Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. 2020 - 4/25/19 He's In!

Estiveo

Re: Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. 2020 - 4/25/19 He's In!

Post by Estiveo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:26 pm

Exactly.
Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:30 pm

:like:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:18 pm

realist wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:20 pm
Hurtzi wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:48 pm
Is he crazy or what

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEL ... id=US%3Aen
No. He’s proud of the fact that he (and others at the time) was able to work across the aisle with people he abhored, who held abhorrent ideals, and still get things accomplished for the common good. Which is what this country needs to return to if we’re to continue to thrive and return to being world leaders.
THIS -SO much this.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 pm

I don't see lasting damage coming from this. Democratic voters know Joe Biden. They know he's a good-hearted man who, every so often, sticks a foot in his mouth. We may be holding our breath for a few days, but it sorts itself out. I'm more concerned with the campaign operation. They should be ahead of stuff like this.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Dammit. Page Six & now the right wing machine is in full bore. They're seriously going to run the Hillary playbook on Joe Biden. Hunter is not helping! Here come the oppo dumps, the only possible good news is get it out now. But come on, Hunter, you knew this was coming. Heavy has quick bio on her and she appears to have been a champion athlete. Maybe a friend of Huckabee Sanders? Why always drama in Arkansas (which according to the Heavy article can be an issue for the child support claim). :brickwallsmall:
Lunden Roberts: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
By Igor Derysh
Updated Jun 20, 2019 at 5:15pm

Lunden Roberts says Hunter Biden is the father of her child in a paternity suit. Lunden Roberts is an Arkansas woman suing Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, alleging that he is the father of her baby, The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports. Roberts, 28, filed a petition for paternity and child support against Biden on May 28, just days after Biden married Melissa Cohen in California.

The petition claims Roberts and Biden, 49, were “in a relationship” and that a baby was born in August 2018 “as a result of that relationship.” The suit asks the court to award her child support and provide health insurance for the child. Biden has not yet commented on the story. Biden’s relationship history has been increasingly public. He was listed as a customer of Ashley Madison when the pro-adultery site was hacked in 2015. He separated from his wife, who accused him of spending money on drugs and prostitutes, in 2017 and later dated Hallie Biden, the widow of Hunter’s late brother Beau Biden. He married a South African woman named Melissa Cohen, who is 17 years younger than him, just last month.
Lunden Alexis Roberts is from Batesville, Arkansas. She is a graduate of Southside-Batesville High School, where she was an all-conference and all-state basketball player and an all-state softball player. As of 2010, she held the Arkansas state record for single-season free throw percentage, sinking 96.4 percent of her free throws during the 2007-2008 season. She was a McDonald’s All-American nominee and played for the Arkansas Mavericks AAU team, helping lead them to a state championship and a fifth-place finish in the 2008 AAU National Championships.

After graduating from high school in 2009, Roberts attended Western Illinois. Her coach at the time, Leslie Crane, said in a profile on the college’s website, “Lunden is a great ball handler and can finish at the glass or with a jump shot. She is very savvy on the floor and has a lot of game experience. In Arkansas, teams play 30 plus games a year, and with AAU basketball added on top of that, she’ll come in with plenty of game experience.”

After one season at Western Illinois, Roberts transferred closer to home to play at Arkansas State University. She played one season for the Red Wolves and then appears to have left the team. She graduated from Arkansas State in 2014 with a degree in interdisciplinary studies, according to the college’s website.

Little else is known about Roberts. Her social media profiles have been taken down and she has not responded to requests for comment. The Arkansas State website says she is, the “daughter of Kim and Rob Roberts,” and “also enjoys hunting and shooting skeet.” Her father owns a gun works shop in Batesville.

Roberts was living in Washington D.C. two years ago studying crime scene investigation in graduate school and working with the FBI, according to a family member’s Facebook post. It is not clear what school she was attending to get her master’s degree. Public records show she was living in D.C. and Virginia from 2015 to 2018.
https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/lunden-roberts/

So Jim Hoft's Gateway Pundit:
OH MY! Hunter Biden Accused of Fathering Child With Arkansas Woman – While He Was Dating His Dead Brother’s Wife
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila June 20, 2019 435 Comments
2.8KShare203TweetEmail

Oh my!

