
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Return to “Presidential Election”