Trump-Pence 2020

Foggy

Re: Trump-Pence 2020

Post by Foggy » Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm in favor of punishment for Pence. :thumbs:

Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.
WWG1WGA

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Tue May 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Richard Cohen, writing in the Washington Post, tells us whar the Democrats need to conquer in 2020:
Trump’s real damage is simply existential — he exists. He’s the president. He lies, and he’s the president. He tries to intimidate the FBI and the Justice Department, and he’s the president. He tweets inanities, and he’s the president. He tries to cow the press, and he’s the president. Of course it matters what he has done to the environment, to women’s rights, to immigrants and to climate change. But his overwhelming injury is to our self-image. It would not matter to me if he brought peace to the Middle East and combined the two Koreas, he would still be a national embarrassment, a Fox News take on the Statue of Liberty, looming out of New York Harbor, giving the world the finger.

I know that Hillary Clinton ran straight at Trump and failed. But that was Clinton, an immensely talented person in all fields but politics. She had her own problems — a baggage train of scandals and associations, some of them wholly concocted by her political enemies. Still, she came awfully close. Now, though, the task is easier. Trump has done to many voters what his supporters think Bill and Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama did to them: rob them of their own country.

I know that a roundup of many potential candidates cannot do them justice. The quotes are fragmentary — shards of their beliefs — and do not reflect their whole person or their individuality. Buttigieg, for example, may be the obscure mayor of a modest-sized American city, but he’s also a former Rhodes Scholar who served in Afghanistan (Navy Reserve) and is openly gay

The fact remains, however, that the Democratic field lacks a giant-killer and, worse, seems to lack anyone imbued with a red-hot desire to flatten Donald Trump. He is the issue — not needed programs such as banking regulation or the desire for diversity or the requirement to invest in education and reeducation. Cuban, who, incidentally, has what it takes to slug it out with Trump, has it wrong. Ask Trump. It is always about Donald Trump.
I also do not yet see that giant killer. Joe Biden might have been one years ago. He is too tired today. The giant killer will, I think, ride the old Democratic economic message. Its power is still there, and its truth could not be more obvious. This is an election that Democrats MUST win.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Associated Press
AP: Trump 2020 working with ex-Cambridge Analytica staffers

WASHINGTON (AP) — A company run by former officials at Cambridge Analytica, the political consulting firm brought down by a scandal over how it obtained Facebook users’ private data, has quietly been working for President Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election effort, The Associated Press has learned.

The AP confirmed that at least four former Cambridge Analytica employees are affiliated with Data Propria, a new company specializing in voter and consumer targeting work similar to Cambridge Analytica’s efforts before its collapse. The company’s former head of product, Matt Oczkowski, leads the new firm, which also includes Cambridge Analytica’s former chief data scientist.

Oczkowski denied a link to the Trump campaign, but acknowledged that his new firm has agreed to do 2018 campaign work for the Republican National Committee. Oczkowski led the Cambridge Analytica data team which worked on Trump’s successful 2016 campaign.

The AP learned of Data Propria’s role in Trump’s re-election effort as a result of conversations held with political contacts and prospective clients in recent weeks by Oczkowski. In one such conversation, which took place in a public place and was overheard by two AP reporters, Oczkowski said he and and Trump’s 2020 campaign manager, Brad Parscale, were “doing the president’s work for 2020.”

In addition, a person familiar with Data Propria’s Washington efforts, who spoke on condition of anonymity to protect business relationships, confirmed to the AP that Trump-related 2020 work already had begun at the firm along the lines of Cambridge Analytica’s 2016 work.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Stephen K. Bannon has won
He was fired 10 months ago, but Stephen K. Bannon has won.