A 28-year-old Arkansas woman is claiming that Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden is the father of her 10-month-old child — and she’s suing to prove it.

Lunden Alexis Roberts claims Hunter Biden fathered her child while he was in a relationship with his own late brother’s wife (former sister-in-law), Hallie Biden.

You read that right. Hunter Biden began dating his brother’s widow in 2017 and they just split up a couple months ago.

Page Six reported:
Lunden Alexis Roberts, 28, filed a petition for paternity and child support against Joe Biden’s lawyer son, saying she gave birth to his kid, “Baby Doe,” in August 2018, according to court papers.

The two-page suit was filed in Independence County, Arkansas, on May 28 — nearly two weeks after Hunter tied the knot with a South African woman named Melissa Cohen.

Roberts wants a court to establish that the 49-year-old father of three is her baby’s biological dad. She is also seeking child support and for him to provide health insurance for the now-10-month-old infant. All out-of-pocket expenses would be split between the two parents, the filing said.

The petition does not say how Roberts and Hunter met or how long they were together.

But the birth of the child came while Hunter was in a relationship with Hallie Biden, his late brother Beau’s wife. The former in-laws started dating in 2017 and split in April, Page Six exclusively reported.
https://pagesix.com/2019/06/20/hunter-b ... sas-woman/

Last month Breitbart News exclusively obtained a police report from November of 2016, just days before Election Day describing how a crack pipe was found in Hunter Biden’s rental car.

A used crack pipe, credit cards, a Delaware Attorney General badge, US Secret Service business cards, two ID’s belonging to Hunter Biden, son of former VP Joe Biden were found in a Hertz rental car in Arizona.

Imagine if a crack pipe was found in Don Jr.’s or Eric Trump’s rental car or if either of them fathered a child while dating a dead sibling’s spouse — there would be wall-to-wall coverage of it in the fake news media.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... hers-wife/

Meanwhile, in an NRCC meeting...
Emmer { National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Tom Emmer) also defended the NRCC’s communications team, which is facing criticism from even GOP lawmakers for its personal attack on a Democrat — calling the 5’6” New York Rep. Max Rose “little” — and undercutting Republican leadership’s support for congressional pay raises with a press release slamming Democrats for backing the salary bump.

“Our communications team has a direct mandate from me and Leader [Kevin] McCarthy to be ruthless,” he said.
They aren't kidding. Anybody else want to move to Canada? Only 502 days until Election Day!
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:44 pm

The problem is that OTOH Jim Hoft & his ilk are fucken idiots & a threat to the country & OTOH, Joe Biden seems determined to erase every bit of goodwill he earned over the last ten years. It’s as if he asked himself “Can I win the Democratic nomination on name recognition alone?”
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:05 pm

WaPo: Joe Biden's letters to segregationist Sen. James O. Eastland

The letters were obtained from the University of Mississippi, which houses Sen. James O. Eastland’s archived papers.

The correspondence from 1972 to 1978 shows Joe Biden, at the time a young senator, trying to establish a relationship with Eastland, a staunch segregationist. The letters highlight Biden's committee assignments and antibusing legislation. Read the story.

... Click here to download the pdf.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:14 am

realist wrote:
Hurtzi wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:48 pm
Is he crazy or what ?

Democrats Blast Biden For Recalling 'Civil' Relationship With Segregationists

At the height of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s landmark Montgomery bus boycott, Eastland told a segregationist rally that "In every stage of the bus boycott we have been oppressed and degraded because of black, slimy, juicy, unbearably stinking n*****s." According to Robert Caro's Master Of The Senate, Eastland went on to urge the crowd to "abolish the Negro race" with "guns, bows and arrows, slingshots, and knives."
Biden had a "Civil Relationship" with that man and is still proud of that ?

Dump him.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEL ... id=US%3Aen
No. He’s proud of the fact that he (and others at the time) was able to work across the aisle with people he abhored, who held abhorrent ideals, and still get things accomplished for the common good. Which is what this country needs to return to if we’re to continue to thrive and return to being world leaders.

Give me a break. Have you read his letters to the "Honorable " Eastland under the link provided by Addie in her last post? I have.

