Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Post by Slim Cognito »

I fear she's the next Jill Stein.
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

It depends on how much money she has to spend and how much noise she'd make. She's basically unheard of right now. So be it, but I'd hope any who vote for her would realize that they're casting a vote for Trump.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Addie

Post by Addie »

The Oregonian: Democratic activists worry Tulsi Gabbard will launch third-party presidential run ‘to help Donald Trump win’

Lani

Post by Lani »

In her latest gimme money email, she's bragging about Meagan McCain liking her.
During the debates, McCain called Tulsi the “most composed and authentic.” On this week’s show, McCain shared how impressed she was with Tulsi’s debate performance and how it totally changed how she thinks about Tulsi. She read Tulsi’s July 4th statement out loud, sharing how much Tulsi’s message of freedom and love for our country resonated with her. And she even made sure the audience knew that Tulsi is the first female combat veteran in US history to run for President.
Tulsi is a spoiler.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

crossposting
Tulsi Gabbard, Democratic Presidential Candidate, Sues Google for $50 Million

In her lawsuit, Tulsi Gabbard asserts that Google muffled her free speech rights when it briefly suspended her ad account after the Democratic debate in June.

By Daisuke Wakabayashi
July 25, 2019

Representative Tulsi Gabbard, the long-shot presidential candidate from Hawaii, said in a federal lawsuit that Google infringed on her free speech when it briefly suspended her campaign’s advertising account after the first Democratic debate in June.

The lawsuit, filed on Thursday in a federal court in Los Angeles, is believed to be the first time a presidential candidate has sued a major technology firm.

In a twist that reflects Ms. Gabbard’s unorthodox political views, the claim that her speech was stifled by Google is similar to complaints made over the last year in Republican circles. Few Democrats have raised similar concerns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/tech ... oogle.html

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

It's a LOLsuit from a clown.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Lani

Post by Lani »

Seth Abramson

@SethAbramson
I criticized Tulsi Gabbard today... *indirectly*.
Troll attacks on my feed *instantly* went up *1000%*.
Not sure what make of it.
Oh—you're wondering what I said about Tulsi?
I mentioned media reports confirming that far-right and Russian trolls are artificially boosting her.

47.2K 9:53 AM - Aug 1, 2019

Rick Wilson ✔
@TheRickWilson
I go at T*lsi Ga**ard and suddenly I've getting phishing emails by the score and password reset requests on all my accounts.

But it's totally not the Putin machine.
40.4K 1:20 AM - Aug 2, 2019

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

That's true: far-right and Russian trolls are artificially boosting her.

Cernovich et al pushed people to donate to Tulsi (like with Mike Gravel, who threw in the towel today, all those people just wasted their money. If I had time I'd do a story about that grift, it's as evil and stupid as Revote and the rest), their purpose is to disrupt and discourage. They're upfront about it.

The question is how to stop or slow it. One thought: why not geo-target and let users shut down those country IPs? Of course proxy servers, but an awful lot would go down. If someone wanted Russian or whatever content (by IP block), they could enable it.

Seems like a fairly easy compromise that will at least slightly reduce the interference. I understand there are ways around it but there are ways to deal with that too (just not connect VPNs). Technically, they certainly can do it, Netflix and Amazon can help if they need it.
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Lani

Post by Lani »

I heard a show on MSNBC tonight about her support from the rightwing and Russia, but I can't find it on the internet. :madguy: Google Tulsi and Russia and you'll get mostly rightwing articles supporting her. :madguy:

On Seth's twitter, someone posted "Tulsi Gabbard is Russian for Jill Stein."

My latest email from the Russian Princess says she got the 130K donors to qualify for the September debate. It didn't mention if the donations were in dollars or rubles. :madguy:

We finally have someone who can successfully primary her, thank gawd! But she has A LOT money behind her.

Lani

Post by Lani »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Makes me miss my twitter account. :P :boxing:

But while looking at the thread I spotted this. It could fill in a few blanks on who prepped her and where the money is coming from, but not the Russian troll involvement

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1159 ... 93984.html
This man is Chris Butler (b. 1948), aka Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa. He's the founder of the Science of Identity Foundation (SIF), a fringe yogic sect based in Hawai’i.

