Deval Laurdine Patrick 2020 - 11/14/19 He's In

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Deval Laurdine Patrick 2020 - 11/14/19 He's In

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 pm

This sure seems out of left field, Deval Patrick is jumping in (and it's dEval, not dUval, made that mistake):
Deval Patrick Will Enter 2020 Presidential Race on Thursday
Mr. Patrick, the former two-term governor of Massachusetts, called several leading Democrats and allies to say that he would announce his bid for the White House.
By Jonathan Martin Nov. 13, 2019 Updated 7:34 p.m. ET

NEW ORLEANS — Former Gov. Deval Patrick of Massachusetts told senior Democrats Wednesday that he will enter the presidential race, according to two party officials, reversing his decision last year to forgo a run and adding yet more volatility to an unusually fluid Democratic primary.

Mr. Patrick will enter the race Thursday morning and head to New Hampshire’s State House to file paperwork to be a candidate on the primary ballot there, according to a Democrat familiar with his plans. Mr. Patrick was calling a list of party leaders Wednesday to inform them of his decision and is planning to begin his campaign with a video and new website.

After appearing in New Hampshire, Mr. Patrick will head to California, which is voting in early March, and then go on to three early nominating states: Nevada, Iowa and South Carolina.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/13/us/p ... e=Homepage

Deval Patrick
Former Governor of Massachusetts
Deval Laurdine Patrick is an American politician, civil rights lawyer, author, and businessman who served as the 71st Governor of Massachusetts, from 2007 to 2015. He was first elected in 2006, succeeding Mitt Romney who chose not to run for reelection. Wikipedia
Born: July 31, 1956 (age 63 years), Chicago, IL
Spouse: Diane Patrick (m. 1984)
Education: Harvard College, Milton Academy, Harvard Law School, Harvard University
Children: Katherine Patrick, Sarah Patrick
Parents: Pat Patrick, Emily Mae Patrick

Back to 2016 when we were talking about Hillary's VP picks:

Deval Patrick was a hell of a speaker and he's a fighter... this was 2012 though. It's his DNC speech taking on Willard and his accomplishments and his ideas:

[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]

One conservative blog referred to a NY Times story:
Why Clinton will choose Deval Patrick as vice president
By James P. Freeman | April 30, 2016, 8:56 EDT

In its analysis, The Times weighed the pros and cons of Patrick as a running mate. The pros are obvious: Patrick brings diversity to the ticket (he is the first African-American governor to be reelected), has close ties to the business community (he is a partner of Bain Capital, the investment firm), and invokes a heartwarming personal story (overcoming a childhood in poverty). The cons seem less problematic: Massachusetts is not a swing state (neither was Joe Biden’s Delaware for Barack Obama) and Patrick “could easily be tarred as another Massachusetts liberal.”

Patrick also brings executive level experience to this campaign and would be comfortable in the role of presiding over the contemplative Senate, where he would forge coalitions. And Patrick would deliver an elegant poetry – in speech and debate – to the proceedings, thereby elevating Clinton’s otherwise insipid prose on the campaign trail, in this dismal year of uninspiring political discourse.

Like anyone associated with the Clintons, however, Patrick’s relationship with them is, well, complex and enigmatic. As counsel for the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Patrick sued Bill Clinton when he was governor of Arkansas, over that state’s alleged violation of the Voting Rights Act. In 1994, President Clinton appointed Patrick as an Assistant Attorney General, in charge of the civil right division. Just two years ago, in a radio appearance on WGBH, Patrick expressed concern over Hillary Clinton’s “inevitability” as the Democrat nominee, and said about her, “It’s not like we’re pals.”
http://newbostonpost.com/2016/04/30/why ... president/

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

tek

Re: Deval Laurdine Patrick 2020?

Post by tek » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Just no.

what the heck is it with these people who think they can ride on their white stallion and save the Democratic Party?

As a MA resident I was a fan of Deval. Until this.

There's no way back
from there to here

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:21 pm

:nope:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:29 pm

And Elizabeth Warren is the elitist?

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:00 am

He can;t be an Elitist, he's got Melanin. :bored:

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 am

He's made it official.

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:17 am

No thank you very much. :nope: :talktothehand:

But I'll put him on the list. We're back to 18 candy dates, and still waiting for Bloomberg to shit or get off the pot. :daydream:

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:06 am

Deval Patrick Joins the 2020 Race: ‘This Won’t Be Easy, and It Shouldn’t Be’
“I admire and respect the candidates in the Democratic field,” he said. “They bring a richness of ideas and experience and a depth of character that makes me proud to be a Democrat. But if the character of the candidates is an issue in every election, this time is about the character of the country. This time is about whether the day after the election, America will keep her promises. This time is about more than removing an unpopular and divisive leader, as important as that is, but about delivering instead for you.”
he has certainly mastered the art of using lots of words to say nothing at all.