They are about

- being promoted
- stop busing
- get blacks out of the streets and the younger ones into prison.

On page 5 Biden signs "With warmest personal regards ".

Would you write that to a person you abhor?

Finally: read page 30

Added:

Biden was 30 in 72. I was 24 and would never have addressed a filthy racist like Eastland "With warmest peronal regards."
In 72 I was aware of southern racism for 10 years already, and I am sure not to be the only one.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

realist

Post by realist » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:53 am

Read it all.

I stand by my statements.

And I was 23. So what?
ImageX 4 ImageX36

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 am

Lest we forget, from the point of view of the Right Wing, negotiation and compromise with us is exactly the same... working with people they despise, who are immoral and dangerous.

Biden being cordial with a deplorable man is actually an example of what we need to do in this country. It doesn't mean agreeing with them, or supporting their agenda. It means attempting to get along somehow, not just dig trenches and throw grenades.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 am

realist wrote:

Agreed. I don't get the outrage here. It's not like Biden could tell other states who to send to DC. Was he supposed to have a hissy fit and refuse to do his job because he didn't like another senator? If so, he'd have to change his affiliation to R.
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

realist

Post by realist » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 am

RoadScholar wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 am
Lest we forget, from the point of view of the Right Wing, negotiation and compromise with us is exactly the same... working with people they despise, who are immoral and dangerous.

Biden being cordial with a deplorable man is actually an example of what we need to do in this country. It doesn't mean agreeing with them, or supporting their agenda. It means attempting to get along somehow, not just dig trenches and throw grenades.
:thumbs:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

realist

Post by realist » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 am
realist wrote:

Agreed. I don't get the outrage here. It's not like Biden could tell other states who to send to DC. Was he supposed to have a hissy fit and refuse to do his job because he didn't like another senator? If so, he'd have to change his affiliation to R.
Indeed.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:31 am

realist wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 am
Slim Cognito wrote:
realist wrote:

Indeed.
:like:

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 am

The Atlantic: Biden's Gaffe Exposed the Crack in His Coalition

The former vice president draws particular support from older white voters and from African Americans—but when he waxes nostalgic, he reminds them of their differences.
FiveThirtyEight - Nate Silver: How To Tell When Biden Has Committed A Real Gaffe

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:20 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
realist wrote:

I see no need to state my opinion quite as confrontationally as our esteemed Hurtzi, but I don't see Biden's collaboration with Eastland as a distinction, either. To be sure, cooperation across the aisle is often necessary in pursuit of a common good, but in this instance the pursuit wasn't even that, the pursuit was legislation aimed at forestalling efforts to integrate schools.

Now considered in the context of a life-long career, I don't think that's an utterly damning act—and I'm sure that excuses could be made by appealing to Biden's youth or inexperience or the tenor of the times (tho 1977/78 is def not 1970/71)—but it's definitely not something to take pride in. Biden's proper response, IMO, would be to place the episode in its period, to recognize the ways that anti-busing legislation sought to halt school integration, take some responsibility for having a role in that, and reflect on the way he learned differently. But because Biden's apparently decided to be the dude who has nothing to learn, I'd say the chances of that are slim. And, honestly, at this moment, that troubles me more than something he did 40+ years ago.

I mean, I've met Biden and he was charming and gracious and I'm certain he's no worse than most politicians and much better than a lot of them, but I sure find him less appealing as a Presidential candidate than I did as a VP candidate. And one of the reasons he's less appealing, I think—besides that fact that he seems to bring nothing to this particular race except some nebulous aura of "electibility"—is that bookended with Obama, Biden was a symbol of overcoming—youth overcoming age, white politics overcome by people of color—and a promise that such a thing could be done cooperatively. By himself, Biden merely looks like that past.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Fair enough.
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm

New York Times - Alexander Burns
Biden Has Not Changed. The Politics, Culture and Mood of His Party Have. ...

In other words, Mr. Biden seemed to insist, he has not changed — he remains the same man who left office in 2017 as a beloved figure among Democrats, and a friend to lawmakers like Mr. Booker.