He is the “guru” of #Tulsi Gabbard, who was a child of the Science of Identity cult.

[THREAD]

1/ Science of Identity revolves around the despotic whims of one man: Butler, who is treated as the embodiment of God on earth. Its members isolate themselves from outside influence: they marry each other, send their kids to SIF schools (Tulsi attended such schools), & so on.

2/ SIF members who leave the group are shunned. Outsiders who report on the group are stalked & harassed, in the dickish style pioneered by the Scientologists. Christine Gralow (@realchrissyg), who has investigated the cult extensively, has been the subject of such treatment.

The rest is way too long to repost, you are better off heading tot he website and reading the twitter thread itself.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Also this:
I really wanted to paint this picture of my childhood, because Tulsi Gabbard grew up in the same group that I did. She was subjected to the same environment I was. She’s still surrounded by this group and calls Chris Butler her guru. This is why the increased interest and her rise to power concerns me so greatly. I want to be very clear, I have no issue with Tulsi, as far as I am concerned, she’s as much a victim as I am, more so because she was groomed from an early age specifically for the path she is now on. What I am concerned about is the control I know Chris Butler has over her, the influence he has over her ability to make decisions, decisions that could become law and impact a whole lot of people. I know what an abusive, mysogynistic, homophobic, germophobic, narcissitic nightmare Chris Butler is. And I know what kind of relationship he has with Tulsi.

If I could put it in a way that maybe more people could understand, look at the relationship between Ivanka Trump and her father. It’s very clear to me that Ivanka walks a very fine line between trying to be her own person and trying not to piss off her father by doing so. Donald, by many accounts, is a person who demands utmost loyalty, and will attack anyone who doesn’t give it, and remove them swiftly from his life. So you can imagine Ivanka while being her own person, would immediately shut down her own feelings and opinions if she knew her father would see her as disloyal. She would get cut off if she lost favour. There’s a lot she has to lose if she opposed her father.

Tulsi Gabbard is in the same position, only the stakes are higher. Not only would she lose support for the position she holds, but she would lose her family, all of her friends, and this messiah/father figure if she opposed Chris Butler. She would be outcast from the only existence she has ever known. That’s a hugely powerful reason to continue to please Chris Butler without question.

I truly feel for Tulsi. Hers is not an enviable position. I know because I spoke out about Chris Butler a few years ago, and my family cut off all contact from me. This has happened to every other person I know of who got out. I hope one day Tulsi does reject Chris and finds her own voice. She has done amazing things and it makes me sad to think that another victim who was been abused and manipulated her whole life isn’t able to have the career she’s worked so hard for, free and clear of Chris’s toxic influence. Maybe one day she will, but while he is her guru, his influence over her makes her dangerous and unreliable, because Chris is dangerous and unpredictable.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

:shock:

Jeez, why is the MSM not all over this? :confused:
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:18 pm
:shock:

Jeez, why is the MSM not all over this? :confused:
They're busy bashing the Dems with polls about how most people don't want impeachment, and some House Dems don't want impeachment.

They don't cover issues; they don't cover the policies being implemented by the Republican thugs. They cover polls.

Then they shrug.
ImageImageImage

Clairez

Post by Clairez »

Lani wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 pm
In her latest gimme money email, she's bragging about Meagan McCain liking her.
During the debates, McCain called Tulsi the “most composed and authentic.” On this week’s show, McCain shared how impressed she was with Tulsi’s debate performance and how it totally changed how she thinks about Tulsi. She read Tulsi’s July 4th statement out loud, sharing how much Tulsi’s message of freedom and love for our country resonated with her. And she even made sure the audience knew that Tulsi is the first female combat veteran in US history to run for President.
Tulsi is a spoiler.
Agreed. She never impressed me as authentic at all. I didn't trust her based on some of her previous anti-gay-rights comments in the past.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Haaretz OpEd: Opinion How Tulsi Gabbard Unites Bloodstained Hindu Nationalists, the Genocidal Assad and the U.S. Far Right

The congresswoman seeking the Democratic Party's presidential nomination suffers from a severe case of selective moral outrage. Her love for massacre-complicit Modi is just as disqualifying as her apologetics for Bashar Assad

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tulsi turns to impeachment.

https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-re ... nt-inquiry
“Up to this point, I have been opposed to pursuing impeachment because it will further divide our already badly divided country.

