WITHDRAWN: Bernie Sanders 2020

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Re: WITHDRAWN: Bernie Sanders 2020

Post by Slim Cognito »

TexasFilly wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:25 pm Colbert is an effective interviewer. Bernie either didn't get the Passover reference or chose to ignore it. Bernie would have you believe that only people over 50 voted for Joe. Bernie still is kinda threaty, just what we need to defeat Trump!
Is that because only people over 50 voted? (not literally but, for example, my DiL has a couple of young adult daughters who adore Bernie but did either of them vote for him in the primary? Nope. Couldn't be bothered.
ImageImageImage x4
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

TexasFilly wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:25 pm Colbert is an effective interviewer. Bernie either didn't get the Passover reference or chose to ignore it. Bernie would have you believe that only people over 50 voted for Joe. Bernie still is kinda threaty, just what we need to defeat Trump!
Stephen asked him if he would give Joe Biden a "full throated" endorsement. When Bernie would not do that Stephen later on asked "Well what would it take to fill your throat?". It went right over Bernie's head. :swoon: :rotflmao:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
PatGund

Post by PatGund »

It's rather disgusting how many supposed "supporters" of Sen. Sanders are going "I trust in and believe in Sen. Sanders (unless he says something nice about Person X), and I don't believe anything that trump, the far-right, or the alt-right says (unless they say something nasty about Person X).

Makes me suspect many of those weren't actually supporters in the first place.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm Bernie on with Colbert:

If you want to skip to 5:40 you can see Bernie tap dancing. Stephen chokes backs laughter when Bernie does his shtick.
Darn it, I expected actual tap dancing from that description. With tap shoes. :crying:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/ ... 55942?s=20
Chris Cillizza (@CillizzaCNN)
Bernie Sanders thinks the media cost him the nomination

https://t.co/pgr5cQmPbF
Fuck sake, <3Bernie<3. Put a sock in it. You lost. Twice.

He just cant shut up and leave it.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

You know what cost Bernie the nomination?

Bernie.

I'm sick of these pompous asses. Go away and yell at the clouds. Angry old white dudes. Somehow, we have to salvage Biden.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I still get emails from the campaign and rarely these days (stay at home) see a Bernie person. In both cases, it's about racking up as many delegates as possible in the remaining primaries to take over the DNC. Doesn't matter that Bernie has (kinda of sort of) backed Biden. There's no interest in starting their open party - they want the DNC. And of course, some are going to own the Dems by writing in Bernie in November.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Unsurprisingly, the two groups of Bernie voters that didn’t want Bernie to endorse Biden were young people and Hispanics:
Sekrit Stuffs!
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

And surely these groups, who suffer from, inter alia, tremendous income inequality, will fare far better in a second Trump term. :roll:
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
tek

Post by tek »

"What do you have to lose?"

:cussing:
There's no way back
from there to here
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Politico.
Staffers lash out in Bernie world meltdown
Long simmering tensions within the Sanders campaign have gone public.
The feud between different factions of Sanders' team made public tensions that had been simmering since the primaries.
By HOLLY OTTERBEIN 06/03/2020 09:04 PM EDT Updated: 06/03/2020 09:35 PM EDT

Bernie world is tearing itself apart.

As election results across the country rolled in on Tuesday evening, current and former aides to Bernie Sanders abruptly laced into each other on social media, trading accusations of being “tone-deaf,” not giving “a shit about the base,” and even stealing infrastructure from the 2020 campaign.

The clashes made public tensions that had long simmered below the surface among different factions in Sanders’ team during the primary. But they also demonstrated how difficult it is for top Sanders lieutenants to control even their own former staffers, which could hamper efforts at party unity during the general election.

For progressives and ex-Sanders staffers worried about how to keep the movement alive after the Vermont senator dropped out of the primary, the feud set off a round of soul-searching since it came against the backdrop of nationwide civil unrest and protests against police brutality.

“The left circular firing squad never rests and never misses a beat squandering an opportunity to get its head out of its ass to actually organize people outside of the cult,” said Jonathan Tasini, the author of "The Essential Bernie Sanders and His Vision for America" and a national surrogate for Sanders in 2016. “I just find it sad and head-shaking that this kind of crossfire is coming out now when the progressive movement has the opportunity to talk to millions of people.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/0 ... own-299545
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]

Return to “Presidential Election”