Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Foggy

Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Whoa, I had a struggle with my spellchecker. :boxing:

She announced today, will make it formal next week.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/politics ... index.html

In my whole life I have never faked a sarcasm.

Lani

Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Post by Lani » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:05 pm

:sick:

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:54 am

:yeah:

And also:

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

June bug

Post by June bug » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:05 am

You mean the self-aggrandizing hypocrite who met with Bashar al-Assad and called the opposition to him terrorists?

I couldn't agree more with Lani and Mike.

listeme

Post by listeme » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 am

Augh!

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:58 am

A lot of noopers are looking in the mirror and seeing a potential president.

Didn't the GOP start with 17 contestants, back in 2015? :|

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:55 am

I was happy to see that Lani chimed right in at the beginning of this thread.

And I liked her reply!

Thanks, Lani. :thumbs:

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Steve Bannon thinks well of her.

Nuff said?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm

The great thing about Gabbard running is that she has zero chance of winning, yet her run will allow everyone to see how horrible she is. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... ionalists/ via @MotherJones

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

I must beg to differ with Lani:

:sarcastic:

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Lani

Post by Lani » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Well, well. Looks like her lies are catching up to her.

Tim Mak

@timkmak
Every member of the Hawaii Congressional delegation has called for a special prosecutor on Trump-Russia.... except @TulsiGabbard

11:11 AM - May 10, 2017
DlDv7EnX4AAq777.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:57 pm

DlDv3OgW0AA5uVe.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 am

LAITY'S ON IT:

Gabbard is in the Cruz position: She was born in American Samoa, which would normally make her a U.S. national (and not a citizen). But at least one of her parents were U.S. citizens at the time of her birth, making her a U.S. citizen at birth.

Laity must be thrilled: so many opportunities for more indirect confirmation from SCOTUS!

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Fuck you Tulsi. No sale. You didn't even just stand by, you worked for your Dad's hate group. No way. The GOP has been pushing her name out there.

Tulsi Gabbard, Democratic Presidential Candidate, Apologizes for Anti-Gay Past
Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii at the Capitol in July. Ms. Gabbard apologized on Thursday for her record of anti-gay rhetoric and her past work for an anti-gay advocacy group.
Jan. 17, 2019

Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, who last week announced she was running for president, apologized Thursday for her record of anti-gay rhetoric and her past work for an anti-gay advocacy group — issues that have emerged as an early obstacle as she pursues a long-shot bid for the Democratic Party’s nomination.

Ms. Gabbard, 37, has come under fire from lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender advocates in the days since she announced her presidential ambitions, which drew renewed focus to her past work for the Alliance for Traditional Marriage.

The group, which was run by her father, State Senator Mike Gabbard, fought against gay rights in Hawaii and helped pass an amendment to the State Constitution that gave the Legislature the power to ban same-sex marriage.

“In my past I said and believed things that were wrong, and worse, they were very hurtful to people in the L.G.B.T.Q. community and to their loved ones,” Ms. Gabbard said in a video posted to YouTube and shared on Twitter.

“My views have changed significantly since then,” she added, “and my record in Congress over the last six years reflects what is in my heart: a strong and ongoing commitment to fighting for L.G.B.T.Q. rights.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/us/p ... lgbtq.html

Avatar Photo: Replaced by young Roger Stone because "Adam Samuel Ben-Canaan, who published "attempted murder charges against ... Fogbow" is a useless putz.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:39 pm

In addition to working for her dad's hate organization, she ranted at Council meetings about the LGBT community - right up into her first Congressional campaign. She said some weasel words about government not preventing marriage, but did not even indicated that she was ok with same sex marriage until the polls went that way.

More weasel words (apologies to weasels) in her current effort to walk back her words and deeds. “In my past I said and believed things that were wrong, and worse, they were very hurtful to people in the L.G.B.T.Q. community and to their loved ones....” “My views have changed significantly since then...”
How about "I was wrong and I hurt people because of that. I'm working hard to undo the damage I caused, and I hope one day the people I hurt will be able to see the change of heart I have experienced and forgive me."

