Slim Cognito

Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:06 am

I fear she's the next Jill Stein.
The girls prepare for our Jaws drive(way)-in movie tonight. ImageImageImage x4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:12 am

It depends on how much money she has to spend and how much noise she'd make. She's basically unheard of right now. So be it, but I'd hope any who vote for her would realize that they're casting a vote for Trump.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm

The Oregonian: Democratic activists worry Tulsi Gabbard will launch third-party presidential run ‘to help Donald Trump win’

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 pm

In her latest gimme money email, she's bragging about Meagan McCain liking her.
During the debates, McCain called Tulsi the “most composed and authentic.” On this week’s show, McCain shared how impressed she was with Tulsi’s debate performance and how it totally changed how she thinks about Tulsi. She read Tulsi’s July 4th statement out loud, sharing how much Tulsi’s message of freedom and love for our country resonated with her. And she even made sure the audience knew that Tulsi is the first female combat veteran in US history to run for President.
Tulsi is a spoiler.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 am

crossposting
Tulsi Gabbard, Democratic Presidential Candidate, Sues Google for $50 Million

In her lawsuit, Tulsi Gabbard asserts that Google muffled her free speech rights when it briefly suspended her ad account after the Democratic debate in June.

By Daisuke Wakabayashi
July 25, 2019

Representative Tulsi Gabbard, the long-shot presidential candidate from Hawaii, said in a federal lawsuit that Google infringed on her free speech when it briefly suspended her campaign’s advertising account after the first Democratic debate in June.

The lawsuit, filed on Thursday in a federal court in Los Angeles, is believed to be the first time a presidential candidate has sued a major technology firm.

In a twist that reflects Ms. Gabbard’s unorthodox political views, the claim that her speech was stifled by Google is similar to complaints made over the last year in Republican circles. Few Democrats have raised similar concerns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/tech ... oogle.html

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:25 am

It's a LOLsuit from a clown.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:04 am

Seth Abramson

@SethAbramson
I criticized Tulsi Gabbard today... *indirectly*.
Troll attacks on my feed *instantly* went up *1000%*.
Not sure what make of it.
Oh—you're wondering what I said about Tulsi?
I mentioned media reports confirming that far-right and Russian trolls are artificially boosting her.

47.2K 9:53 AM - Aug 1, 2019

Rick Wilson ✔
@TheRickWilson
I go at T*lsi Ga**ard and suddenly I've getting phishing emails by the score and password reset requests on all my accounts.

But it's totally not the Putin machine.
40.4K 1:20 AM - Aug 2, 2019

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:14 am

That's true: far-right and Russian trolls are artificially boosting her.

Cernovich et al pushed people to donate to Tulsi (like with Mike Gravel, who threw in the towel today, all those people just wasted their money. If I had time I'd do a story about that grift, it's as evil and stupid as Revote and the rest), their purpose is to disrupt and discourage. They're upfront about it.

The question is how to stop or slow it. One thought: why not geo-target and let users shut down those country IPs? Of course proxy servers, but an awful lot would go down. If someone wanted Russian or whatever content (by IP block), they could enable it.

Seems like a fairly easy compromise that will at least slightly reduce the interference. I understand there are ways around it but there are ways to deal with that too (just not connect VPNs). Technically, they certainly can do it, Netflix and Amazon can help if they need it.
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:45 am

I heard a show on MSNBC tonight about her support from the rightwing and Russia, but I can't find it on the internet. :madguy: Google Tulsi and Russia and you'll get mostly rightwing articles supporting her. :madguy:

On Seth's twitter, someone posted "Tulsi Gabbard is Russian for Jill Stein."

My latest email from the Russian Princess says she got the 130K donors to qualify for the September debate. It didn't mention if the donations were in dollars or rubles. :madguy:

We finally have someone who can successfully primary her, thank gawd! But she has A LOT money behind her.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:41 am

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:57 am

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 am

Makes me miss my twitter account. :P :boxing:

But while looking at the thread I spotted this. It could fill in a few blanks on who prepped her and where the money is coming from, but not the Russian troll involvement

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1159 ... 93984.html
This man is Chris Butler (b. 1948), aka Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa. He's the founder of the Science of Identity Foundation (SIF), a fringe yogic sect based in Hawai’i.