Yet if Mr. Biden remains the same character he was two and a half years ago, the political and cultural environment around him is utterly different. Democratic politics is now defined by a mood of emergency, and a give-no-quarter ethos on issues like racial justice and abortion rights where liberals view their fundamental values as under assault.

Mr. Biden’s resistance to accommodating that mood may well come to define his campaign.

Stories that voters once heard as folksy tales of the last century’s Senate no longer sound so benign to an electorate convulsed by President Trump’s blunt appeals to racial animus. A majority of Americans believe race relations have worsened under Mr. Trump, and liberal constituencies appear far less receptive to the idea that even the worst racists can be negotiated with. ...

Yet Mr. Biden’s belief in the power of bipartisanship, of looking past ideological and even moral lines to forge deals in government, is far more central to his political identity than even his views on abortion. His ability to reach out to conservatives and woo them to his side is fundamental to his campaign strategy and to his theory of governing: Mr. Biden has claimed that he could win states as red as South Carolina in the general election, and that he could jawbone even the Republican senators who thwarted the Obama administration’s agenda into cooperating with him.
Adding:
The Atlantic: Joe Biden’s Endless Search for the Middle on Race

Newspaper archives are full of the former vice president’s efforts to explain his thinking on civil rights.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:08 pm

voxpopuluxe wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:20 am
Slim Cognito wrote:
realist wrote:

I see no need to state my opinion quite as confrontationally as our esteemed Hurtzi, but I don't see Biden's collaboration with Eastland as a distinction, either. To be sure, cooperation across the aisle is often necessary in pursuit of a common good, but in this instance the pursuit wasn't even that, the pursuit was legislation aimed at forestalling efforts to integrate schools.

Now considered in the context of a life-long career, I don't think that's an utterly damning act—and I'm sure that excuses could be made by appealing to Biden's youth or inexperience or the tenor of the times (tho 1977/78 is def not 1970/71)—but it's definitely not something to take pride in. Biden's proper response, IMO, would be to place the episode in its period, to recognize the ways that anti-busing legislation sought to halt school integration, take some responsibility for having a role in that, and reflect on the way he learned differently. But because Biden's apparently decided to be the dude who has nothing to learn, I'd say the chances of that are slim. And, honestly, at this moment, that troubles me more than something he did 40+ years ago.

I mean, I've met Biden and he was charming and gracious and I'm certain he's no worse than most politicians and much better than a lot of them, but I sure find him less appealing as a Presidential candidate than I did as a VP candidate. And one of the reasons he's less appealing, I think—besides that fact that he seems to bring nothing to this particular race except some nebulous aura of "electibility"—is that bookended with Obama, Biden was a symbol of overcoming—youth overcoming age, white politics overcome by people of color—and a promise that such a thing could be done cooperatively. By himself, Biden merely looks like that past.
Thank you for the "esteemed ". For me Biden's fight against busing can only be explained by racism. I hate racists.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
New York Times - Alexander Burns
Biden Has Not Changed. The Politics, Culture and Mood of His Party Have. ...

Mr. Biden has claimed that he could win states as red as South Carolina in the general election, and that he could jawbone even the Republican senators who thwarted the Obama administration’s agenda into cooperating with him.
One might reasonably ask if Joe Biden can out talk the Senators who thwarted the Obama agenda, then where was he when they were a'thwartin'?

But, yeah, Burns gets it exactly right, IMO.

(In some ways the debate over Biden among left-liberals seems similar to the current debate between David French & Sohrab Ahmari on the right. In each case, one faction fears that their opponents constitute an existential threat to their livelihoods, while another faction downplays those fears and believes that what threats do exist are negotiable. Now I happen to believe that French is only marginally less of a dunce than the delusional and disingenious Ahmari, but then, I'm gratified to imagine that they'd probably say the same about me.)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
The Atlantic: Joe Biden’s Endless Search for the Middle on Race
Ouch. :cantlook:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:33 pm

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:24 am

WaPo Editorial
Biden, again, chose his words poorly. But his broader point was right.

THROUGHOUT HIS long career, former vice president Joe Biden has displayed an unaccountable knack for saying not quite the right thing, at not quite the right time. Gaffes helped derail his previous presidential campaigns, in 1988 and 2008, and his chronic foot-in-mouth condition flared up again this week.

