Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. 2020 - 4/25/19 He's In!

Hurtzi

Re: Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. 2020 - 4/25/19 He's In!

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am

SLQ wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:24 pm
I'm glad to see Obama is on the case!
Can he stitch lips?
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 am

Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am
SLQ wrote:
Can he stitch lips?
Snark noted but not much appreciated in this context. Let me rephrase to capture my intended meaning. I’m glad to see Obama is interacting with all the campaigns because he and his team had great success in 2008 and 2012 in reaching voters. I’m also happy to see that his friendship with Biden is as strong as ever and he’s comfortable being frank with, as well as considerate of, of his friend. Happy now? :sick: :blink:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:04 pm

SLQ wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 am
Hurtzi wrote:
SLQ wrote:
Can he stitch lips?
Snark noted but not much appreciated in this context. Let me rephrase to capture my intended meaning. I’m glad to see Obama is interacting with all the campaigns because he and his team had great success in 2008 and 2012 in reaching voters. I’m also happy to see that his friendship with Biden is as strong as ever and he’s comfortable being frank with, as well as considerate of, of his friend. Happy now? :sick: :blink:
How would you stop Biden uttering nonsense - or worse?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Hand Joe Biden a twix when he's about to say something stupid. Just have him chew it over when he talks

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:04 pm
SLQ wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 am
Hurtzi wrote:

Can he stitch lips?
How would you stop Biden uttering nonsense - or worse?
I didn’t say I could do anything or that Obama can do anything. I have no idea why you’re taking what I said and spinning it into some kind of challenge. But I’m not inclined to engage further.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Pro tip: Say as little as possible. Platitudes about Obamacare and criticism of Trump. If you feel like saying anything else, swallow a napkin.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Biden: 'There's an awful lot of really good Republicans out there'
They should ask him who.

Bet he comes up with Bob Dole, Richard Lugar and Arlen Spector.
Thanks pal.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 am

From yesterday

CNN - Jennifer Agiesta
CNN Poll: Joe Biden regains double-digit lead over 2020 Democratic field

WASHINGTON (CNN)Joe Biden has expanded his edge over the Democratic field in a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS, with 29% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning registered voters saying they back the former vice president.

That's up 7 points compared with a late June CNN survey. No other candidate has made meaningful gains over that time.

The shift returns Biden to a double-digit lead over his nearest competitors, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 15% and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 14%. Their support is largely unchanged since earlier this summer.

Aside from Biden's increase, the only statistically meaningful change in the candidate standings is a 12-point decline in support for California Sen. Kamala Harris, who stood at 17% support in the June poll but now has the backing of 5% of potential Democratic voters. That's similar to the level of support she had in the spring before a surge following her initial debate performance.

The June CNN poll was conducted in the days immediately following the first round of Democratic National Committee-sanctioned debates among the presidential candidates. Biden's performance in that debate was widely panned, while Harris had a standout moment challenging him over his views on school busing integration. Biden's numbers have rebounded since then in other polling as well, and Harris's have returned to roughly where they were pre-debate.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am

Platitudes, Joe, just platitudes. And stop talking about how you can tame the Republicans. Save the poetry for the Democratic convention. And always keep it tightly scripted. The teleprompter is your friend.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am
Platitudes, Joe, just platitudes. And stop talking about how you can tame the Republicans. Save the poetry for the Democratic convention. And always keep it tightly scripted. The teleprompter is your friend.
Learn from trump. Your supporters will not swallow just any spewage, unlike trump's supporters.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:55 am

Do any prospective voters actually care about Biden gaffes? Trump is calling himself the second coming of God, we're clearly grading on a curve right now.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 am

I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone but the Commenterati gives a flying crap about Biden's Gaffes. he was gaffing away for 8 years in Obama's presidency and the only people who gave half a shit were the mouthbreathers, and even they could not be bothered to raise more than half a sneer.

The real story is that When Biden gains and loses, he sucks away support from the other candidate except Warren, who'se support is slowly but steadily growing and not ever losing anything at all.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:48 pm

USA Today: Biden’s doctor says he ‘is in excellent physical condition’ days after Trump suggests otherwise

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:28 pm

Whatever anyone thinks of Biden or his gaffes, he’s trim. I can’t say the same for the healthiest president ever.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:53 am

CNN: Giuliani says he met with Ukrainian official to discuss Biden

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:10 pm

The State
Joe Biden courts churchgoers in South Carolina with new faith outreach director

WASHINGTON -- Another Democratic presidential candidate has hired a staffer whose sole responsibility will be to harness South Carolina’s influential church voting bloc ahead of the 2020 primary.

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s S.C. campaign has brought on Michael McClain to be its faith outreach director in the critical early primary state.

The campaign made the announcement Thursday along with a slate of 39 new local faith leader endorsements, most of whom McClain helped secure over his first two weeks on the job, the campaign confirmed.

McClain has served for years as the pastor of Historic Liberty Hill Missionary Baptist Church in Catawba and as the national outreach coordinator for the Washington, D.C.-based National Religious Partnership for the Environment.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:12 pm

:boxing:

The Hill
Biden blasts Trump's 'embarrassing' actions heading into G-7 summit

Former Vice President Joe Biden excoriated President Trump Friday over his “embarrassing” actions toward U.S. allies just before the president heads to France for the G-7 summit.