How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Evie Fordham@eviefordham
Former gov @DevalPatrick’s bio page at Bain Capital just turned into 403 error page... I’ve reached out to Bain for explanation
Reply? "Deval who? Never heard of him."
*poof*

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm

IMHO, he is really running to be the VP nominee for Warren/Biden/Sanders.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:42 pm

woodworker wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm
IMHO, he is really running to be the VP nominee for Warren/Biden/Sanders.
Possibly. But there's already someone with the perfect credentials in case the nominee is a white woman. Cory Booker.

June bug

Post by June bug » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:55 pm

tek wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 pm
Just no.

what the heck is it with these people who think they can ride on their white stallion and save the Democratic Party?
:yeah: x2!

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Re: Deval Laurdine Patrick 2020 - 11/14/19 He's In

Post by SuzieC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Unlikely Booker or Patrick would be VP pick for Warren/Biden/Sanders. All 5 are from the New England states. Harris, Abrams, or Castro would be better ticket-balancing picks. IMO.

ETA: I'm still leaning, ever so slightly, to Harris as our nominee. In which case I think O'Rourke, Buttiegieg, or Castro would be good VP picks and would fire up the base and young voters.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:39 pm

My preference right now would probably be Julian Castro, with Kamala Harris as AG (though hate to lose her in the senate).

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Yeah, I'm a Castro fan as well, but he's about done.

I heard Patrick on TV last night and couldn't get past the sound of his voice. He sounds like a South Park character.

Image Image Image Image Image

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:51 pm

There's an ugly story going around about his rapist BIL that involves Deval Patrick covering up for him. Really messy. I don't think he'll go anywhere.

tek

Post by tek » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:52 am

Deval Patrick’s intervention over ex-brother-in-law brings renewed criticism

His political intervention in the case exposed his personal investment and the dangers of entangling the two. The victim was his sister, who had reconciled with Sigh after the 1993 rape.

But last summer, when they were estranged again, the saga took another turn. Sigh was convicted of raping his ex-wife again. The charges included violating a restraining order and even launching a kidnapping plot that included drawing a map so she could be captured while leaving work.

There's no way back
from there to here

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:38 am

Wonkette tore into this guy yesterday.

https://www.wonkette.com/deval-patricks ... n-same-day
Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick launched his presidential campaign a little late, and if he's going to catch up with the political corpses of John Hickenlooper and Steve Bullock, he needs to hurry up and fail. So far, he's off to a good start at being terrible.

Patrick was until recently an executive for Bain Capital, and the best way to handle that is to ignore it and hope everyone's too polite to mention it. His bio was downsized from the Bain website. But reporters still ask Patrick about his time at Bain as if he worked there just last week, which he did. Patrick claims he never bought the Obama campaign's "demonization" of Bain during the 2012 election. He was co-chair of the campaign, so he didn't need to "buy" it, at least not at full price. I don't see the point of relitigating a successful political strategy, but Patrick clearly explained why he's defending Mitt Romney's company that killed Toys "R" Us.
PATRICK: You know, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything, and some transactions in private equity are going to go sideways, with or without, by the way private equity. But I do think that capitalism, and I am capitalist, has a lot to answer for. There are reasons, and justifiable reasons, why people feel like our economy and our government has been tilted too much in the direction of moneyed intereests. Some of those are companies and some of those are individuals. There is a way out of that There is a way. And we're going to have something to say about that in our democracy.
Patrick is defining himself as an alternative to both Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren. He believes Biden's nostalgia trip "misses the moment" for "big systemic change," but unlike Warren, he thinks simply talking about "change" in inspiring tones is sufficient. The country needs to "unite" and "heal" and then after a long nap "unite" and "heal" some more. Patrick told Jake Tapper yesterday that an unspecified and nonthreatening "change" was the only way to "bring us back together." Presumably, love would keep us together.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:35 pm

I guess Deval had trouble filling seats yesterday.
Screenshot_20191121_153125.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:28 pm

That's horrible, he's a patriot and I think he's sincere that he wants to help America... but in this case, hope he's considering shutting this down. If he couldn't even get an audience at Morehouse, after a national rollout, what may have been his goal to move the party back to the right a bit will only serve to be a distraction.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Hard to be a distraction when you're invisible.

Return to “Elections 2020”