He is the “guru” of #Tulsi Gabbard, who was a child of the Science of Identity cult.

[THREAD]

1/ Science of Identity revolves around the despotic whims of one man: Butler, who is treated as the embodiment of God on earth. Its members isolate themselves from outside influence: they marry each other, send their kids to SIF schools (Tulsi attended such schools), & so on.

2/ SIF members who leave the group are shunned. Outsiders who report on the group are stalked & harassed, in the dickish style pioneered by the Scientologists. Christine Gralow (@realchrissyg), who has investigated the cult extensively, has been the subject of such treatment.

The rest is way too long to repost, you are better off heading tot he website and reading the twitter thread itself.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Also this:
I really wanted to paint this picture of my childhood, because Tulsi Gabbard grew up in the same group that I did. She was subjected to the same environment I was. She’s still surrounded by this group and calls Chris Butler her guru. This is why the increased interest and her rise to power concerns me so greatly. I want to be very clear, I have no issue with Tulsi, as far as I am concerned, she’s as much a victim as I am, more so because she was groomed from an early age specifically for the path she is now on. What I am concerned about is the control I know Chris Butler has over her, the influence he has over her ability to make decisions, decisions that could become law and impact a whole lot of people. I know what an abusive, mysogynistic, homophobic, germophobic, narcissitic nightmare Chris Butler is. And I know what kind of relationship he has with Tulsi.

If I could put it in a way that maybe more people could understand, look at the relationship between Ivanka Trump and her father. It’s very clear to me that Ivanka walks a very fine line between trying to be her own person and trying not to piss off her father by doing so. Donald, by many accounts, is a person who demands utmost loyalty, and will attack anyone who doesn’t give it, and remove them swiftly from his life. So you can imagine Ivanka while being her own person, would immediately shut down her own feelings and opinions if she knew her father would see her as disloyal. She would get cut off if she lost favour. There’s a lot she has to lose if she opposed her father.

Tulsi Gabbard is in the same position, only the stakes are higher. Not only would she lose support for the position she holds, but she would lose her family, all of her friends, and this messiah/father figure if she opposed Chris Butler. She would be outcast from the only existence she has ever known. That’s a hugely powerful reason to continue to please Chris Butler without question.

I truly feel for Tulsi. Hers is not an enviable position. I know because I spoke out about Chris Butler a few years ago, and my family cut off all contact from me. This has happened to every other person I know of who got out. I hope one day Tulsi does reject Chris and finds her own voice. She has done amazing things and it makes me sad to think that another victim who was been abused and manipulated her whole life isn’t able to have the career she’s worked so hard for, free and clear of Chris’s toxic influence. Maybe one day she will, but while he is her guru, his influence over her makes her dangerous and unreliable, because Chris is dangerous and unpredictable.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:18 pm

:shock:

Jeez, why is the MSM not all over this? :confused:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:18 pm
:shock:

Jeez, why is the MSM not all over this? :confused:
They're busy bashing the Dems with polls about how most people don't want impeachment, and some House Dems don't want impeachment.

They don't cover issues; they don't cover the policies being implemented by the Republican thugs. They cover polls.

Then they shrug.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Clairez

Post by Clairez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Lani wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 pm
In her latest gimme money email, she's bragging about Meagan McCain liking her.
During the debates, McCain called Tulsi the “most composed and authentic.” On this week’s show, McCain shared how impressed she was with Tulsi’s debate performance and how it totally changed how she thinks about Tulsi. She read Tulsi’s July 4th statement out loud, sharing how much Tulsi’s message of freedom and love for our country resonated with her. And she even made sure the audience knew that Tulsi is the first female combat veteran in US history to run for President.
Tulsi is a spoiler.
Agreed. She never impressed me as authentic at all. I didn't trust her based on some of her previous anti-gay-rights comments in the past.

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am

Haaretz OpEd: Opinion How Tulsi Gabbard Unites Bloodstained Hindu Nationalists, the Genocidal Assad and the U.S. Far Right

The congresswoman seeking the Democratic Party's presidential nomination suffers from a severe case of selective moral outrage. Her love for massacre-complicit Modi is just as disqualifying as her apologetics for Bashar Assad

Return to “Presidential Election”