The White House hopeful, who has repeatedly touted the need to restore America’s reputation abroad on the campaign trail, singled Trump out for the controversy over his desire to purchase Greenland and bashed him over his recent criticism about the U.S. allies’s financial contributions to NATO and his calls for Russia to rejoin the G-7.

“He has insulted our closest partners and denigrated one of our most capable allies, Denmark—a country that has repeatedly fought and sacrificed alongside our troops. He issued yet another attack on NATO, reiterating his belief that NATO is an American-run protection racket where our allies better pay up, or else," Biden said in a statement.

"And he advocated for Russia’s return to the G7, despite Vladimir Putin’s long and growing record of aggressive behavior and provocations against the United States and our allies in Europe,” Biden added.

“Trump’s actions and words are not just embarrassing—they are making the American people less safe. Every incident further isolates us on the global stage, reinforcing that his version of ‘America First’ means America alone,” the former vice president also said.

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:37 am

LA Times
The promise and peril of Joe Biden’s front-runner campaign ...

Four months since he launched his bid, Biden is intensifying his campaign’s focus on the electability argument. His first television ad emphasizes polls that show him beating Trump. The candidate stresses the point at campaign events. Even his wife, Jill Biden, pointedly argued to Democrats here that they should vote for Biden even if they liked another candidate better because he had the best chance of winning next year.

The strategy takes a big risk because it hinges not on voters’ passion for Biden but on their perception of his ability to win — a strength that could erode as voters get to know some of his less prominent rivals.

Biden’s aides defend their emphasis. “We are advertising on what people want to hear,” said one Biden ally who asked not to be named to discuss campaign strategy. “We want voters to know we understand that what they care about is beating Trump, not ‘vote for me and hold your nose.’”

But “when you have to tell people you’re electable, you’re probably not as electable as you think you are,” said Andrew Smith, a political science professor at the University of New Hampshire.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Politico
Joe Biden took questions from black reporters for 90 minutes. He did not disappoint.

The ex-VP explained what he'd want in a running mate and acknowledged his continued support among African Americans isn't guaranteed.

Joe Biden’s campaign convened a dozen or so black reporters from major media outlets Tuesday for what was offered as a private, off-the-record sit-down with the Democratic front-runner.

But Biden opened the discussion allowing himself to be quoted. And then he started talking, he talked some more, and before everyone knew it, the former vice president had held forth for 90 minutes. That's an extraordinary amount of time for a major presidential candidate to meet the media in a single sitting.

Donning a blue suit and white shirt with no tie, Biden greeted each reporter and took a question — in some cases, multiple questions — from each one. He then darted off to catch a flight to Richmond, Va., where he was scheduled to hold a fundraiser before heading to South Carolina for a campaign swing on Wednesday.

Biden didn't make big news, but he offered his insights on an array of interesting topics and kept the group's attention during the marathon session. Here are some of the highlights.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:17 am

Politico
Biden pledges 'absolute wall' to separate relatives' business dealings

SPARTANBURG, S.C. — Joe Biden pledged to erect an "absolute wall" between the presidency and his family's business dealings and said he has never discussed business with relatives, following an event here on Wednesday.

"I have never discussed, with my son or my brother or with anyone else, anything having to do with their businesses. Period," he said. "And what I will do is the same thing we did in our administration. There will be an absolute wall between personal and private [business interests] and the government. There wasn’t any hint of scandal at all when we were there. And I’m going to propose the same kind of strict, strict rules. That’s why I never talked with my son or my brother or anyone else — even distant family — about their business interests. Period.”

The former vice president's comments, in response to a question from POLITICO, come amid allegations that his younger brother James and his son Hunter have sought to use his political connections to enrich themselves, and amid scrutiny of Hunter's business dealings in China and Ukraine. ...

There is no evidence that Biden has taken any official actions to benefit his relatives' business ventures. Nor, however, does the candidate mention Hunter or his two younger brothers on the campaign trail.

Biden made his comments at a South Carolina stop after he discussed his new dramatic ad concerning health care that features the death of his wife and daughter in a 1972 car crash and his son, Beau Biden’s, brain cancer diagnosis that ultimately claimed his life in 2015.

Hurtzi

He may be senile too

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:38 am

From esquire

Maybe Joe Biden's False War Story Was a Lie. Or Maybe It Was Something Worse.

The former vice president confused three different stories, and it's not his only incident like this from the campaign trail.
By Jack Holmes
Aug 30, 2019
/quote]

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiYm ... id=US%3Aen

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:22 am

Salon - Paul Rosenberg: What if Joe Biden wins? It could mean long-term trouble for Democrats

Sure, the former veep is "better than Trump." But his presidency could sabotage the Democratic Party's future

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:20 pm

Addie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:22 am
Salon - Paul Rosenberg: What if Joe Biden wins? It could mean long-term trouble for Democrats

Sure, the former veep is "better than Trump." But his presidency could sabotage the Democratic Party's future
:yankyank:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:40 pm

:yeah:

Getting really sick of this over-hyped warnings of trouble for Dems.

For one thing, the political situation of the country is too complex to take a position that any one Democratic candidate, at any one time, means much of anything.

For another, fear-mongering, not my favorite.

For a third, it's not the dems, assholes, it's the fucking country.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Presidential Election”