Truculent, anti-immigrant nationalism; disdain for the “deep state”; disparaging democratic allies while celebrating dictators: These are now the pillars of President Trump’s rule. In his administration’s policy, foreign and domestic, and in the compliant Republican Party, Bannonism is ascendant.
:snippity:
This is the victory not only of a Trump personality cult, as it has been described, but also of an ideology, one closer to Putinism than Reaganism.
:snippity:
... The White House defines itself and prepares to motivate its voters by the “enemies” it constantly creates, refines and rediscovers, including African American athletes, the press (“Our Country’s biggest enemy,” in a recent Trump tweet), Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (“very dishonest & weak”), and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III (directing a “Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats”). Also: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Democratic leaders in the Senate and House, former FBI director James B. Comey, his own attorney general, his deputy attorney general . ...

But Bannonism is not just a snarling attitude. It encompasses a contempt for democracy and a respect for authoritarianism. ....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ost&wpmm=1

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Lani

Post by Lani » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Here comes the GOP plan for 2018 and 2020. Obama ruined everything. Trump has already turned things around, but it will take time restore Amerika.

America really did have a Manchurian Candidate in the White House
After returning from a tour of some of the war zones in the Middle East — which ended with the Free Iran Gathering 2018 in Paris — I am struck by the realization that America really did have a Manchurian Candidate in The White House for eight years. If you look at the evidence, there really is no other conclusion. The calamitous consequences of the Obama presidency will be felt for the foreseeable future.

In the short year and a half that President Trump has been in office, he has put in place policy that has mitigated the damage that President Obama inflicted on our national security and on our allies. The speed with which Trump has been able to turn things around points to the diabolical depths the Obama administration went to in order to undermine our national strength and way of life. All Trump had to do was stop doing things that hurt America; America could then take care of itself. The results are plain as day. However, it will take decades for the Obama damage to be completely undone. The deviousness of the Obama sedition runs deep.
https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... hite-hous/

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:28 pm

The Moonie Times does what it does best!

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Danraft

Post by Danraft » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:34 pm

I think I just threw up in somebody's mouth.... :) :daydream:

We've got work to doing!
So, pull on your Sock Puppets --and start Mis-spelling!!!

- Dr Whom, Time Lord
(DNA tests reveal a recessive, silent 'm')

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:41 pm

Danraft wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:34 pm
I think I just threw up in somebody's mouth.... :) :daydream:
:sick:

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:59 am

Business Insider
As Trump targets trade, a Chinese factory says its been hired to make flags for Trump's 2020 campaign

A Chinese factory that used to make red scarves for young communists said it has been contracted to make flags for President Donald Trump's 2020 election campaign.

Trump railed against Chinese manufacturing on the campaign trail in 2016 and was widely criticized as hypocritical when unofficial merchandise carrying the "Make America Great Again" slogan began flooding shelves across the country.

But now, as potential trade war with China looms and Trump's re-election campaign gets underway, a Chinese manufacturer said he has been hired to create flags for Trump. The flag factory, which used to make scarves for the communist Young Pioneers before China opened up its trade, now makes around 100,000 international flags a day.

"We also make flags for Trump for 2020. It seems like he has another campaign going on in 2020. Isn't that right?" Li Jiang told NPR's The Indicator podcast.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:47 am

Make China Great Again.

:lol:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:25 pm

I hope the Chinese asked for cash in advance :o

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:06 pm

I think this is something the Democrats could hammer.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:06 pm
There should be an advertisement that shows Trump bellowing about American manufacturing. Halfway through they show his flag, hats, T-Shirts, bathing suits, and all the other MAGA BS...........MADE IN CHINA. The MADE IN CHINA should linger on the screen again for a long long time. Then...Make CHINA Great Again? should linger for a few seconds. Then...Make America America Again. Vote Democratic.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:57 pm

RVInit wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:06 pm
There should be an advertisement that shows Trump bellowing about American manufacturing. Halfway through they show his flag, hats, T-Shirts, bathing suits, and all the other MAGA BS...........MADE IN CHINA. The MADE IN CHINA should linger on the screen again for a long long time. Then...Make CHINA Great Again? should linger for a few seconds. Then...Make America America Again. Vote Democratic.
:like:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Return to “Presidential Election”