Reminiscing to assembled campaign donors about an earlier time of more “civility” in Washington, Mr. Biden noted his cooperative work with two segregationist Southern Democrats in the Senate, Herman Talmadge of Georgia and James O. Eastland of Mississippi. Mr. Eastland, Biden said, “never called me ‘boy,’ he always called me ‘son.’ ” He added: “We got things done. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. But today, you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Rivals for the Democratic nomination and other critics lamented Mr. Biden’s words and demanded an apology. To the extent he trivialized the odious custom of addressing African American men as “boy,” he owes the public clarification, beyond an unnamed staffer’s comment to The Post that Mr. Biden had garbled an oft-told anecdote to the effect that Mr. Eastland used to address him as “son” instead of “senator.”

On Mr. Biden’s broader point, however — making progress on certain issues might require cooperation, compromise or even collaboration with politicians who would otherwise be one’s bitter opponents — he is right to stick to his guns. No one should have to apologize for realism in a worthy cause, at least no one who’s serious about political leadership, as opposed to political posturing. This is true even at a time when Republican leaders have embraced extremism or have waived principle altogether in a pitiful effort to remain in President Trump’s good graces.

The GOP may be the party of nihilism, but what’s the upside of responding in kind? As Mr. Biden aptly put it: “If you start off with the notion there’s nothing you can do, well why don’t you all go home then, man? Or let’s start a real physical revolution if you’re talking about it. Because we have to be able to change what we’re doing within our system.” Defending Mr. Biden, Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) noted: “During the height of the civil rights movement, we worked with people and got to know people that were members of the Klan — people who opposed us, even people who beat us and arrested us and jailed us. We never gave up on our fellow human beings, and I will not give up on any human being.”

Mr. Biden’s insistence on restoring the politics of give-and-take is correct on the merits. It may also be politically wise. Huge majorities of Democrats surveyed favor a nominee who can “unite Americans around shared beliefs” to one who will “fight against extreme right-wing beliefs” (though the two are obviously not mutually exclusive). Exhausted and repelled by Mr. Trump, the electorate yearns for constructive governance, a healthy sentiment that Mr. Biden, characteristically clumsily, tried to express.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:08 pm

Politico
Another day on Joe Biden’s damage control tour ...

On the eve of Saturday’s Planned Parenthood forum and a state Democratic Party convention across the street, Biden’s campaign announced endorsements from nearly a dozen current and former South Carolina mayors. Biden said it seems “like I’ve lived in South Carolina for a long time.”

His supporters hoisted “Biden” signs onto mechanical lifts in the state’s capital city. And as he spoke at the convention Saturday, he told a sea of Democrats he has “never been more optimistic about this country.”

“We ought to pick our heads up,” Biden said.

He called for ending private prisons and mandatory minimum sentences, and for requiring treatment in jail for people suffering from addiction. The crowd roared when he said he would work to decriminalize marijuana and “automatically expunge records for those who have been convicted.”

Biden’s campaign said that by July, it expects to have 35 staffers on the ground in South Carolina, with two more state offices opening that month.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:57 pm

Addie wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:24 am
WaPo Editorial
Biden, again, chose his words poorly. But his broader point was right.

”The GOP may be the party of nihilism, but what’s the upside of responding in kind? As Mr. Biden aptly put it: “If you start off with the notion there’s nothing you can do, well why don’t you all go home then, man? Or let’s start a real physical revolution if you’re talking about it. Because we have to be able to change what we’re doing within our system.” Defending Mr. Biden, Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) noted: “During the height of the civil rights movement, we worked with people and got to know people that were members of the Klan — people who opposed us, even people who beat us and arrested us and jailed us. We never gave up on our fellow human beings, and I will not give up on any human being.”
I mean, the real difference of opinion here is whether or not you believe that the current GOP is an existential threat to the country & its citizens & its inhabitants or not. If you do, then you’re more likely to believe that it’s more important to oppose the GOP (in any variety of ways) than to emphasize cooperation first & foremost. If you don’t, then, of course, cooperation & business as usual becomes a lot more palatable.

Return to “Presidential Election”