WITHDRAWN: Eric Swalwell 2020

Addie

WITHDRAWN: Eric Swalwell 2020

Post by Addie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 pm

WaPo
Rep. Eric Swalwell of California joins crowded field of 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls

The four-term congressman, who has been a frequent guest on cable news programs as well as a visitor to Iowa over the past couple of years, added his name to the long list of people vying for the Democrats’ 2020 presidential nomination.

Swalwell, 38, formally announced the campaign during an appearance on CBS’s “Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

This is a developing story. It will be updated.
Adding:
Esquire: The Esquire Interview: Eric Swalwell

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: Eric Swalwell 2020

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:47 pm

Eric's hot and smart, always enjoy seeing him. His rollout event is going to be near Parkland FL tomorrow, Eric's issue is going to be gun control. Now there are 18 candidates. Run Foggy Run! :P

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:35 am

Huh? I only have 17 in my master list. Who am I missing?

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=11586

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:13 am

Foggy wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:35 am

?

https://ballotpedia.org/Marianne_Willia ... aign,_2020

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 am

Cool, thanks neonzx!

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:52 am

This guy looks like a potentially good candidate.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:53 am

Foggy wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:35 am

Pretty soon the list of people who aren't running for the Democratic nomination will be shorter than the list of those who are.

I've heard this bull before.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 am

FiveThirtyEight: How Eric Swalwell Could Win The 2020 Democratic Primary

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:00 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:53 am

Pretty soon the list of people who aren't running for the Democratic nomination will be shorter than the list of those who are.
I am here to announce I will not be contesting the Democratic primary.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 am

The Hill
Swalwell formally launches presidential bid

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) formally launched his campaign for the presidency Sunday in his hometown of Dublin, Calif., according to CNN.

Swalwell, who has made his push for stricter gun control a central theme of his run, identified the 2018 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Fla., as a formative moment, according to the network.

"A year ago, hope died at Parkland," Swalwell said. "But, in a uniquely American way, owing to the courage and strength of children, hope was reborn at Parkland. Hope has been reborn here in America too. That's why I started my campaign at Parkland. I pledged to that community what I pledge to you -- I will be the first campaign to make ending gun violence the top priority in my campaign."

In his remarks, Swalwell laid out specific agenda items, including a ban and buyback program for assault weapons and universal background checks for all gun purchases.

He also became the latest candidate in the crowded Democratic field to vow not to accept donations from corporate political action committees.

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm

CBS News (VIDEO)
Democratic presidential candidate Eric Swalwell releases gun control plan

Rep. Eric Swalwell released an extensive gun violence prevention plan Monday that includes an assault-style rifle ban and buyback and new legal requirements for gun ownership.

Swalwell, a Democratic presidential candidate, has repeatedly said his presidential platform would be centered on gun violence prevention, and on Monday called for significant investments in mental health and safety programs. The plan does not go as far as some other Democratic gun control plans, such as Sen. Cory Booker's proposal, which would require potential gun owners to go through a process that includes an interview, passing a gun safety course and background check, and being fingerprinted.

Swalwell's plan calls for those who refuse to give up their assault rifles to be prosecuted unless they keep those guns at hunting lodges or shooting ranges. He also took aim at gun manufactures, saying the Protection for Lawful Commerce in Guns Act, a federal law that protects gun manufacturers from civil liability, should be repealed. Additionally, he said gun companies should be forced to stop manufacturing assault-style rifles.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:38 pm

What we really have is 4 Presidential candidates and 16 running for VP. Add Swalwell to the VP list.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

FiveThirtyEight: Have We Seen The Last Of Eric Swalwell?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:50 pm

Nooooo he's so pretty in a goofy way, please Foggy, keep him around! :P

:flag:

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Scott Wong

Verified account

@scottwongDC
Following Following @scottwongDC
More
STORY: ERIC SWALWELL to become first Dem to drop out of 2020 presidential primary

w/@JuliaManch

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:33 pm

He had no business running in the first place. His entire problem is that he's a California Democrat, which means there won't be a statewide opening he can run for at least until Dianne Feinstein retires, and even then, he'll be trapped behind a whole busload of people with more seniority than him.

Thanks for playing, Eric.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:59 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:33 pm
He had no business running in the first place. His entire problem is that he's a California Democrat, which means there won't be a statewide opening he can run for at least until Dianne Feinstein retires, and even then, he'll be trapped behind a whole busload of people with more seniority than him.

Thanks for playing, Eric.
:like: Swalwell would be a good cabinet member should the occasion arise. :pray:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:37 pm

I am hoping this will start a trend. I've read that weirdo Tom Steyer is wanting to jump in the Dem Primary now. The field needs to cull down, and the lack of money will get rid of many of the folks who need to leave the race.

If Steyer had used the money to run commercials on the scandals Fat Nixon is involved in, say, every week, the Democrats would be far better off. But he's in it for the vanity.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:30 pm

It's official he's out. I admire that he tried and had a dignified exit.
Eric Swalwell ends White House bid, citing low polling, fundraising
By CARLA MARINUCCI and JEREMY B. WHITE 07/08/2019 04:20 PM EDT
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
DUBLIN, Calif. — California Rep. Eric Swalwell, dogged by fundraising challenges and a failure to register in the polls, is ending his longshot bid for the presidency.

Two weeks ago, Swalwell, 38, called on Democratic front-runner Joe Biden to "pass the torch" of party leadership to a new generation in the first Democratic presidential debates. But on Monday, Swalwell called a press conference at his Dublin campaign headquarters to announce that instead of continuing in the Democratic primary, he will instead seek a fifth term representing the strongly Democratic East Bay 15th district in Congress.

“Being honest with ourselves, we had to look at how much money we were raising, where we were in the polls," Swalwell told supporters, arguing that he had "moved the needle on the debate stage with an issue I was very passionate about," referring to gun control measures. “So we’ve achieved that,’’ he said. “But we have to be honest about our own candidacy’s viability."
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/ ... ns-1400395

AndyinPA

Re: WITHDRAWN: Eric Swalwell 2020

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm

I like him, but this wasn't the time for him to run. I'd like to see others start peeling away now, too.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm
I like him, but this wasn't the time for him to run. I'd like to see others start peeling away now, too.
:thumbs:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:49 am

FiveThirtyEight: Why Eric Swalwell’s Campaign Failed

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 am

I think he's in a safe district, but I'd rather see him retain his seat, so I'm glad he could see the writing on the wall.

Return to “Presidential Election”