Kamala Harris 2020

Kendra

Re: Kamala Harris 2020

Post by Kendra »

Orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 pm 1:10pm Jeff Zeleny on CNN is reporting Kamala's out too also. How she finishes this is key to what happens to her next. Totally respect Stern, but for VP, Democrats don't need California so unsure. But as AG in a D administration? Possible.
I think she'd make an excellent AG. Someone tough is going to be needed to clean up the pile of :shit: left by Trump and Barr.

bob

Post by bob »

Kamala Harris is dropping out of the presidential election today
Harris, however, is still on the New Hampshire ballot (and some others, I would guess). Meaning a birther ballot challenge isn't totally out.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Bob always sees the bright side, love you Bob! :P

Now the discussion is about how it's narrowed down to white candidates (did they forget Cory?).

Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

I'm seeing a lot of people who think she'll be VP or even better, Attorney General. It would be a treat to have her putting Trump and his henchassholes in prison.

:boxing:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I really wanted to be a Kamala supporter. But she couldn't make the sale.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

bob wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:28 pm
Harris, however, is still on the New Hampshire ballot (and some others, I would guess). Meaning a birther ballot challenge isn't totally out.
The twenty surviving birthers will celebrate this as a win.

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:30 pm
I was a strong supporter. I realized a while back she wasn't breaking through so this isn't surprising, but still saddens me. Nonetheless, I think she'd make a dynamite AG.

ImageImageImage x4
voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

Harris was never my first choice, but i haven't changed my mind on her candidacy
Given her accomplishments, background, prosecutorial ferocity, and her moderately liberal approach, Harris always struck me as a Democratic triangulator's dream candidate. But neither the names, nor the money ever got behind her, instead prefering the old white guy, the young white guys, and the white guys no one could tell apart.
& that's why i don't get paid to be a pundit i suppose!

“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn
bob

Post by bob »

Orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pmNow the discussion is about how it's narrowed down to white candidates (did they forget Cory?).
Booker (and Castro, and Gabbard, and Yang) have not yet qualified for the December debate.

Lani

Post by Lani »

Gabbard claims she met the requirements for the next debate.

bob

Post by bob »

Lani wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 pm Gabbard claims she met the requirements for the next debate.
Politico:
Two other candidates are on the precipice of qualifying for the December debate: Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang. Yang and Gabbard each need one more poll to qualify for the debate, as both say they have crossed the donor threshold.
Deadline is December 12.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:05 pm
Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:30 pm
I was a strong supporter. I realized a while back she wasn't breaking through so this isn't surprising, but still saddens me. Nonetheless, I think she'd make a dynamite AG.
:yeah:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Lauren Rankin wrote:Two SITTING WOMEN SENATORS, Gillibrand and Harris, were forced out of this race while non-office-holders Bloomberg and Steyer bought their way in. And it's not just because they can, but because our broken system continues to allows white, male billionaires like them to do it.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:like:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

I am bitterly disappointed. I was hoping she would hang on to S. Carolina at least. Biden is ahead there but I think she could have come in a strong second. A Biden-Harris ticket would be dynamic but Orlylicious makes a good point that Dems don't need a CA VP candidate. So, Harris for AG.

bob

Post by bob »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:16 pmA Biden-Harris ticket would be dynamic but Orlylicious makes a good point that Dems don't need a CA VP candidate.
The conventional wisdom is that, if the party's presidential nominee is not a woman, then the vice-presidential nominee should be. ("Should" doing all the work, of course.)

If that's the scenario, Harris will still be a top-tier VP possibility, electoral math notwithstanding.

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

bob wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm
SuzieC wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:16 pmA Biden-Harris ticket would be dynamic but Orlylicious makes a good point that Dems don't need a CA VP candidate.
The conventional wisdom is that, if the party's presidential nominee is not a woman, then the vice-presidential nominee should be. ("Should" doing all the work, of course.)

If that's the scenario, Harris will still be a top-tier VP possibility, electoral math notwithstanding.
Keeping fingers crossed!!

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

341K likes.

Kamala 341.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 pm 1:10pm Jeff Zeleny on CNN is reporting Kamala's out too also. How she finishes this is key to what happens to her next. Totally respect Stern, but for VP, Democrats don't need California so unsure. But as AG in a D administration? Possible.
Democrats will need WOC to vote. Kamala insures that.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Peeps, this post was on May 1, 2019. Now THAT'S what I call some prognosticatin'!!
Sterngard Friegen wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:49 pm Harris seems like a formidable cross-examiner. I was disappointed with her examination that went nowhere with Kavanaugh, but she still can make 'em squirm. And Barr is a very squirmy bastard. I enjoyed listening to it on the wireless whilst driving the horseless carriage in genteel Beverly Hills today.

By the way:

BIDEN-HARRIS 2020!

Return to “Presidential Election”