What's Your Voting Plan? VBM, Early Voting, Election Day, Or Have You Voted?

What's Your Current Voting Plan?

Vote By Mail/Absentee
65%
Early Voting
29%
Election Day
4%
Not Voting
No votes
Other
1%

Total votes: 68

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

What's Your Voting Plan? VBM, Early Voting, Election Day, Or Have You Voted?

Post by Orlylicious »

Nine weeks to go and states like North Carolina will be getting ballots in mid September!

Poll: What's Your Current Voting Plan?

In Florida, we've asked for a Vote By Mail ballot. But we can return that at Early Voting or Election Day... we just bring the VBM ballot to the polling place and they invalidate it. We could also use a dropbox. But until we know the safety, we're planning as early as possible VBM.

vote.org has a lot of info on getting your registration confirmed, absentee ballots, etc.

https://iwillvote.com/ is the DNC's voting plan site.

Here are early voting start dates:

TURN TEXAS BLUE @Blue_Texas2020

Early voting start dates:
Alaska-Oct 19th
Arizona-Oct 7th
Arkansas-Oct 19th
Colorado-Oct 19th
Florida-Oct 24th
Georgia-Oct 12th
Hawaii-Oct 20th
Idaho-Oct 17th
Illinois-Oct 19th
Indiana-Oct 6th
Iowa-Oct 5th
Kansas-Oct 14th
Louisiana-Oct 20th
Maine-Oct 12th
Maryland-Oct 22nd
Mass-Oct 17th
Minnesota-Sept 18th
Montana-Oct 12th
Nebraska-Oct 4th
Nevada-Oct 17th
New Mexico-Oct 17th
New York-Oct 24th
North Carolina-Oct 15th
Ohio-Oct 3rd
Oklahoma-Oct 29th
Rhode Island-Oct 14th
South Carolina-Oct 5th
South Dakota-Oct 18th
Tenn-Oct 14th
Texas-Oct 13th
Utah-Oct 20th
Vermont-Sept 20th
Virginia Sept 18th
West Virginia-Oct 21st
1:56 PM · Aug 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

Having a plan ready will make a difference, voter suppression efforts are in overdrive. It only took the GOP two years -- they were under a consent decree but it was lifted in 2018. Back to their old tricks with a digital kicker to make it even more criminal.

What's your plan?
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
neonzx

Re: What's Your Current Voting Plan? VBM, Early Voting, Election Day

Post by neonzx »

I'm VBM.

A postcard arrived this week from the county election office because I'm signed-up for VBM. It's a notice as a reminder that the ballots will be mailed ~35 days prior to the election and that ballots will not be forwarded by the post office if we've moved, so, in that case, update addresses on our voter registration record to ensure we receive our ballots.

Not moving so all set! :boxing:
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

I'm going to vote early, in person, like I do.

I don't trust the USPS to deliver my ballot. :madguy:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
tek

Post by tek »

Us: Fill in the vote-by-mail ballot, drop it at an early voting location.
There's no way back
from there to here
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Going to the polls because we have no choice. We vote on the stage in the gym of the middle school down the street and I don't think I've ever seen more than a dozen people in there at one time, including the poll workers. It still pisses me off we have no option though.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

We have the option, but like Foggy, I don’t trust the USPS. And like Sugar, there are only ever a handful of people at the polling place. Probably less this year. I voted in person at the primary and I was the only one there.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

We'll drop our VBM ballot off at one of the early voting places, most likely the library.
ImageImageImage x4
June bug

Post by June bug »

Drop off my VBM ballot once I know drop off locations.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

For those concerned about the USPS delivering their ballots, don't you have the option to drop off your ballot directly at the election office?
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I note that Pennsylvania is not on that list. There is no early voting option here, other than VBM. I'm already signed up to vote by mail. I will use the ballot, but if I can, I'm going to find where the drop boxes are, and do that instead of mailing it. But if push comes to shove, I will show up on election day at my polling place, dressed for battle with the virus if I have to.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Because I voted by mail in the latest primary, I will receive a ballot in the mail in mid-September for the general election.

I'll probably find out where I can drop the ballot off rather than rely on the post office for delivery.
Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Per the notice I received yesterday from the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters
Orlylicious wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:56 am

Here are early voting start dates:

TURN TEXAS BLUE @Blue_Texas2020

Early voting start dates:
Alaska-Oct 19th
Arizona-Oct 7th
Arkansas-Oct 19th

California-Oct 5th

Colorado-Oct 19th
Florida-Oct 24th
Georgia-Oct 12th
Hawaii-Oct 20th
Idaho-Oct 17th
Illinois-Oct 19th
Indiana-Oct 6th
Iowa-Oct 5th
Kansas-Oct 14th
Louisiana-Oct 20th
Maine-Oct 12th
Maryland-Oct 22nd
Mass-Oct 17th
Minnesota-Sept 18th
Montana-Oct 12th
Nebraska-Oct 4th
Nevada-Oct 17th
New Mexico-Oct 17th
New York-Oct 24th
North Carolina-Oct 15th
Ohio-Oct 3rd
Oklahoma-Oct 29th
Rhode Island-Oct 14th
South Carolina-Oct 5th
South Dakota-Oct 18th
Tenn-Oct 14th
Texas-Oct 13th
Utah-Oct 20th
Vermont-Sept 20th
Virginia Sept 18th
West Virginia-Oct 21st
1:56 PM · Aug 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

Having a plan ready will make a difference, voter suppression efforts are in overdrive. It only took the GOP two years -- they were under a consent decree but it was lifted in 2018. Back to their old tricks with a digital kicker to make it even more criminal.