But no, now she's in a rage about Howard Dean saying "I don't think she knows what she's doing and I don't think she ... is qualified."

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:02 am

Some on DailyKos aren't fans of Tulsi.
Throughout her six years in Congress, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has repeatedly shown how out-of-step she is with mainstream progressive values, despite the fact that she represents Hawaii’s deep-blue 2nd Congressional District.

Among many other things, Gabbard has cozied up to Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, even visiting him on a secret trip to Syria two years ago; was one of the first (and only) Democrats to meet with Donald Trump after he won in 2016; refused to sign a letter from 169 House Democrats denouncing Trump for appointing white nationalist Steve Bannon as a White House strategist; has declined to sign on to a ban on assault weapons; has cultivated ties with violent Hindu nationalists in India; attacked Barack Obama for refusing to use the phrase "radical Islamic terrorism"; voted to make it all but impossible for Syrian refugees to settle in the U.S.; and even told a reporter in 2016 that her "personal views" opposing abortion rights "haven't changed."

And just the other day, Gabbard tried to #bothsides the federal government shutdown. Yes, she literally used that very phrase, telling CNN, “Both sides have completely hardened their positions and are unwilling to come together to work out the differences.” But any honest person who’s been watching the slow-motion tragedy of the shutdown unfold knows this isn’t true: Trump literally stalked out of negotiations with Democratic leaders and huffed, “Bye-bye!” Whatever side Gabbard is on, it’s not ours.
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1828955

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:38 am

The only side that Tulsi is on is hers.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:19 am

We are back from a 12 day vacation in beautiful Hawaii. The hometown newspaper, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, has NOT been kind to Ms. Gabbard.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Daily Beast
Tulsi Gabbard Loses Campaign Manager, Consultants Weeks After Announcing 2020 Bid

Democratic lawmaker Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) has been abandoned by her campaign manager and consulting firm just two and a half weeks after declaring her presidential bid, Politico reports. Two sources told Politico that campaign manager Rania Batrice and the consulting firm Revolution Messaging will reportedly leave after the campaign officially kicks off this weekend. “Rania Batrice is a long-time advisor and friend and remains so,” a Gabbard spokesperson was quoted as saying. Batrice also spoke warmly of Gabbard, noting that “it’s been an honor to work with her over the last few years,” and “I wish her all the best as she mounts her historic campaign.” The reported departures come weeks after a tumultuous campaign announcement, in which staffers reportedly worked through the holidays to prepare for an announcement that didn’t materialize, and were later caught off guard when Gabbard declared her bid on CNN’s The Van Jones Show. Politico notes that Gabbard also failed to visit key 2020 states after announcing her candidacy, and hadn’t even signed off on a campaign video before throwing her hat in the ring. Things apparently don’t look good for Gabbard on the home front, either: The congresswoman is facing backlash for sparring with Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI), and risks being primaried in her congressional district.
Adding:
Politico: Tulsi Gabbard campaign in disarray

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:24 pm

:happydance: :bunny: :happydance:

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:27 am

She was the darling of the 'Bros. Nice to see that some people have caught on to her.

This is a fun read.

I especially enjoyed this tweet: It’s Assad day for Tulsi.

Next up, Captain Starbucks!

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:48 am

Lani wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:27 am
I especially enjoyed this tweet: It’s Assad day for Tulsi.

Next up, Captain Starbucks!
:rotflmao: :thumbs:

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 am

I nonetheless fully expect Laity to challenge her placement on the New Hampshire ballot. Even if she withdraws before then and isn't on the ballot.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:29 am

If anything, she’s made herself incredibly vulnerable to being primaried with this stunt; while many aware people knew of this stuff, a lot more people do now.

I’d have no regrets if she were.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Tarrant wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:29 am
If anything, she’s made herself incredibly vulnerable to being primaried with this stunt; while many aware people knew of this stuff, a lot more people do now.

I’d have no regrets if she were.
:like: She needs to go. I bet she'll try to make a comeback as a Republican if she loses her primary. I don't see much difference between Gabbard and Republicans anyway. Maybe she's slightly less deranged.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Presidential Election”