“However, after looking carefully at the transcript of the conversation with Ukraine’s President, the whistleblower complaint, the Inspector General memo, and President Trump’s comments about the issue, unfortunately, I believe that if we do not proceed with the inquiry, it will set a very dangerous precedent. Future presidents, as well as anyone in positions of power in the government, will conclude that they can abuse their position for personal gain, without fear of accountability or consequences.

“If we allow the President to abuse his or her power, then our society will rot from top to bottom. We will turn into a banana republic, where people in positions of power—from the president all the way down to the traffic cop—will feel it's okay to abuse their power with no consequences.

“This is not the kind of country that any of us want to see.
ImageImageImage

Jim

Post by Jim »

Meh, as much law-breaking that Trump's been doing, I'm not worried about Dems falling in line. Now, if we can get a thread of pubs falling in line, you got something truly earth-shattering!

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Yes, but the punchline is worth it:

ImageImageImage

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I would have put money on her for dead-last Democrat to go for impeachment.

Reading above, I see that she is basically a cult member. I’m not surprised. Also, I’ve heard more than a few men who seem to be interested in her based on how attractive they find her.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Who would trust Tulsi to have their back in combat? Yeah, me neither.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Lani

Post by Lani »

Tulsi is stamping her little liddle' feetsies and threatening to do ... something ... to show the DNC who's the boss!

Tulsi Gabbard Threatens To Boycott Presidential Debate
https://www.civilbeat.org/beat/tulsi-ga ... al-debate/
WASHINGTON — U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard announced Thursday that she’s considering a boycott of next week’s Democratic National Committee presidential debate in Westerville, Ohio.
:snippity:
On Thursday, the Hawaii congresswoman issued a video statement in which she accused both the DNC and “corporate” media of trying to “usurp” the role of voters when it comes to selecting the nominee who will take on Donald Trump in 2020.

“The 2016 Democratic Primary election was rigged by the DNC and their partners in the corporate media against Bernie Sanders,” Gabbard said.

“In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.”
:roll:

From the comments, where Tulsi bots and trolls have not yet descended en masse:
"I'm guessing T Gabbard is taking a page out of the Trump playbook by making accusations but not providing any evidence. Her statement on being suppressed by Google while true on the face of it, Google did respond on why. Ironically, Gabbard was the most searched for presidential candidate after the debates. She was late for the impeachment bandwagon and is being indecisive on her ability to show or not to the debate."
"This moves enables Tulsi to spend more time on right wing media and less time representing her Hawaii constituents."

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Men. Gabbard is nothing more than a North Vietnamese Mig flying undetected in a group of B-52's and radioing the information back to the enemy.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Lani

Post by Lani »

What, exactly, is Tulsi Gabbard up to?

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/10/ ... ard-up-to/
Among her fellow Democrats, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has struggled to make headway as a presidential candidate, barely cracking the 2% mark in the polls needed to qualify for Tuesday night’s debate. She is now injecting a bit of chaos into her own party’s primary race, threatening to boycott that debate to protest what she sees as a “rigging” of the 2020 election. That’s left some Democrats wondering what, exactly, she is up to in the race, while others worry about supportive signs from online bot activity and the Russian news media.

Perhaps strangest of all is the unusual array of Americans who cannot seem to get enough of her.

On podcasts and online videos, in interviews and Twitter feeds, alt-right internet stars, white nationalists, libertarian activists and some of the biggest boosters of Trump heap praise on Gabbard. They like the Hawaiian congresswoman’s isolationist foreign policy views. They like her support for drug decriminalization. They like what she sees as censorship by big technology platforms.

Then there is 4chan, the notoriously toxic online message board, where some right-wing trolls and anti-Semites fawn over Gabbard, calling her “Mommy” and praising her willingness to criticize Israel. In April, the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, took credit for Gabbard’s qualification for the first two Democratic primary debates.

Return to “Presidential Election”