What's your plan?
I will be voting by mail, as I've done since moving back to the US in 2018 (and absentee before that). There is ballot tracking, so I'm not too worried about what the USPS does or doesn't do (https://eservices.sccgov.org/rov?tab=ab). If my ballot isn't received before Election Day, I'll vote in person.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Washington is all mail or drop box. There's one barely out of my way home from work. I'll be dropping it off as soon as it's completed. Not putting it in the mail.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

I'm gonna try and send mine in by Morse code... :-
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I'll go in person.

My polling site is in my condo complex at the main clubhouse, a short walk down the footpath.

My next door neighbors are election judges.
Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss »

Since I'm in Colorado, I vote by mail; everyone does.

It is easy-peasy. I can go online and check when my ballot has been mailed to me. I can drop it off at the county elections office or several drop boxes (drop off locations are described in the materials that come with the ballot). After I vote, I put the ballot in the envelope and sign it. If the signature doesn't match what the county elections office has, it is voided, so no issue with fraudulent Chinese-printed ballots flooding the elections office.

I can also mail the ballot, but I have to apply the proper postage. After voting, I can go online and check if my ballot was delivered to the election office. Ballots submitted on the day of election must be dropped off at the county elections office or drop boxes (designated for the day of election) no later than 7:00 p.m. on November 3, 2020.

As I said, easy-peasy. Coloradoans have been doing this for several years. It works!
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:48 pm Since I'm in Colorado, I vote by mail; everyone does.

It is easy-peasy. I can go online and check when my ballot has been mailed to me. I can drop it off at the county elections office or several drop boxes (drop off locations are described in the materials that come with the ballot). After I vote, I put the ballot in the envelope and sign it. If the signature doesn't match what the county elections office has, it is voided, so no issue with fraudulent Chinese-printed ballots flooding the elections office.
I’m so glad you mentioned that the signature has to match! IMPOTUS has convinced his base that anyone can mail in a ballot, and they either don’t understand or don’t believe that there’s any way to check whether or not a ballot is legitimate. I hope that The Lincoln Project or another group makes an intense effort to clarify this point. It should be obvious, but of course it
isn’t. :smokeears: :brickwallsmall:
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
tek

Post by tek »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:11 pm I'm gonna try and send mine in by Morse code... :-
_... .. _.. . _. _.._. .... ._ ._. ._. .. ...
There's no way back
from there to here
Lani

Post by Lani »

Snopes is making it easier for voters using mail-in ballots for the first time during the COVID-19 pandemic. The article provides the basics of absentee or mail-in voting requirements state by state.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/08/27/ ... YifQ%3D%3D
In the months before the 2020 U.S. elections — amid widespread shutdowns and myriad challenges caused by the coronavirus pandemic — confusion, rumors, and misinformation about mail-in voting flooded the internet and the Snopes inbox.

There was little reassurance from the news cycle: U.S. President Donald Trump made several questionable or controversial remarks about mail-in voting, the U.S. Postal Service sparked outcry with confusing operational changes, and an investigation by The Washington Post found that millions of voters in as many as 46 states could be disenfranchised by delayed mail-in ballots. Snopes contacted the Postal Service for further clarification but did not hear back at the time of publication.

Despite ongoing debate about the Postal Service’s ability to reliably deliver mail-in ballots in 2020, it did appear at the time of this writing that current absentee or mail-in voting deadlines in some states may not allow enough time for votes to be counted in the general election.

A batch of letters written by Thomas Marshall, general counsel and executive vice president of the Postal Service, was sent to state election officials on July 29 and released to the public more than two weeks later. The letters confirmed that state voting deadlines are incompatible with the timeline of standard post office delivery — a “mismatch” that posed a risk of requested ballots not being “returned by mail in time to be counted.”
MRich

Post by MRich »

Bill_G wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:21 am For those concerned about the USPS delivering their ballots, don't you have the option to drop off your ballot directly at the election office?
In Tennessee, absentee ballots must be delivered via USPS. I got a card today that was mailed 10 days ago from a location I could walk to in less than 4 hours. :madguy:
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

MRich wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:06 pm
Bill_G wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:21 am For those concerned about the USPS delivering their ballots, don't you have the option to drop off your ballot directly at the election office?
In Tennessee, absentee ballots must be delivered via USPS. I got a card today that was mailed 10 days ago from a location I could walk to in less than 4 hours. :madguy:
That's unfortunate, and something that should be amended.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Came accross this rant on Liveleak. Is it true that ballots get sent out like this wrapped up in propaganda?

Lani

Post by Lani »

We have online applications via the Office of Elections. Or you can download an app or request a printed application. Teenagers are urged to register at DVM when they get their driver license if they will be 18 or older the next election day.

It looks like the trump campaign printed some applications and mailed them to people. How they got the addresses/choose their victims, I don't know.
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 pm Washington is all mail or drop box. There's one barely out of my way home from work. I'll be dropping it off as soon as it's completed. Not putting it in the mail.
I'm also in Washington. We will be mailed our ballots before October 16, when voting begins. I'll be tracking mine via the online ballot tracker to be sure I receive it. Then I'll drop it off right away at the ballot box at my local library. And track it again.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
tek

Post by tek »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:22 am Came accross this rant on Liveleak. Is it true that ballots get sent out like this wrapped up in propaganda?

That is a ballot application, not a ballot ... and it is not clear who sent it. I can't make out the address info in the mirror shot.
There's no way back
from there to here

Return to “Elections 2020”