Search found 7492 matches

by RoadScholar
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:57 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Stones or Zeppelin? Waters or Gilmour?
Replies: 50
Views: 3640

Re: Stones or Zeppelin? Waters or Gilmour?

“When you say ‘Dylan,’ he thinks you’re talking about Dylan Thomas, whoever he was...”
by RoadScholar
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am
Forum: Trump Administration
Topic: Shakespeare on Trump
Replies: 18
Views: 622

Re: Shakespeare on Trump

Also wonderful: David Crystal's audio recording of the Tyndale Bible (1525), the Book of Matthew, in the reconstructed accent of the early 16th century. Many pronunciations are there that had vanished by Shakespeare's time, like the "gh" sound in "light" (it sounds a bit like the modern German word ...
by RoadScholar
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 am
Forum: Trump Administration
Topic: Shakespeare on Trump
Replies: 18
Views: 622

Re: Shakespeare on Trump

It’s already in my Audible collection. Listened to Will in the World first. To fans of early English I recommend The Story of English in 100 Words by David Crystal. He is also a leading light in the OP movement... our company mounts a full production of one Shakespeare play every year in Original Pr...
by RoadScholar
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:04 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

My brother gets his in July.
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 pm
Forum: Trump Administration
Topic: Shakespeare on Trump
Replies: 18
Views: 622

Re: Shakespeare on Trump

“Woe is the State when the King is a Childe.”
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

OK. Weight gain has nothing whatsoever to do with consuming too many calories, for anyone in America.

I stand corrected.
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

Yeesh. I was making the point that overcoming either alcoholism or pathological over-eating is not easy , is not a simple matter of "willpower," but a profound challenge that people without those issues can't understand. It's like the stupidity of the "Just Say No to Drugs" slogan. IT AIN"T THAT EAS...
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

The analogy of people with overeating addiction and alcoholics is a good one. Alcoholics say "I drink because I'm miserable and stressed." You ask why and the reason boils down to: because I drink to excess. I've heard obese people say the same thing about overeating. "It's the only thing that make...
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Fogbow woodworkers' club
Replies: 463
Views: 21713

Re: Fogbow woodworkers' club

Taken 3pm yesterday:

19C17029-B69A-40AB-BBDA-91DAF7B5CCF9.jpeg
Barbara Thompson, scenic painter for over 30 years, volunteered her services to age the timbering. Excellent job.
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: The Happy Things Thread
Replies: 210
Views: 11626

Re: The Happy Things Thread

:clap: :dance: :towel:
by RoadScholar
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm
Forum: Trump Administration
Topic: All the President's Lies
Replies: 811
Views: 50172

Re: All the President's Lies

The ADHD presidency.
by RoadScholar
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:32 pm
Forum: Other Fringe Groups & Individuals
Topic: "Q" #QAnon "The Storm” "Any Day Now" 8Chan - Conspiracy Theories For Dummies
Replies: 1188
Views: 66027

Re: "Q" #QAnon "The Storm” "Any Day Now" 8Chan - Conspiracy Theories For Dummies

Photoguy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:21 pm
Janny in Texas wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:16 pm
Whip wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am
commie.
Pinko.
All hail Marx and Lennon, Comrades.

Image
Sounds like somebody graduated from Communist Martyrs High School!

I suggest you take off your shoes, sit in a tree and learn to play the flute.
by RoadScholar
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

The analogy of people with overeating addiction and alcoholics is a good one. Alcoholics say "I drink because I'm miserable and stressed." You ask why and the reason boils down to: because I drink to excess. I've heard obese people say the same thing about overeating. "It's the only thing that make...
by RoadScholar
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

The analogy of people with overeating addiction and alcoholics is a good one. Alcoholics say "I drink because I'm miserable and stressed." You ask why and the reason boils down to: because I drink to excess. I've heard obese people say the same thing about overeating. "It's the only thing that makes...
by RoadScholar
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:59 pm
Forum: Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries
Topic: Karl Koenigs
Replies: 4972
Views: 217152

Re: Karl Koenigs

Umm, Karl? If they had really been “trying to kill” you, YOU’D BE DEAD.

Fiction can be fun... but it’s still fiction, Karl.
by RoadScholar
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:08 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

Good to know. I have never encountered that fact.

And based on my impression of you, I have zero doubt you are correct. :kiss:
by RoadScholar
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:19 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

So... there are folks who become obese without over-eating? :think:
by RoadScholar
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:39 pm
Forum: ► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄
Topic: Trump PARDONS THE HAMMONDS
Replies: 149
Views: 6188

Re: Trump PARDONS THE HAMMONDS

/6 send money
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:30 am
Forum: Trump Administration
Topic: President Trump
Replies: 10620
Views: 477488

Re: President Trump

neonzx wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:30 am
Estiveo wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 pm
He's not 6'3".
Maybe internet inches.
Punctuation issue. Donald is 6’; 3”.
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:21 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Hijack this thread
Replies: 26479
Views: 1063165

Re: Hijack this thread

Our old coonhound once tried to climb the Rose of Sharon after one.
by RoadScholar
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 am
Forum: Trump Administration
Topic: Dotus Stranded On The Islands
Replies: 203
Views: 4233

Re: Dotus Stranded On The Islands

I’m aghast that she has one. I alway figured she was grown in some basement laboratory. Or even lavatory.
by RoadScholar
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 pm
Forum: Teh Funny Stuffs
Topic: No Catz but Kate's OK
Replies: 4737
Views: 239997

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

DF86A58D-871E-4A4A-9822-E3C66CBF3DBE.jpeg

Happy kitty, happy mommy. :lovestruck:
by RoadScholar
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:08 pm
Forum: Trump Administration
Topic: Dotus Stranded On The Islands
Replies: 203
Views: 4233

Re: Dotus Stranded On The Islands

Vexing thread title. For a moment I have a tingle of hope that Trump might actually be stranded somewhere. :pray:
by RoadScholar
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:05 pm
Forum: Social Issues
Topic: Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage
Replies: 5863
Views: 285326

Re: Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage

Maybe they're only guilty of "bemused tolerance." Highly doubtful. I’ve been informed that no such thing exists It does among “compassionate conservatives.” At least, the ones who don’t want to compassionately help the gays by trying to convert them. I have never seen it among good-hearted straight...
by RoadScholar
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:03 pm
Forum: Social Issues
Topic: Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage
Replies: 5863
Views: 285326

Re: Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage

Maybe they're only guilty of "bemused tolerance."

Zut alors! 8-)

Go to advanced search