Marianne Williamson 2020

Addie

Marianne Williamson 2020

Post by Addie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 pm

CNN OpEd - Marianne Williamson
Marianne Williamson: America is becoming an aristocracy

Editor's Note: "On Sunday April 14 at 6 p.m. ET, CNN will host a town hall with Marianne Williamson, a Democratic candidate for president in 2020. She is also a bestselling author, activist and spiritual lecturer. The views expressed in this commentary belong to the author. View more opinion at CNN."

(CNN) During my 35-year career working with individuals and groups going through traumatic experiences, I have helped people navigate the consequences of an irresponsible political establishment. As a result, I have strong ideas about some of the things that have gone wrong in America and how to help us heal.

While I have spent my career empowering people and turning them into leaders, Washington has been disempowering people and turning them into followers. The stress and anxiety that has become so endemic in American society, due to chronic economic and social despair, has fostered a population disconnected from civic engagement. Today, this chronic disempowerment represents a threat to our democracy.

Relatively few Americans have abused their rights at the expense of the many, turning the US government into their own personal playground. From tax cuts that benefit only the wealthiest among us, to corporate subsidies that aid industries (oil, big pharma, agribusiness, etc.) already profiting to the tune of billions, money has been sliding for decades away from expenditures that support the public good to expenditures that support the lucky few.

Though American politicians continues to say we are a democracy, we are sliding ever more dangerously into a veiled aristocratic system. The mindset of the new aristocracy has not only imbued our politics -- it has hijacked America's value system, leading us to swerve from our democratic and deep human values. We have forgotten that public morality even matters.

Addie

Re: Marianne Williamson 2020

Post by Addie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:12 pm

Marianne Williamson, Longtime Wacko, Is Now a Dangerous Wacko
For decades, Williamson said that medicines don’t cure disease but positive thinking does. Now she’s taking her quackery to a new and dangerous level: the anti-vaxxer conspiracy.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marianne- ... rous-wacko
To most observers, Marianne Williamson’s quirky presidential candidacy is a footnote. She’s running at around 1 percent in the polls. Few Americans know who she is, even though she’s written a few best-sellers and has managed to qualify for the 20-person Democratic debate squad next week.

But that may change thanks to Williamson’s anti-vaxxer statement last week that policies requiring children to get life-saving vaccines is “Orwellian” and “draconian” and that the issue is “no different than the abortion debate.”

Now she’s headline news—at least in the context of the noxious, moronic, false, and dangerous anti-vaxxer conspiracy theory, which now has a Democratic presidential candidate backing it. (Donald Trump, of course, has backed it for years.)

:snippity:

The main point is: None of this is new for Williamson. For 30 years, she’s been peddling dangerous, anti-scientific garbage: specifically, the warmed-over “New Thought” teaching that you can manifest your own reality by thinking it to be so.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:36 pm

She seems nice. :nope: :talktothehand: :cantlook:
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Uneducated new age airhead.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Cra-cra. She's already an "also ran" in my history books.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:32 am

What a goofball! 😂 Everybody knows that once you have a disease you need the medicine. She has it all bassackwards. You don’t GET the disease in the first place if you don’t acknowledge it’s existence! 😂😂😂😂
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 am

Prayers work? But God still smashed the Bahamas.

See deleted her tweet.
Marianne Williamson @marwilliamson

The Bahamas, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas...may all be in our prayers now. Millions of us seeing Dorian turn away from land is not a wacky idea; it is a creative use of the power of the mind. Two minutes of prayer, visualization, meditation for those in the way of the storm
8:21 AM · Sep 4, 2019·Twitter Web App

She replaced her tweet with this and removed most of the cra-cra.
Marianne Williamson @marwilliamson

Prayers for the people of the Bahamas, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. May the peace of God be upon him and their hearts be comforted as they endure the storm.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:55 pm

She forgotted Alabammy. :blackeye:
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Return to “Presidential Election”